Started by Anna Karina, June 10, 2014, 02:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Karina

hatmoose

adventure time is a cool show let's discuss it if you wish to

what else is the hot tv show, there's new pretty little liars
ask me about my high score

AaronTheCabe

Orphan Black is killer. Best writing on tv and they just introduced a new clone that is Tran. never seen that on normal tv before
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

skateandannoy

Quote from: hatmoose on June 10, 2014, 02:08:40 PM

My friend let me make a profile on his netflix account so I've been watching Adventure Time from the beginning. It all makes more sense that way. I'd only seen a couple of episodes and it just seemed weird. Seeing it in order is better. I've been watching regular show almost since the beginning though. That show is awesome. The only thing I watch on tv is cartoons.
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

hatmoose

Quote from: skateandannoy on June 10, 2014, 02:28:09 PM

My friend let me make a profile on his netflix account so I've been watching Adventure Time from the beginning. It all makes more sense that way. I'd only seen a couple of episodes and it just seemed weird. Seeing it in order is better. I've been watching regular show almost since the beginning though. That show is awesome. The only thing I watch on tv is cartoons.

you absolutely must watch them in order, in my opinion

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/anime/adventure-time

there's a lot of really good episodes of this show

skateandannoy

Quote from: hatmoose on June 10, 2014, 02:30:32 PM
Quote from: skateandannoy on June 10, 2014, 02:28:09 PM

you absolutely must watch them in order, in my opinion

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/anime/adventure-time

there's a lot of really good episodes of this show
Yeah I really didn't care for it just seeing scattered episodes, now I'm really enjoying it

kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

hatmoose

skateandannoy

Quote from: hatmoose on June 10, 2014, 02:33:35 PM
what part are you at
I just passed the episode where they help the annoying slug find a girlfriend. That episode is one of the only early ones I don't care for, I'd seen it before.

hatmoose

post itt everytime you see a cool ep

skateandannoy

I will! I watch a couple episodes a day while I clean my house and fix my resume to get a job and take care/ hang out with my dog and stuff, so I'll probably do that a lot!

amanda

Quote from: AaronTheCabe on June 10, 2014, 02:21:47 PM
Orphan Black is killer. Best writing on tv and they just introduced a new clone that is Tran. never seen that on normal tv before

I am currently obsessed with Orphan Black right now.  It's soooo good.

I'm also really into Game of Thrones right now.

accidentprone

i signed up for a free trial with time warner so i have free tv and internet and on the 29th day i'm cancelling it and finding the next company that offers free trials... and that's how i will continue to watch the shows that i have recently grown to thoroughly enjoy..

they are included but not limited to Louie, breaking bad (yeah, i know i'm late in the fucking game) and game of thrones. game of thrones wasn't doing much for me until i saw the end of an episode when a guy gouged out someones eyes then crushed his head like a tomato. gratuitous gets my blood flowin..

but bah humbug to this new board... WHY?

momitsnowme

Is anyone watching the second season of Orange is the new black?

BagginSagginBrian

Is any one else watching Turn?

FolkTheGovernment

Sometime before November hopefully I'm going to re-watch Breaking Bad to ease the hype of Better Call Saul
i love sharks and Godzilla

hatmoose

Quote from: momitsnowme on June 11, 2014, 09:40:58 PM
Is anyone watching the second season of Orange is the new black?
allison totally just finished it recently, and we're gonna rewatch the whole thing so i can understand wtf happened better

mostly im like 'fuck vee'

lindsey

we just finished re-watching the first season of orange is the new black and we're starting the new season tonight! so stoked

i'm also super into game of thrones but i'm pretty sure waiting for the next season/new book is going to be even more excruciating than breaking bad. ugh. the last episode was dope but i was annoyed that it all centered around the wall/didn't visit anyone else. I NEED UPDATES ON TYRION

Semi

Quote from: lindsey on June 12, 2014, 08:16:18 AM
we just finished re-watching the first season of orange is the new black and we're starting the new season tonight! so stoked

i'm also super into game of thrones but i'm pretty sure waiting for the next season/new book is going to be even more excruciating than breaking bad. ugh. the last episode was dope but i was annoyed that it all centered around the wall/didn't visit anyone else. I NEED UPDATES ON TYRION

Imagine how the wait was for us book readers! Albeit I started reading the books when ASOS was released so I'm not one of those people that's been around since 96 but still. Reading AGOT, ACOK and then (the best fantasy book ever released) ASOS and having to wait for the next part, and that part being the incredibly boring AFFC. It was horrible!

I liked the episode, but yes, I don't feel that the Wall storyline can carry an entire episode on its own, especially when not much even happened. However, the portrayal of Alliser Thorne was incredible in that episode, so gooooooood!!.....

