Introduce Yourself Thread

Started by rory, June 25, 2014, 08:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Karina

bosslevel

name: Matthew

Username meaning: just happened to be the song I was listening to.  so sorry, no meaning.

What I do: currently I sell my soul to the financial industry.  I'm also attempting to start a Zine, this is going quite well as I'm the sole contributer for now and I'm trying to start a punk band and make friends in a new city. this is not going so well.

Favourite Music: I like music that makes me sad and music that makes me happy.

Likes: music, playing guitar, like minded people, history (specifically 1936-present, coffee.

Pet peevs: inconsiderate people.

social media: facebook.com/matthew.wha

brobama

Name: Dillon

Username Meaning: it was my old username before the collapse

Gender/Pronouns: dude

What You Do: cook

Favorite Music: fugazi, charles mingus, waylon jennings, aphex twin, Melvins, Stevie wonder.......

Likes: fermentation, pickles, cheese, bikes, weed, cats, archery.

Pet Peeves:people who say reeses "peesees"

Social Media: @caul_taupes on the instagrams

Photo:

IMAWRAETHTHU

Quote from: Esmiller59 on June 26, 2014, 10:36:05 PM
QuoteGender/Pronouns: He/Him although I dont care what I am called, doesnt bother me too much.
What's up, Overcooked Pizza Rolls?

For serious though - "I don't care" is the biggest example of cis privilege. Do you self-identify as male? Then you use male pronouns, none of this "well, whatever works" bullshit. Same goes for folks that self-identify as female. Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other folks don't care.

I identify as non binary/genderqueer and i don't really care about pronouns, just none of that zee or zir shit please. He, Her, They...it just doesn't really matter to me personally.

It is a inherently personal thing. And yeah, respect others wishes!
WHOEVER YOU ARE, WHATEVER YOU DO, WHERE EVER YOU ARE, YOU DON'T DESERVE ABUSE!!!

SUR-VI-VOR!!!

gr!

Name:
gr! (chris is my rl name)
Username Meaning:
my username used to be gather round! and then the forum shat itself...
Gender/Pronouns:
male
What You Do:
be a big gay baby all the time
Favorite Music:
punk (well duh!), electronic (acid house, idm, ambient, et cetera), psych rock, lo fi, noise, and lots of other stuf
music, movies, TV, art, sleeping ... and fappin'.
Pet Peeves:
people who chew obnoxiously loud

IMAWRAETHTHU

https://www.facebook.com/joshua.rose.9634

I'M ON THE LEVEL, YEAH!

THE NEXT LEVEL, YEAH!!

THIRD KIND, NEVERMIND,

YOU DON'T GET IT, YEAH!!!

...or do you?
WHOEVER YOU ARE, WHATEVER YOU DO, WHERE EVER YOU ARE, YOU DON'T DESERVE ABUSE!!!

SUR-VI-VOR!!!

IMAWRAETHTHU

tumblr can be kinda explicit and it is like a super distillation of my personality...

...so if you already can't handle me...

http://realityisnotanabsolute.tumblr.com/

tumblr game STRONG! I GET MY PROMOTE ON!!!

SUR-VI-VOR!!!

Aegir

^that tumblr is (unsurprisingly) extremely NSFW, just to warn y'all

garrettwalters

Name: Garrett Ann Walters

Username Meaning: My name! I felt pretty goofy for using my full name, but Dakota did it too.

Pronouns: she/her

What You Do: I take a lot of pictures and try to hang out a lot. I go to punk shows and tour and write, I guess?? Wash dishes for $$.

Favorite Music: Wow! A lot of stuff. RIGHT NOW, I'm really listening to the new Radiator Hospital album "Torch Song", The Distillers, Captain Chaos, QUARTERBACKS album "QUARTERBOY", the new Eric Ayotte album "Transparency", Amy Bruce Spaceshow, Madeline Ava, and that one Swearin' song "Just". That's what I've been listening to the last couple weeks, I guess!

