hey americans, what in the hell are you gonna do about this election?

Started by kw, July 27, 2016, 07:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeK

I really think that Trump's ego is too big for the conspiracy to work. They are friends but Trump will trade that friendship in a second to be the (perceived) most powerful person in the world. It is very suspicious, however, that Trump just had to keep his focus on hammering Hillary with rhetoric and he would most likely be ahead in the polls. Instead, he starts and keeps alive a beef with the parents of a dead soldier and continues to shoot himself in the foot nearly every day. All he needed to do was give a George W. to Cindy Sheehan type response to the Khan family and keep saying "crooked Hillary" repeatedly and he would be fine. He can't be that stupid can he? When people are asking, "why couldn't you have sounded more like George W. Bush?" You know you're in trouble.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

jer

Like I said previously in the initial thread, I don't actually believe this. It can just be funny to entertain some.absurdity I guess.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

Anna Karina

I think the likelihood is he ran to try and garner attention for another book/TV show (a la Carson) without actually expecting to get nominated, but he didn't realize how dumb Republicans are, and also he's a completely self-absorbed asshole who's now letting it get to his head.

jer

skateandannoy

https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

BlakeK

Quote from: jer on August 08, 2016, 07:31:07 PM
Like I said previously in the initial thread, I don't actually believe this. It can just be funny to entertain some.absurdity I guess.
It is fun but not far fetched. I wonder if they'll be friends after the election. I have a feeling they will and will chalk up their personal attacks on one another to "business" like the mafia.

BlakeK

What does everyone think of Trumps comments on the second amendment folks "doing something about" Hillary and/or Supreme Court justices? Does anyone think that he meant anything other than shooting her or them? He says he meant that they support him and will vote for him but in the full context, it seems to me that it is an assassination joke. I think it's dangerous because of how crazy some of his supporters are. It reminds me of when Bill O'Reilly was saying "Tiller the baby killer" and we know how that ended.

ramblinrabble

So I'm just about ready for this shit to all be over.  I'm sick of going to work everyday and having to listen to people just be hateful to each other for no reason other than the election.   Trump is an awful human being, Hilary has broken some laws.   We get it.  Shut the fuck up already.  Vote whichever way you do when you vote and keep it to yourself or agree to disagree.  None of this shit is necessary.  This has been the most hateful, angry election I've ever seen, with most of the campaigns' primary focus seems to be shitting on each other rather than discussing actual policies and plans for their administration.  Let's just get it all out of the way and over with; the elections, the ballot counting, the accusations of fraud, the riot that subsequently follows, and then hopefully everyone just shuts the fuck up after it's all over.

That said,  Joe Exotic for president!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc-_7RCFArM

pronetoaccidents

i'll probably either sleep in and not vote or be in jail or be dead.
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

skateandannoy

kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

pronetoaccidents

Thank God by tonight this fucking tomfoolery, bullshit, speculations will be over... then perhaps they'll be the "riots ". Better than reading on facebook close friends are racist idiots

pronetoaccidents

rory

I'm playing a show tonight with Calyx, and I'm drinking too much coffee, and I'm working an 8 hour shift.

I'm so disillusioned by the presidential election, in a way that I didn't even think was possible since it's never really been something I get particularly hyped for. However, my local elections have some pretty important change-overs that need to occur, so I'm voting to get my racist, awful, opportunistic treasurer out of office, and to hopefully avoid having a completely horseshit prosecuting attorney (not that I'm all that impressed with the fellow I'm voting for, but the guy I liked did not win the primary).

All I usually care about at elections is voting to give the bus systems and libraries and schools more money. I live in a city where I do not pay city taxes - that is only accomplished by property tax. Because of that, millages of that sort affect the unscrupulous landlords, who honestly should be paying a bit more for things that actual residents benefit from - seeing as they do not even the bare minimum to upkeep these 100+ year old houses.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

pronetoaccidents

Also, my buddy said this.. wise man..

I understand many people are fed up with this election and are abstaining from voting, but keep in mind that local government, ballot measures, 34 senators, 435 house seats and 14 governorships are also up for grabs. You have a lot more impact in local government, and our Congress has been one of the most inept in over a century, so why not vote them out? They have more power than presidents do.

BlakeK

It's not looking good at all. We are going to have President Trump come January. What the fuck.

ramblinrabble

What the fuck.   Is this actually happening right now?   Is America really THIS fucking stupid?

ramblinrabble

Guliani just said that Trump will be the greatest president since Andrew Jackson.  Just think about that for a minute.

skateandannoy

skateandannoy

Quote from: skateandannoy on May 31, 2016, 01:29:11 PM
Quote from: pronetoaccidents on May 31, 2016, 08:46:39 AM
how is hilary still running, let alone not facing criminal charges
Because the rich and the powerful can get away with anything. I'm amazed she's still winning despite her low approval rating. I know the party is doing everything in their power to give her the upper hand but damn. The silver lining of this election is that the Democratic Party has made it abundantly clear that they would rather risk losing by pushing Hillary (even though Bernie has a projected double digit lead over Trump when they were they facing off in November) than put in someone that would change the way the country is run.

They are more afraid of Sanders than Trump. If that doesn't say something to the public about where the allegiances of the "people's party" lies I don't know what does. Hopefully after another four years of red/ blue Washington cold war we can finally elect someone that will do something about our problems!

Graphix

jer

skateandannoy

She won the popular vote. It's fucking Bush v Gore all over again. There's just the chance the Electoral College turns it around.

pronetoaccidents

my old sentiments "i'll probably either sleep in and not vote or be in jail or be dead." sorta came true. it was like, i dunno 4:00 maybe 5:00 P.M. or so, my bunkies tell me she's way up. so i'm like "okay good. I''m gonna take a nap, thank god this shits almost over." anyhow, that "nap" turned into me waking up at like 2 in the morning and i went to take a leak and the janitor told me Trump one. I thought he was just fucking with me because i've been at this place a few month now and this guy is a clown. anyhow, low and behold, the motherfucker did it.

pronetoaccidents

here's my theory.. she REALLY won but trump was like "yo listen hil, i'll buy you and your man (that is if her and ol' Billy are actually together and making love and all that marriage entails or if its just a purely political alliance) a castle anywhere in the world, get you slaves, all you're decadent wants and needs and wishes will be catered to and you'll live happily ever after". campaigns wear you out and she's been doing it in one way or another since her 20's i believe and she's what now, 138? but i also think voting is a deception to make us think we live in a democracy when we don't.. they know all the presidents until whenever armageddon or atomic warfare happens and then they'll be on a spaceship headed to a planet they know can contain life...  but hey, i'm crazy ;)