I play accordian/guitar and sing together with my girlfriend who plays ukulele in our band Lagom, we sing songs about the internal contradictions of capital and watching Rupauls Dragrace.

Anna Karina

Season two of Orange is the New Black is real disappointing. It's entertaining but it's such a huge step down from the first season and the finale ends with one of the stupidest fucking scenes ever. Oz season 6 level bad/corny.

Got a crush on Lorna Morello though.

Anna Karina

Why is the "new" episode of Maron a rerun?

How the fuck is that new, IFC?

rabbit

i've never heard of orphan black ---- what kind of thing is it? is it new?

i've been watching fargo recently - and loving it. the end of every episode absolutely kills me, knowing that it'll be a whole week (!!!) til i can find out what happens next.
have just gotten up to series 5 of the sopranos - been putting it off for years (watched a bit when it was still on TV) but finally decided to take the plunge. really enjoying it, obviously.
after that i'm going to watch true detective. heard it's really good --- anyone here seen it? thoughts? i'm a total sucker for woody harrelson.

Quote from: FolkTheGovernment on June 12, 2014, 03:08:50 AM
Sometime before November hopefully I'm going to re-watch Breaking Bad to ease the hype of Better Call Saul
i don't know about any of the rest of you but i'm almost totally uninterested in better call saul. really loved breaking bad but for some reason i've kind of been completely of the opinion that they should have just left it, no spin offs.
am more than happy to be proven wrong though - i'll probably watch an ep or two just to see how it is.

AaronTheCabe

Quote from: rabbit on June 13, 2014, 03:57:52 AM

i've been watching fargo recently - and loving it. the end of every episode absolutely kills me, knowing that it'll be a whole week (!!!)

totally, fargo is probably one of the best tv series of all time in my opinion. and they really do end each episode with a ...well..not necessarily a cliffhanger but just after epicness (kind of like game of thrones too, which i love so much too Tague! )

Orphan black just started its second season. its BBC America's second or third original series (filmed and produced in Canada with US money/producers to literally a British-Canadian-US co production). I'll describe the very first scene, a girl pick pockets a guy (or something similar) and is escaping pursuit. she hits the train station where she sees herself, a doppleganger/twin someone who looks just like her. Before she can say anything the woman jumps onto the tracks as the train appears, leaving behind her purse with identification and everything. its revealed and no spoiler to tell you that its discovered she was a clone and the main character is as well and there is a whole thing and i just realized i'm making sound boring and stupid and its so much better than that, don't let my sorry description that does it no justice hinder you from seeing it.

It also brings up many interesting cultural cues on nature vs nurture. for one, one close is gay, another is trans. its brings up interesting ideas on what makes a person a person. memory? enculturation? where does the nature end and the nurture begin...

i have never written but always wanted to write my own clone story, which makes many allusion to A Tale of Two Cities, in which the clone is the normal hard working, wife and kids "average joe" type of guy and the original ends up being an addict and on the streets. the main story was going to be in the court room where they have to decide whether the clone has the right to exist as he was created illegally and with the religious right seeing it as an abomination to their way of life. iw as going to end it with the original going to visit the clone after he is found guilty of illegally existing and sentenced to death and they switch places. the whole court room, execution, and switching places is meant to be an homage to tale of two cities
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

jer

Quote from: Anna Karina on June 13, 2014, 02:01:45 AM

You're watching illegal streams, aren't you?

The episodes aired out of order in Canada (oddly enough, a lot of streaming sites get their content from Canadian folks). IFC ran it in the right order, so American legal-viewing audiences hadn't seen this episode yet.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

Anna Karina

Quote from: jer on June 13, 2014, 08:45:34 AM
Quote from: Anna Karina on June 13, 2014, 02:01:45 AM

You're watching illegal streams, aren't you?

The episodes aired out of order in Canada (oddly enough, a lot of streaming sites get their content from Canadian folks). IFC ran it in the right order, so American legal-viewing audiences hadn't seen this episode yet.
I watched the first few episodes from torrents after they aired but I have Uverse now. Last night they showed the Caroline Rae episode where Maron's girlfriend breaks up with him at the beginning, and that's been referenced in other episodes this season too, so I would think it would've aired here before the other episodes that also reference it?

Anna Karina

Quote from: AaronTheCabe on June 13, 2014, 08:19:02 AM
Quote from: rabbit on June 13, 2014, 03:57:52 AM

i've been watching fargo recently - and loving it. the end of every episode absolutely kills me, knowing that it'll be a whole week (!!!)

totally, fargo is probably one of the best tv series of all time in my opinion.
I love Fargo but what in the world. It hasn't even finished its first season.