Plan-It-X Soda Thread

Started by Semi, July 03, 2014, 05:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RankResistance

Whenever I'm around a place with a WorldMarket, I tend to go in there and see what they are clearing out. Most recently, they had this Mint Julep flavored soda for like 25-cents apiece. Just delicious.

dakotafloyd

World Market soda clearance is great.  I got a bunch of my favorites for 17 cents each last time the store close to me ran one.  WM is pretty cool because they change their soda selection every quarter or so.  It's actually probably time for them to switch it up within the next few weeks.

Also, that mint julep soda is delicious.  It sounded really weird, and the label art kinda stinks, but it's really tasty.  Next time you're in a WM I'd recommend trying some of Swamp Pop's stuff.  The best one is the cucumber ginger ale.  It burns then cools itself.
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

dakotafloyd

Quote from: Phitney on July 09, 2014, 08:39:54 AM

Has anyone tried these? I just had the ginger one today and was really underwhelmed by it. It boasted "More Ginger! Less Sweet!" annnnnd it just tasted like watered down unsweetened ginger ale. I have three more bottles, so maybe it'll get better.

A store near my house just started carrying these.  I tried the Kola and was pretty unimpressed; although I like most all of the ingredients listed, it had an almost sorghum or molasses aftertaste that I couldn't get past.  I guess I'm just not a big fan of agave sweetened sodas.
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

lindsey

dakotafloyd

Yeah, I'm not really into DRY sodas although some of my friends love them.  I've tried lavender, pear, and cucumber.
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

rory

I had the rhubarb one and it was not half bad but not really a top contender.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

amanda

I've had the lavender DRY and really liked it but I also adore anything that smells or tastes like lavender.  I used one in a whiskey lemonade cocktail once.  A+ would recommend.

lindsey

gonna try it then because i feel the same way about lavender!

moreaboutwhozackis

Most DRY flavors are mad nasty, I think I liked MAYBE one?

IMAWRAETHTHU

Quote from: lindsey on August 22, 2014, 11:57:28 AM

anyone tried this??

THIS LOOKS DELISH!!!

I<3 Lavander!!!

but see...

I'M bout that KOMBUCHA myself...

that GT's Synergy, REVIVE, dat homebrew, DR. BREW, Bucha, Healing Springs, hella varietals...there's even some mild soda like (well i think it's all soda like, just hella good for you) Clearly Kombucha that is cut wit juice and Kombucha Kola which was made to be as close to soda as possible.
WHOEVER YOU ARE, WHATEVER YOU DO, WHERE EVER YOU ARE, YOU DON'T DESERVE ABUSE!!!

SUR-VI-VOR!!!

IMAWRAETHTHU

I really love beautifully effervescent crisp dry, nicely carbonated ciders too, but that's a  bit of a different thing...

WEST COUNTY CIDER PUNKS!!!

wants to book pix bands or something...
WHOEVER YOU ARE, WHATEVER YOU DO, WHERE EVER YOU ARE, YOU DON'T DESERVE ABUSE!!!

SUR-VI-VOR!!!

dakotafloyd

Would recommend Live Soda Kombucha, specifically the Revive Root Beer flavor.
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

dakotafloyd

Picked up this little guy today.  Currently hangin' out in my fridge.  Hope it's good!

21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

IMAWRAETHTHU

SUR-VI-VOR!!!

Phitney

Dakota, that Pumpkin Spice Tonic looks so good! Where did you pick that up at?

I bought a six-pack of Zevia Black Cherry flavored that I'm finally almost done with. I think I should just stick to getting one bottle/can of a soda I want to try. I don't like drinking a whole lot of soda, so I'm not so into drinking the same one more than once in a short amount of time.

dakotafloyd

It came from World Market. That being said, it's from Orca Bev so most soda shops should have it. Didn't really taste like pumpkin, though. It was more of a chai cream soda. Not bad, but not as good as I was hoping.

Maine Root makes a good Pumpkin Pie soda that should be pretty easy to find. Jack's Pumpkin Patch is the way to go, though.
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

AaronTheCabe

Quote from: dakotafloyd on September 16, 2014, 07:03:35 AM
chai cream soda.

i'm drooling that sounds so delicious. also, i have got to try these pumpkin sodas. if i may quote the tv show Growing Pains halloween episode "the best part about Halloween is the pumpkins, and thanksgiving...PUMPKIN PIE" the only ever line from that show that i remember. it was the late 80s ya know. it sounded funnier when the actor said it
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

Phitney

Quote from: AaronTheCabe on September 16, 2014, 03:48:50 PM
Quote from: dakotafloyd on September 16, 2014, 07:03:35 AM
chai cream soda.

i'm drooling that sounds so delicious. also, i have got to try these pumpkin sodas. if i may quote the tv show Growing Pains halloween episode "the best part about Halloween is the pumpkins, and thanksgiving...PUMPKIN PIE" the only ever line from that show that i remember. it was the late 80s ya know. it sounded funnier when the actor said it

Seriously, as much as I love pumpkin flavored stuff, a chai cream soda sounds even better.

IMAWRAETHTHU

like, lets all agree to disagree
soda is hard for me
but i remember Anthony Poynter
if not personally
than in memory
of the note he sent me
when i ordered the wild/pedals lp
telling me to go see the wild at asian man 15

mmmmmmmm, feelin all warm and fuzzy!!!

so there you go!!!

SUR-VI-VOR!!!

dakotafloyd

Would recommend Natural Brew Chai Cola and Taylor's Tonics Chai Cola over this pumpkin spice soda.
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

dakotafloyd

21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

Semi

The new Coca Cola (Coca Cola Life?) was pretty okay. If I understand it correctly it's made with a mix of sweetener and sugar. The question is _why_.

I play accordian/guitar and sing together with my girlfriend who plays ukulele in our band Lagom, we sing songs about the internal contradictions of capital and watching Rupauls Dragrace.

dakotafloyd

I'm picking one of those up tomorrow; in the US they're only available in select stores around the South until late next month.

The reason they've made this drink is to try to break into the alternative sweetener market (although it does seem weird to mix multiple types of sweeteners). Huge company, I'm surprised it took them this long.
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

dakotafloyd

If anyone is interested, I got bored last night and made a soda blog.  http://sodacolas.tumblr.com/
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

Phitney

Just had one of these and it was pretty good:

I'm not a huge fan of cola, and I realize this every time I try it. It always just tastes flat.