I can draw you some shit.

Started by Nate Rainey, July 06, 2014, 08:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nate Rainey

Since things are a little tight right now, and I'm in desperate need of more excuses to draw shit, I'm again taking commissions.

I'll do your tattoo design, band logo, album art, or just a drawing you might want for some reason.

I'm negotiating prices on an individual basis. I'll also set up a samples page soon on killnaterainey.com, as soon as I figure out how to, so you can see what I can and can't do. Some of y'all already have a pretty good idea, I think

Send my ass a private message if you wanna work something out.
Signature get.

jer

When HockeyPunx.com was still around, Nate did the logo for that and it was awesome and I would definitely recommend him. He got me a logo quickly and just as quickly incorporated some changes i suggested.

A++++++ WOULD LOGO FROM AGAIN.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

Nate Rainey

Jer is referencing one of the few times I ever listened to a client and did my work promptly. I'm hoping to return to this rare form.
Signature get.

lindsey

i'm comissioning nate to draw my boyfriend as a comic book hero just so you guys know how awesome nate is and what a great girlfriend i am

Nate Rainey

And that makes two active commissions right now! This week is going to eat me up with stress, but I should be okay with making real progress on this. Any other requests will be cool, but it'll take a little while for me to get to them.
Signature get.

lindsey

just so you know i'm not gonna need this bad boy until xmas time so take yer time on that guy

Nate Rainey

DAAAAAAAAAAMN! That's advance notice and a half! But still, I'm gonna get on it, because I currently am stupid at discipline and that should stop.
Signature get.

Phitney

When I have monies I might get you to design a tattoo for me with an octopus on it. Either that or a set of tattoos with cartoony portraits of dead people.

Nate Rainey

Both of these sound like lots of fun. I'll make a note to be ready for something like that!
Signature get.

Rapture Ready Blowhard

I can vouch for Nate's talent at drawing even the most ridiculous things.  Dude is solid.

Semi

I might want something for a future cassette tape! Writing this so I can easily return if need be.
I play accordian/guitar and sing together with my girlfriend who plays ukulele in our band Lagom, we sing songs about the internal contradictions of capital and watching Rupauls Dragrace.

pronetoaccidents

i really want you yo do a tat for me... what's the best way to talk biz bout this.. on the ol' facebook thingy or pm here or should we just meet by the flagpole after class at 4?
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

kw

nate did a bunch of art for the old band i was in, it was all amazing. highly recommend you stress him out by flooding him with cash to draw shit for you.

Nate Rainey

SO here's an update on my current thinking with this:

THIS IS VERY EXCITING! I haven't actually felt very hopeful lately, so thanks to y'all (and two non-boardies) for giving me a really good start. I know this momentum won't exactly remain steady, but I'm feeling really good, and I refuse to let y'all down.
I'm finally ready to take this seriously as a career thing.
I've got a couple of my own projects and I just took on an artist role in an upcoming webcomic, and I'll be working them into a schedule with the stuff people pay me for. The only time commission work won't be taking priority is when I either don't have commissions, or if I get behind on the webcomic and I gotta crunch into a deadline.
I am going to slowly work myself off of deliveries, but that's only four nights a week anyway, and some nights are only 3 or 4 hours anyway, so who cares about those?

So far everything I've heard suggested sounds fucking awesome. I'll be available to talk about them soon.....or really we can talk whenever you're ready, just know you'll be on hold for up to a week before I can start.
Signature get.

dakotafloyd

Nate did some art for an old, old demo I made when I was a teenager.  Looked great! 
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

AaronTheCabe

hey bud, how would you feel about designing a book cover for my steampunk-ish alternate history sci-fi weird novel thingy
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

Nate Rainey

Signature get.

pronetoaccidents

i still think it would be awesome to do a webcomic about someone unfreezing walt disney but he's still a raging nazi and gets into all types of sheninigans by seig heiling all over the place but he stilll wears mickey mouse ears and it's drawn 1930's style with everyone smiling with giant eyes and shit. yeah that would be cool..

and even though i'm no artist by any stretch (well, like a real artist, like nate) i'm making a one page comic strip everyday about a day of my life. i'm about a week deep.

Nate Rainey

"Real artist" is really generous, hoss. I prefer to think of myself as a "person who is doing his best to avoid a real job."
Signature get.

Nate Rainey

That do think that could be a really cool webcomic....I'm pretty sure there are people who are already adapted to drawing that style we could track down, so I can keep working on my own style, which I still don't feel I've totally gotten a lock on.

I will, however, help in any way I can.
Signature get.

pronetoaccidents

well van gogh never sold a single painting until he died and you've sold things so you're a better and more successful artist than van gogh was. so give yourself the credit you deserve.

Nate Rainey

Signature get.

-S-

The value of an artist doesn't depend of the number of things he sold.
Van Gogh was a (kind of) genius, he was a great art-loser, he makes me think about a lot of punk bands lot of people love now because it's hype, but at their times, were constantly bashed.

pronetoaccidents

Quote from: Nate Rainey on July 12, 2014, 09:09:49 AM
Pfffff Van Gogh was a hack.

yeah.. gimme 30 bottles of absinthe and i'll paint you some wacky looking flowers and skies too

but to the other person who took that kinda literal i'm sorta obsessed with him. i've read everything i could get my hands on plus the collected letters between himself and his only supporter, his brother theodore. whom he wrote to right before he died and when he also painted his last painting, which i suppose was a suicide note of sorts, in the field, where he subsequently killed himself immediately afterwards.

pronetoaccidents

but i'm all the dick who derailed this thread.. it's about nate... GIVE HIM MONEY AND WORK. he's cool and going through things and can use a helping hand. be punks. be a community. don't just say it.