Alex Jones

Started by BlakeK, June 26, 2016, 07:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeK

I know that as soon as anyone sees the subject line they will roll their eyes and rightfully so. I used to occasionally watch his YouTube videos about 10 years ago and thought there could be some truth in some of his theories. I, like most people who watch his videos for very long, quit watching after realizing that he is nuts. I stumbled across some of his videos at some point about 6 months ago and boy if I thought he was nuts in 2006/2007 he is REALLY off the deep end now. It's like watching a parody of a conspiracy theorist. He's selling these weird male vitality supplements, prepper supplies, and other snake oils. I also noticed that he now goes on and on about being a Christian. This really took me by surprise due to the fact that he never talked about his religion in the past. I don't know how he isn't called out for thinking/saying that nearly every major shooting in the US is a hoax, 9/11 was a false flag operation, FEMA is building concentration camps, etc. while at the same time professing beliefs for religion which seems to me like it would be an obvious, easy target for skepticism.

My question to people on this board who are familiar with his videos is, do you think Alex Jones sincerely believes what he is saying or is he purely an entertainer who knows that what he is saying is bullshit? To add a fittingly conspiratorial aspect to that question, do you think he's a plant to make anyone who believes in conspiracies of some sort look stupid? I know that's far fetched but it's all in fun.

I've also noticed that shootings that take place in the US and are perpetrated by white people are all hoaxes staged so that the government can take our guns. If it happens overseas and it is a Muslim, the shootings are real. Muslims attacking inside the US is a toss up because while he would really like to take the opportunity to bash Muslims, he has to remind folks that it's just the government trying to take away the 2nd amendment.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

jer

Some of the shit floated in /r/conspiracy makes AJ look almost rational.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

BlakeK

I was looking into the flat earth theory a few months ago after B.o.B tweeted about it. I got sucked into YouTube for a while over that one. I really made me want to visit Antarctica. It's crazy how flat earthers constantly alter their theory to fit facts rather than considering that they may be wrong. Of course Alex Jones says that flat earthers are part of a psy-op to discredit the "truth movement" that he is a part of.

rory

A person who plays music in town here posted a link to a veteranstoday article about the Orlando shooting being a false flag. I don't generally entertain conspiracy theory things, it's not worth the energy to combat or pay attention to or anything. But the chief editor of that website is my friend's outlandishly batty father, who lives in the middle of Ohio with hundreds of guns and like 11 cats (as well as several families of raccoons). He totes a pretty extensive list of criteria, all false aside from actually being a veteran. The people on that site definitely believe they are right and that they are as important as they think they are - or at the very least this delusional guy does.

Alex Jones, however, total coin toss as far as being opportunistic or genuine.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

ramblinrabble

pronetoaccidents

i had nothing to read but behold a pale horse for a few weeks and thats as good as fact in comparison.. even the part about aliens killing kennedy
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

skateandannoy

Quote from: ramblinrabble on June 27, 2016, 05:12:40 AM
Let's ask rmills
Was gonna post the same thing. Miss that guy.

At this point, I think AJ is pretty much just like Fox News pandering to a (relatively speaking) small demographic of the population whose horrible thoughts and opinions aren't voiced anywhere by other media. He can say whatever he wants and people believe and pay him.

I was depressed when saw this was a thing:

One of the coolest, most original, and well respected skateboard companies of all time doing a collaboration with infowars. It's like if Rudimentary Peni did an infowars collab.
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

BlakeK

If it were 2007 when this skateboard came out, I wouldn't have minded as much.

Meanwhile in 2016, Alex Jones is making sure he sticks to Donald Trumps talking points. Alex Jones' audience used to be far left and is now far right. I feel like he's always going to have an audience as long as he hates whoever is in the White House and his audience will change accordingly. He's going to be fucked if Trump wins and suddenly he is supporting the U.S. government. If Trump wins, watching Alex Jones suddenly change his tune on nearly everything and losing his audience will be the only silver lining. I am really scared Trump is going to win but that's a separate topic.

Graphix

What you guys really need to ask, is why is no one talking about David Icke here?

BlakeK

Quote from: Graphix on July 15, 2016, 01:18:21 PM
What you guys really need to ask, is why is no one talking about David Icke here?
We are all part reptilian on here so it's kind of rude to bring him up on the board. You didn't know though so we will let you live.

Graphix

Quote from: BlakeK on July 15, 2016, 05:44:35 PM
Quote from: Graphix on July 15, 2016, 01:18:21 PM
We are all part reptilian on here so it's kind of rude to bring him up on the board. You didn't know though so we will let you live.

So I google imaged' "poser exposed" to try and find a funny gif to reply with.
But I did not get the expected results, at all.
Another conspiracy.

Plus everyone knows the reptillians are only in the upper earth cast and primarily they interact with us from the fourth dimension latching onto us and influencing our lives like a semi-interactive holographic video game.
Poser Exposed.

Graphix

Don't forget Alex Jones is just Bill Hicks.
Him and Kaufman are going to come out in 2020 and blow our feeble minds.

BlakeK

So I checked out his site today after hearing he was involved in a scuffle with protestors and I don't think you could tell the difference between his actual site and a site parodying him. I know it would take a lot of time and energy for what would essentially be a giggle but I would like to see a parody site created for the sole purpose of seeing if people could tell which is real.

BlakeK

EDIT: Decided no good would come of the comment so it's gone

Uncle

I would be absolutely shocked if he believed much of what he says. Im pretty sure hes just in it for money or attention. I imagine his shift toward the right is simply because so many people on the left called him out/finally saw through him. And he found the right to be a bit more susceptible to his shit.