this donald trump things a joke, right?

Started by pronetoaccidents, August 28, 2015, 12:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pronetoaccidents

I mean, it's gotta be. When are they gonna cut the bullshit and let us know it was all just a witty little rouse and he's just getting publicity for a reality show or to sell more shit and make more billions... it can't be real, can it?
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

momitsnowme

jer

Trump and Clinton are friends. This is fairly documented. Trump is running to make other republican candidates more vocal about how shitty they are about undocumented workers and such in a race to prove to their base that they can be just like trump, thereby guaranteeing the party doesn't get the hispanic vote that they've been claiming for two election cycles is what will get them the white house back.

Trump ultimately doesn't get the republican nod, so instead runs as a independent and splits the vote.

H. Clinton walks right in the White House front door.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

jer

... i don't really believe that. it's a fun theory, but really i just think Trump is human garbage.

skateandannoy

I love that he's attacking Fox. Roger Ailes must be squirming in his seat knowing he helped create this monster and is now getting burned by it. It's nice to see him cause chaos in the party but it's awful to see how much support he has amongst the public. Especially considering I think he doesn't really even want to be president, he just wants people to pay attention to him. Fuck that guy.
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

Joe

yeah... i have a co-worker who loves how "charismatic" Trump is, and how he says what's on his mind and that voters like that he's upsetting the status quo.

Anna Karina

To an extent, it's pretty fucking entertaining.

On the other hand, hearing continual racist and sexist comments followed by immense praise is the most infuriating thing imaginable.

BlakeK

My theory is similar to Jer's but differs in intent. I think that Trump is there to split the Republican vote when he inevitably runs as a third party candidate. He's going to Ralph Nader the Republicans ensuring a win for Hilary Clinton (as Jer said, Bill and Trump are tight). I hope that it's Bernie Sanders instead of Hilary but the theory is the same. If Biden runs, he will be my second choice for President behind Bernie.

I was also wondering why the media hasn't asked Trump about his statements from the 90's when he made statemeants supporting liberal points of view.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

jer

Quote from: BlakeK on August 29, 2015, 06:02:24 AM
My theory is similar to Jer's but differs in intent. I think that Trump is there to split the Republican vote when he inevitably runs as a third party candidate. He's going to Ralph Nader the Republicans ensuring a win for Hilary

This is exactly what I said,  jerkbutt.

Quote from: jer on August 28, 2015, 01:31:30 PM
Trump ultimately doesn't get the republican nod, so instead runs as a independent and splits the vote.

Also, yeah I thought about the same scenario with how this could be Bernie's only real path to the white house, but I still find it doubtful that Clinton doesn't get the nomination.

BlakeK

Quote from: jer on August 31, 2015, 09:35:48 AM
Quote from: BlakeK on August 29, 2015, 06:02:24 AM
My theory is similar to Jer's but differs in intent. I think that Trump is there to split the Republican vote when he inevitably runs as a third party candidate. He's going to Ralph Nader the Republicans ensuring a win for Hilary

This is exactly what I said,  jerkbutt.

Quote from: jer on August 28, 2015, 01:31:30 PM

Also, yeah I thought about the same scenario with how this could be Bernie's only real path to the white house, but I still find it doubtful that Clinton doesn't get the nomination.
I ain't no fuckin scientist! I ain't readin no two whole sentences after I done read three! Take it to your goddamn champagne room cause I ain't reading more 'an three sentences at a time. What you think I am? Some kinda commie?

I'm sorry! I read it fast and thought you were just saying that Trump would cause Hispanics to vote Democrat and that alienating Hispanics was the main meat and potatoes of the conspiracy. I was saying that the main goal was to simply split Republicans by his mere presence. The goal of the racist immigration policy is simply a way to appeal to the lowest common denominator rather than to actually alienate Hispanics. After all, Trump claims to love Hispanics more than any other candidate.

skateandannoy

Quote from: jer on August 31, 2015, 09:35:48 AM
I feel like Bernie has a fair chance of winning people over and getting a little more on the grid once we start hitting debate season. I saw a big group of retirement age people with Bernie 2016 signs a few days ago.

kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

jer

I hope you're right, but I doubt it.

Of course Donald Trump is a frontrunner now, so what the fuck do I know? The world has gone crazy.

BlakeK

A lot can happen over the next year. I definitely think Bernie can win. He's doing really well now for someone with next to no media exposure. Once the networks take him seriously, I think he has a shot.

As far as Trump goes, I think the novelty will wear off when people stop laughing at his jokes and start taking him seriously. The joke about John McCain was funny. It was funny when Al Franken and Chris Rock said it, too. Oh, and who doesn't hate Megan Kelly? What he said wasn't funny to me but I think most people enjoy seeing her mocked.

(Yeah, I know I just copied skateandannoy's statement like I did Jer's in the first part of my post)

Anna Karina

The only way I see Bernie having a chance is if anything happens to Hilary that causes her to drop out (ie. private emails). Bernie is too far left for the general election, though I'd love to be proven wrong.

He's doing well but that's fairly skewed due to him campaigning in the more progressive areas at the moment.  Whether he can sway the states that matter is another story.

skateandannoy

I'm hoping young people really move it this election like they did with Obama. I'm actually probably going to vote this election (assuming Bernie gets the nomination). I feel like Clinton with the emails and the Benghazi thing no longer seems trustworthy to the average citizen. Obviously the Right plays that shit up way too much but her approval rating has dropped a lot recently.

While we're discussing current affairs here, (maybe this should be it's own thread... that'll be Jer's decision with his godlike admin privileges I guess) but does anyone have any idea what should be done about ISIS? I'm pretty torn between don't get involved because I'm anti-war, and feeling terrible about all the innocent people suffering and dying because of our incompetent and vile government/ economy. I just feel awful no matter what.

BlakeK

Quote from: skateandannoy on September 02, 2015, 05:02:51 PM
I'm hoping young people really move it this election like they did with Obama. I'm actually probably going to vote this election (assuming Bernie gets the nomination). I feel like Clinton with the emails and the Benghazi thing no longer seems trustworthy to the average citizen. Obviously the Right plays that shit up way too much but her approval rating has dropped a lot recently.

While we're discussing current affairs here, (maybe this should be it's own thread... that'll be Jer's decision with his godlike admin privileges I guess) but does anyone have any idea what should be done about ISIS? I'm pretty torn between don't get involved because I'm anti-war, and feeling terrible about all the innocent people suffering and dying because of our incompetent and vile government/ economy. I just feel awful no matter what.
I've been watching too many Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris, and Richard Dawkins interviews/debates to talk about this without pissing people off. I'm interested in what Ayaan Hirsi Ali has to say, as well but her views on some things scare me. I'm very torn on what to do about ISIS and my views flip from one day from the next