dorkrockcorkrod is 10 years old and i feel old

Started by pronetoaccidents, July 30, 2014, 04:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pronetoaccidents

just saw a 10 year anniversary reissue of the lp.. i remember when it came out and damn, that was a pretty fast decade. they really do go as fast as everyone said they would. i kinda wish things could slow down a bit.
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

ramblinrabble

Life slows down more if you're constantly spinning in the opposite direction of the earth's rotation.

Courtney

Seeing that album played from start to finish at their last Fest was incredible. Goddamn I love me some pop punk.

pronetoaccidents

reveletory for me was around 2002, ben kweller/f'n days and they FUCKING Killing it. i've never seen such intensity. at the time i had no reference point. things were simple. there was poppunk and then there was "hardcore" (a very ambigious word. this was long island early 90s) and since ergs! play faster and brutaler and punkasfuck live it was like a mix between poppunk 80s punk channeling minutemen and 60s legends the zombies (worn clearly on sleeves. rod argent is none other than the man behind em")..

i don't wanna be old.
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

tinybitsofheart

kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang