Movies Watched Today

Started by Anna Karina, June 10, 2014, 02:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Karina

I've grown to really like Michael Pitt. Fun movie.

skateandannoy

My mom really wanted to watch this:

As expected, it wasn't very good.
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

BagginSagginBrian

Being there, mother dearest.

FolkTheGovernment

None today, yet given the fact it's 5:39 am and I still have tons of time to watch a movie, but I did watch all episodes of Parks and Recreations and am currently waiting for season 7. I did watch the newest spiderman like two days ago, that's the most recent movie.
i love sharks and Godzilla

Lsgb

Watched spawn and the old planet of the apes

pronetoaccidents

Cinderella man last night and a few nights before that I saw the Normal Heart, based on the play by Larry Kramer. It was an HBO movie so if anyone gets HBO on demand you can find it. It was so brutally sad and stuck with me since I've seen it. It was about a circle of friends, gay men in Manhattan and starts in 1981. It's about the very first group of men who died of AIDS. It was really hard to watch, really heartbreaking. They were watching each other get lesions all over their body and then just drop dead one day. The only official mention of it in the press was that some people died of a form of "gay cancer". The guys were trying to get someone to do something. No one would even acknowledge that their was an epidemic. It wasn't until 85 that Reagan first said the word "AIDS", let alone start some forms of treatment. It took a year of letters to the mayor and when he finally responded his only question was if there were any straight individuals who got it.. All requests for money to look into the epidemic was denied. The guys who were dying felt it was a conspiracy by the goverment to murder gays. They mentioned some shady testing in the late 70s done on a small group of gay men that dealt with the immune system. shady , scary, fucked up things.
They were giving the people chemo at the time which was just killing them faster. but watch it if you think you can. It will break your heart. 

I'd really like to see Jersey Boys too. Looks great.
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

AaronTheCabe

Quote from: Lsgb on June 20, 2014, 10:55:48 PM
Watched spawn and the old planet of the apes

i totally watched Spawn on hbo that same day too! god what a crap movie, but i still love john leguizamo as the clown...

i'm watching doomsday book on netflix right now but have to go to work. great so far!

I watched her the other night and it was amazing
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

jer

Now that people have figured out how to make comic book movies, I'd love to see a Spawn do-over. It could rule.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

Anna Karina

Counterargument: they haven't figured out how to make comic book movies.

pronetoaccidents

Quote from: jer on June 21, 2014, 11:02:18 AM
Now that people have figured out how to make comic book movies, I'd love to see a Spawn do-over. It could rule.

god damn man i been saying that for years. it makes no sense. they've done x-men 69, endless batmans with as many directors and changes as james bond movies, all types of frank miller ones once they saw the profit in it (300, sin city), and i just don't understand why they don't do a legitimate spawn?. They've done hellboys,  watchmen +the comics inside the comics of watchmen (that shipwreck guy floating with sharks on shit and eats birds one).. so why not spawn? why the hell not? conspiracy theory and i wanna know what they're hiding, why they won't do spawn justice. it's an abomination.
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

Lsgb

Quote from: pronetoaccidents on June 22, 2014, 10:46:46 AM
Quote from: jer on June 21, 2014, 11:02:18 AM

god damn man i been saying that for years. it makes no sense. they've done x-men 69, endless batmans with as many directors and changes as james bond movies, all types of frank miller ones once they saw the profit in it (300, sin city), and i just don't understand why they don't do a legitimate spawn?. They've done hellboys,  watchmen +the comics inside the comics of watchmen (that shipwreck guy floating with sharks on shit and eats birds one).. so why not spawn? why the hell not? conspiracy theory and i wanna know what they're hiding, why they won't do spawn justice. it's an abomination.

No shit we need to start a spawn revolution. The animated shows were ok the were still lackingthough.

AaronTheCabe

I watched Oldboy (Korean original) today. oh wow
not sure i want to waste time with an American remake
what more can be said

Rapture Ready Blowhard

Quote from: Anna Karina on June 21, 2014, 12:10:39 PM
Counterargument: they haven't figured out how to make comic book movies.

Whoa, dawg, haven't you seen Ghost Rider II: Spirit of Vengeance?!

Anna Karina

Quote from: AaronTheCabe on July 01, 2014, 04:36:45 PM
what more can be said
Do NOT watch the remake. Not even good in a bad way, just bad.

Anna Karina

Movies watched between May 1 - June 30:

They Came Together 4/5
Awakenings 3/5
The Raid 2 4.5/5
Snowpiercer 3.5/5
Magic 3/5
Oldboy (2013) 1.5/5
Cop Land 3.5/5
Harry Dean Stanton: Partly Fiction 3.5/5
Afflicted 3/5
Warrior 3/5
Doubt 3/5
Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory 4/5
Paradise Lost 2: Revelations 4/5
Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills 4/5
Brother's Keeper 4/5
Birth of the Living Dead 3/5
The Driver   4/5
Hit and Run 3/5
Dear Mr. Watterson 2.5/5
Hard Time 3.5/5
The Frozen Ground 2/5
Marc Maron: Thinky Pain 3.5/5
Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy 4.5/5
Oculus 3.5/5
Straight Time 4.5/5
Still Bill 3/5
Blue Chips 2.5/5
Don Jon 2/5
In the Loop 3.5/5
Juice 3/5
Headhunters 4/5
Submarine 3.5/5
The Double 4.5/5
Child of God 1.5/5
Bullhead 3/5
Rust and Bone 4/5
The Sacrament 3.5/5
Jodorowsky

AaronTheCabe

Quote from: Anna Karina on July 02, 2014, 02:36:05 AM
Quote from: AaronTheCabe on July 01, 2014, 04:36:45 PM
what more can be said
Do NOT watch the remake. Not even good in a bad way, just bad.

ya last night i watched five minutes of it before turning it off. Spike Lee seemed to miss the point entirely. Josh Brolin's Oh-Dae Su was so unlikeable and horrible that I would have wanted all the horrible things to happen to him, and that defeats the whole purpose of the film. Its because the Korean Oh-Dae Su (sorry if name is wrong) was such a charismatic, funny, and loveable person that the sympathy as a viewer i felt for him increasingly rose as the film went on. He loved his family. He had a birthday present for his daughter. Not Josh Brolin's womanizing uncaring mess of shit.

I watched Doomsday Book last night too. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Amazing sci-fi anthology on netflix. I'm on a Korean film kick right now, about to check out Sympathy for Mr. Vengence

AaronTheCabe

I am a quarter through Sympathy for Lady Vengence

it is soooo fucking awesome. the writer/director of the vengence trilogy is fucking amazing.
such unique style. and i know its weird that i'm going to watch the first one last, sympathy for mr. vengence
but i read too much of the plot on wikipedia and didn't seem to like it but whatever it is, it will be done with style