General Television Thread

Started by Anna Karina, June 10, 2014, 02:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Karina

Anna Karina

The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail is pretty good.

pronetoaccidents

my girlfriend got me into that hbo show girls. it has it's moments.
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

Semi

Quote from: pronetoaccidents on July 24, 2014, 03:48:14 AM
my girlfriend got me into that hbo show girls. it has it's moments.

I loved the first season of girls. Loved. Then in season 2 they got a lot more serious very quickly, and the characters turned more assholeish every episode, and by season 3 i completely despise every one of them. I guess it's still good if you like watching people being assholes to each other, but I can't really relate to it because it's just too much assholeishness.
I play accordian/guitar and sing together with my girlfriend who plays ukulele in our band Lagom, we sing songs about the internal contradictions of capital and watching Rupauls Dragrace.

lindsey

i hated girls

the best new show i've seen is BROAD CITY

i'm re-watching sex and the city from start to finish... holy shit there is some crazy sexist/otherwise problematic bullshit happening and also the 90s were super terrible if you were a grown woman. does not hold up.

Anna Karina

Broad City is tight. Review and Nathan For You are the best current Comedy Central shows though. So glad all three got renewed.

manmagic

How not to live your life, is my absolute favorite at the moment.

Semi

Master of Sex is probably the best show running at the moment, too bad it has the worst title in the history of television.
I play accordian/guitar and sing together with my girlfriend who plays ukulele in our band Lagom, we sing songs about the internal contradictions of capital and watching Rupauls Dragrace.

amanda

I've just been rewatching Degrassi the Next Generation lately.

ramblinrabble

Been watching Friday Night Dinner on UK Netflix.  I've loved it so far.

Anna Karina

#TeamWiggins

But srsly, you guys should watch Rectify.

bee

i have heard good things about broad city but don't really know anything about it.

currently on season 3 of dawson's creek and also hoping to finish off the last couple of episodes of spaced soon.

jer

I thought Broad City would be funny because it's UCB folks and Amy Poehler helped get it made, but it was a huge disappointment.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

BlakeK

Apparently, Vince Vaugn is going to be in season 2 of True Detective. I like the idea even though he hasn't been in a good movie in years.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

Anna Karina

He's in talks for the role but there's nothing concrete yet.

Pat2099

I just watched season 1 of True Detective this weekend too. Season 2 is going to have a hard time living up.... I think it can be done though.

BagginSagginBrian

Quote from: Semi on July 28, 2014, 12:24:39 PM
Master of Sex is probably the best show running at the moment, too bad it has the worst title in the history of television.

Agreed on both counts.

lindsey

Anna Karina

Sorry, Boardwalk Empire is the best show currently on television until the final season ends.

Masters of Sex is up there though (though I need to catch up). Love Lizzy Caplan.

Also, The Knick just started tonight and that may jump ahead quickly. (For anyone with cable, Cinemax has a free preview weekend if you wanna check it out. Soderbergh!)

ramblinrabble

Quote from: lindsey on August 08, 2014, 11:19:04 PM
jer hates stoners everything though because he's a cranky old man, so

Anna Karina

pronetoaccidents

yes Brett, you took the words outta my mouth about the knick. that show rules. 2nd episode wasn't as good as the first (the first was fucking rowdy) but still very good regardless and i'm very excited to see where the show goes
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

Anna Karina

Oh shoot, I forgot it's on Fridays. Time to download.

BagginSagginBrian