Likes: Cameras, peanuts in ice cream, big impossible projects, small possible projects. 

Pet Peeves: Broken bikes and broken cars.

Social Media: garrett-walters.tumblr.com :: facebook.com/mynameisgarrett :: garrettsucks.bandcamp.com

Photo:
Me at Kroger.

Eugene

stevedem

Name: Steve

Username Meaning: it's my name with some of my last name

Gender/Pronouns: male

What You Do: nothing

Favorite Music: i heard a guy play a Bach violin solo on mandolin and that was pretty great

Pet Peeves: not having my car

Peeknuckle

Name: brooke

Username Meaning: I used to post here years ago and I don't remember my thinking behind it. (Hi again!)

Gender/Pronouns: lady/she is fine

What You Do: cook. Work in a wine bar. Hoard bikes and records  and vhs. Drink all of the beer.

Favorite Music: a lot of everything but I like parquet courts, big boys, the plugz a lot. On the other side of the spectrum been rediscovering my love of Judas Priest, nwobhm, and lotsa,heavy/evil shit. Also, avail!

Pet Peeves: working customer service, people who talk too much but have nothing interesting to say, I dunno

Social Media: tumblr- endless--bummer

Photo:  >:(

Izzy

Name: Whitson

Username Meaning: It's a nickname I've had for as long as I can remember

Gender/Pronouns:

What You Do: I am studying for an associates in Film and Video Production from a technical side. Concurrently I am trying to meet new people, form a new band and acquire equipment for recording. I just moved to Oklahoma from Tucson, AZ so now I'm down from 3 shows a week at a house, the boxing gym or Gary's place to no shows a week. It's very psychologically disorienting.

Favorite Music: Folk, Bluegrass, psychedelic... My favorite is always dependent on my mood.

Likes: Cooking, writing, performing, playing guitar or banjo or drums, animals, camping, reading filmy stuff, watching movies

Pet Peeves: Rigidity, Being blinded by prejudice or misconceived notions. When I try to explain that solar cells in current market form produce more pollution in their creation than they can counterbalance with natural energy during the cells lifetime and that students at MIT have created a cell that costs less in pollution to make and can produce enough green energy to make up for multiple of the old cells production.  I am stopped however before I can explain the existence of the new cells and how the current solar companies are banning them to protect their infrastructure by persons who think I am condemning solar power. Then tell me I am a supporter of big oil companies.

Social Media:
facebook - https://www.facebook.com/izzy.crynes
tumblr - http://lord-i-do-declare.tumblr.com/
Photo:
Left bottom

Mountain

Name: Mountain Matt

Username Meaning: it's the name I use while traveling and playing gigs.

Age: old enough to know better and too young to care. ;D

Gender/Pronouns: male/male pronouns. Overcooked pizza rolls would also be acceptable.

What You Do: I live in a van down by the creek

Favorite Music: I like just about all music(except for EDM and dubstep(I just don't get it)).

Pet Peeves: "anyways"

Social Media: http://www.facebook.com/mountain.matt.3

Photo:

Anna Karina

Sometimes I really miss southern IL.

Drewcifer

Finally decided to remake my profile after the pix message board reboot.

Name: Drew
Username Meaning: I don't know, sounds like Lucifer I guess.
DOB: December 29, 1988 (Currently 25)
Gender/Pronouns: Male/He, Him, His
What You Do: Graphic Design/Marketing
Favorite Music: 90's hardcore/screamo, Post-Rock, Some Indie Stuff.. Some folk, I used to be really into Folk Punk, but not so much anymore.. I get nostalgic sometimes and will listen to it. Same with punk..
Likes: Lime Dog, Hockey, Design, Bikes, Bike Polo, Music...
Pet Peeves: People who ask me stupid questions when I have headphones in at work.
Social Media: FB: facebook.com/drecifer, IG: subdrewgans, SC: subdrewgans

hi.

jer

welcome back Drew,

What's with that Fleury contract, man?

i guess let's save it for a Hockey thread.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

ramblinrabble

Screw that.  This is now a hockey thread.   Fleury's contract, which definitely isnt a bad one, considering Crawford is getting 6 mil, because it has to be him.   They don't have any exceptional goaltending prospects in their pipeline, the trading/free agent market is thin, and outside of his playoff collapses, has proven to be a solid goalie, provided he doesn't try to play the puck on his own.   Pretty good signing, given their situation.

