+/- Thread

Started by AaronTheCabe, June 10, 2014, 02:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

momitsnowme

Yay!!!!! Lindsey!!! So cool!!!!

lindsey

Thank yooou!!! I seriously feel more passion for tattooing than I have ever felt for anything in my life. It's SO CHEESY but I feel like I've found my calling kind of, or at least the absolute most awesome and fun and exciting way to make art and money and have the chance to travel a lot, etc. Gary is letting me do my first tattoo on him, and it's going to be a matching version of my rocket ship tattoo on my forearm. So romaaaanntic! Ahhhh I can't wait!

skateandannoy

Don't usually post in this thread but...

+Saw/ met Laci Green today and she was really awesome and nice and informative
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

ramblinrabble

+ Job interview tomorrow for a position back home in the city.
- Lots of driving within two days.  Just drove down, not getting to see anyone, two stacked interviews tomorrow at 9:30AM, immediately leaving and driving back to Rochester to work a ten hour shift tomorrow.  A little stressed and nervous.

rory

+ taking testosterone every day has made me more conscious of having a body (go figure) in a positive way. I'm eating well and surprisingly losing weight.
+ I have not really had to talk to anyone about gender stuff and new ways to address me. I'm just putting all this off until it seems more pertinent.
+ My general stasis is happier, and it's way less difficult to become motivated to do things.
+ My house just had it's 100th show, and in spite of all the stress I'm really proud of what we've done!
- One of my housemates moved out and I'm not really sure who is ever going to want this extremely tiny room in our house. Anyone here want to spend a measly 172 dollars a month and live in Kalamazoo?
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

kt

+ i have a job that is a mediocre but ultimately not bad job
+ i have a partner that is rly far away but so fucking good to me
+ i'm in a new band called femmeroids with my best friends and it is so important to me and i feel so lucky
+ portlnd is such a strange place but its growing on me
+ im gonna be an extra on portlandia! and theyre gonna pay me!
- money and gender seem to be a forever struggle 4 me

Phitney

+/- I got laid off from my shitty job working for a crappy sketchy company a few weeks ago. - because not having an income is tough, unemployment benefits are taking a long time to kick in, the company is dragging its feet on providing me with my last paystubs and a lay off letter so I can prove to social services/unemployment office that I was making money but now am not. + because I'm way less stressed out than I was when I was working for them
+ Started tutoring a high schooler in Algebra I today. Yay little bit of money!
+ I'm going to be the head referee of a roller derby double header this weekend. I'm mostly excited but also nervous.
+ It's cooling down and it's almost FALL!!!!! Yay cooler weather, crisp air, and pretty leaves everywheres
- Pumpkin has crystals in his urine and has been sick and peeing on the carpet. I had to put him on this special food to dissolve the crystals. He isn't super into the food, but my roommate's kitten LOVES it. So I have to keep the kitten away from his food and somehow make him eat it and drink more water. Getting a cat to drink more water is damn near impossible.

bee

+ gonna hang with a cool human tonight and play katamari and watch scary movies
+ going to a zine fest tomorrow to listen to a talk on the occult, and then probably underwear shopping
+ taking a long weekend out next week to go hang in grand rapids, michigan, which i am pretty stoked for
- eternally uncomfortable in certain scenes here
+ but generally things are okay and a vast improvement on my first year in toronto (which honestly was one of the worst)

bee

Quote from: Phitney on September 16, 2015, 06:58:29 PM
- Pumpkin has crystals in his urine and has been sick and peeing on the carpet. I had to put him on this special food to dissolve the crystals. He isn't super into the food, but my roommate's kitten LOVES it. So I have to keep the kitten away from his food and somehow make him eat it and drink more water. Getting a cat to drink more water is damn near impossible.

my cat pickle had this and had to go to the vets to get them taken out. not the cheapest but i was super worried at the time as i'd only had him a short while then. occasionally these days i give him cranberry tablets crushed on his food, which he doesn't seem to mind too much, just to keep things healthy down there. i hope your kitty is better!

rory

+ I went on a two week tour with my band and band of friends and it was incredible
+/- Tour made me realize that I have to re-evaluate my friendships and relationships, and although I think it's good, I'm not really sure what that means entirely yet
+ Almost 3 months on Testosterone! I have the smallest trash stash and I feel really good about myself.
- My family still does not know about me transitioning, but it's kind of coming down to the point where I'll have to say something
- Working 40 hours a week at minimum wage, even though I like my job, is not my favorite thing in the world
+ My kitten is almost 3 months old and she is a perfect adorable little hellion and I love her so much.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

jer

+ Got to hang out with Sami for a few days
- No more Sami.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

skateandannoy

-Sami doesn't post enough
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

pronetoaccidents

+ living with someone in a weird new town and it's kind of an adventure at the moment
- nothing lasts
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

pronetoaccidents

- I had to give away my bunny who I love more than any other human because I'm doing horrible now.. slipping into weird drugs I never cared for and other not good things. I gave her away because I didn't trust myself since I can't even take care of myself
Though lovers be lost love shall not.