Mah New Drunk Post

Started by Phitney, June 13, 2014, 11:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phitney

Hey ya'll!

Since old PIXBoard is gone and lost in the tubes of the internets here is my new drunk post. I haven't drank in like two months or something.

So I'm moving back to North Carolina in two weeks! I love California so fucking much, though, but I gotta make this move to save money. But that means I'll meet Mr. AaronTheCabe! I've been talking to this other dude from the internet, too, and we're trying to plan some sort of date thing when I get back.

So I'm stoked! I'mma apply to grad school in aerospace engineering and live on the damn lake in rural NC and work for my company from home. AND I'm gonna be a WFTDA certified roller derby ref so that's a thing that will happen.

HI! I don't post here as much as I used to but I love you all. How are you all doing!?

momitsnowme

Dude! I will be bummed if I don't get to meet you before you move back. We will be in LA on the 21st for a dinner thing but maybe before?

Anna Karina

I think some friends and I are going to the Museum of Jurassic Technology next Saturday if y'all be interested. Bleep bloop, I'm drinkin' alone and watching movies with car chases.

Pwoink

Quote from: Phitney on June 13, 2014, 11:55:05 PM
So I'm stoked! I'mma apply to grad school in aerospace engineering and live on the damn lake in rural NC and work for my company from home. AND I'm gonna be a WFTDA certified roller derby ref so that's a thing that will happen.

HI! I don't post here as much as I used to but I love you all. How are you all doing!?

That sounds like such a great setup! NC is beauutiiful! Working from home is a sweet deal! What do you do?

What got you to move to refereeing instead of playing?

I'm doing poorly, having a stressful time while I'm in Vegas for a few months helping with my mom's air conditioning business before going back home to GA. That's why I want to talk about you, instead!

AaronTheCabe

this post just made my day! i was gonna post somethig with that song by the liars, the other side of mt. heart attack but i had a good hearty laugh and smile at this. we are totes gonna hang and watch the dwarf and be awesome to the flotsam, because if flotsam isn't awesome, what is!? YOU IS.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

Courtney

Whitney, are you moving back to Asheville or somewhere else in NC? Either way, we're hangin' and hikin'!

Phitney

Becca and Brett (and Jer!), we definitely have to hang! I start working from home Monday to troubleshoot whatever is bound to come up while I'm still in town but then I'm taking the week after off so I'll have lots of time then!

Pwoink! I work in the community outreach department of and e-waste recycler/ITAD company in CA. Since most of what I do is via phone and the internet, it'll be easy to transition to working from home, which is nice! There will just be the whole time zone difference thing, but eh. I'm transitioning to derby reffing because while I was injured I starting NSOing (non skating official) and fell in love with the nerdery that following the rules closely inspires. And there's less contact with skate reffing so I'm trying to take steps to reduce my risk of re-injury while still skating/participating in derby. Whereabouts in GA are you headed back to?

Aaron, hellz yeah we are gonna hang and watch Red Dwarf! It's gonna be AWESOME!

Courtney, I'm moving to Denver which is near Charlotte so I'll be about a two hour drive from Asheville. We should definitely hang and hike! Where are you living these days?

Nate Rainey

I had a couple beers and I'm gonna be in a TV show about karate this fall, sooooo WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Signature get.

Courtney

Yay! I was already planning on a trip to Gastonia to visit family, so BOOM! interstate BFFs.

Seta

everyone considering hanging out w/ Whitney should do it. they = best.
missing the old board since 2014

skateandannoy

That sounds awesome Whitney! Congratulations!

Quote from: Nate Rainey on June 14, 2014, 09:59:44 PM
I had a couple beers and I'm gonna be in a TV show about karate this fall, sooooo WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
What tv show?
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

Pwoink

Quote from: Phitney on June 14, 2014, 09:29:08 PM
Pwoink! I work in the community outreach department of and e-waste recycler/ITAD company in CA. Since most of what I do is via phone and the internet, it'll be easy to transition to working from home, which is nice! There will just be the whole time zone difference thing, but eh. I'm transitioning to derby reffing because while I was injured I starting NSOing (non skating official) and fell in love with the nerdery that following the rules closely inspires. And there's less contact with skate reffing so I'm trying to take steps to reduce my risk of re-injury while still skating/participating in derby. Whereabouts in GA are you headed back to?

That's pretty impressive that your job is okay with you not only moving out of the office, but to a different time zone entirely. I know lots of people work that way, but it seems like being able to go from one to the other without fearing change is unusually flexible for a work environment!

Yanno, I always wonder what secret math magic all those NSO people were doing. There's always so many of them, and they all seem important, and everything is very intense! Are there many people that want to do that, or want to referee derby?

My home base is in Warner Robins, GA, which is a tiny rubbish town an hour and a half south of Atlanta. We're moving in August, though! Who knows where. Maybe Dayton.

Courtney

Whitney you're approximately TWO SECONDS TOO LATE to go see the Mountain Goats with me tonight (Friday).

orange

Where in NC are you going, Phitney? I'll be visiting Hickory, NC in a few weeks for about a week.

Also, can we have a drunk talk thread? Drinking alone and sitting in front of a computer but having to be careful of what you say and where is annoying. I want a place to be drunk and type. Everything that Anna Karina says makes me want to drunk computer talk to him.

I used to drunk talk to Nate Rainey on facebook but he un-friended me. So there's that.
i chose my last signature so anthemforadoomed didn't hold up a TJMaxx.