Drewcifer

He may be a better goalie under the new coaching staffs system.. and I have faith that he might be, but based on his playoff performances he did not deserve a raise, and I would've liked them to at least see how he performed this season in the playoffs before committing to him for 4 more years..

he already this season tied his career best of 4 shutouts.. so.. there is some improvements under Johnston's system.

Shero/Bylsma really did a number on this team.

jer

Quote from: ramblinrabble on November 25, 2014, 03:23:57 AM
Fleury's contract, which definitely isnt a bad one

I knew after this point your argument was all downhill.

ramblinrabble

One of the biggest factors in contract negotiations these days is contracts of comparable players.  You look at recent goalie signings; , Varlamov: 5 years, 5.9 per, Bishop: 2 years at 5.95 per, Lehtonen: 5 years at 5.9 per, Crawford: 6 years at 6 per.  He's had similar statistical numbers to them with, give or take, plus averages more games per season than any of them.  Then on top of that you factor in that Pittsburgh doesn't have any other solid options.  Nobody's really looking to trade a goalie, there aren't any solid free agents now or coming up in the offseason.  Then you factor in that in his previous ten seasons in the NHL, one shortened due to the lockout, one due to injury, he's had at least 30 wins four times, 40 wins two times, and has a Stanley Cup ring, and excluding the lockout shortened season and 2002-2008, hes played in at least 60 games since 2006.  If you've got a logical reason why that's a bad contract, have at it.

Drewcifer

Quote from: ramblinrabble on November 25, 2014, 12:03:14 PM
One of the biggest factors in contract negotiations these days is contracts of comparable players.  You look at recent goalie signings; , Varlamov: 5 years, 5.9 per, Bishop: 2 years at 5.95 per, Lehtonen: 5 years at 5.9 per, Crawford: 6 years at 6 per.  He's had similar statistical numbers to them with, give or take, plus averages more games per season than any of them.  Then on top of that you factor in that Pittsburgh doesn't have any other solid options.  Nobody's really looking to trade a goalie, there aren't any solid free agents now or coming up in the offseason.  Then you factor in that in his previous ten seasons in the NHL, one shortened due to the lockout, one due to injury, he's had at least 30 wins four times, 40 wins two times, and has a Stanley Cup ring, and excluding the lockout shortened season and 2002-2008, hes played in at least 60 games since 2006.  If you've got a logical reason why that's a bad contract, have at it.

replied to this discussion in the hockey thread. you're welcome.

jer

good call. i replied there as well. no more general hockey talk in here.

ramblinrabble

Fuck your rules!   Potvin sucks!

CrackyMcCrackerson

Name: Chris

Username Meaning: Variation of old username back in younger years

Gender/Pronouns: Male

What You Do: For a living, I work at television listings company.  For fun I play guitar, listen to music(when my ears permit), watch movies, hang with my lady. I go to shows occasionally but I'm getting a little old for doing that every weekend, geocaching when weather permits

Favorite Music: Bob Dylan, NOFX, Wilco, Elliott Smith, The Mountain Goats, Jeffrey Lewis, Fugazi, Harvey Danger, Ghost Mice etc

Likes: Sunny days and some rainy days, sleeping and all kinds of other stuff.

Pet Peeves: When misspell weird or using the wrong "your" or "you're" or "there" or "their" and ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Social Media: www.facebook.com/christopherdaleowen    For my music- http://chrisdowen.bandcamp.com/

Photo: