PIXfest

Started by rory, July 25, 2016, 07:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rory

I know that only like 7 people post here now and we're all grown ass adults, so chances are most of you didn't go to PIX, but I had a really excellent time this year. The goal of showcasing newer bands or projects that aren't as well known went over very well and were generally my favorite acts I saw.

I also saw Boink! who I met at either the 2011 or 2012 pixfest too when I was way too shy to talk to people. She seems to be doing well.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

skateandannoy

That's awesome!! I really wish I could have gone this year. Or any year haha. Do you mean Pwoink? Almost all of her posts made me laugh out loud she was so funny. Glad she's doing well.
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

rory

Lol that's who I meant! She hasn't posted in so long so I forgot. Yeah her and her partner seem to be doing well, they're living in Ohio now. They made zucchini bread that I heard good things about.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

skateandannoy

Quote from: rory on July 27, 2016, 12:39:20 PM
Lol that's who I meant! She hasn't posted in so long so I forgot. Yeah her and her partner seem to be doing well, they're living in Ohio now. They made zucchini bread that I heard good things about.
That's awesome!!
I miss so many boardies. I guess facebook probably fills that gap for most, but I don't have one of those.... everyone come back to the board!

kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

momitsnowme

I'm glad it was fun! And yay, pwoink!

BlakeK

I wish I would have gone. My friend Daniel went and tried to get me to meet him in Spencer. I have had way too much stuff going on to go. Being old sucks sometimes.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

hatmoose

Quote from: skateandannoy on July 27, 2016, 07:40:36 PM
That's awesome!!
I miss so many boardies. I guess facebook probably fills that gap for most, but I don't have one of those.... everyone come back to the board!

make one full of fake information just to add us all
ask me about my high score

skateandannoy

Quote from: hatmoose on July 28, 2016, 09:21:54 PM
Quote from: skateandannoy on July 27, 2016, 07:40:36 PM
That's awesome!!

make one full of fake information just to add us all
Shit.... that's a pretty damn good idea.

manmagic

Just got done watching the Ramshackle Glory set online and I couldn't stop crying. Really needed that this morning.

Eugene

that zuchinni bread was delicious. rory, your band was so good! i've been wanting to see y'all play. it was a good weekend and a lotta work. i dont know if i saw anyone else from the board? I also dont have facebook, and it makes seeing so many people at the same time kinda overwhelming, but cool too. lots of great sets. so many people getting heat sick