Underrated movie appreciation

Started by BlakeK, May 21, 2016, 06:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeK

I love the movie Run, Ronnie, Run. It is currently out of print but I got a copy off of eBay cheap. It makes me sad that it's out of print and has never had a blu-ray release. It is one of my favorite movies and I can't believe more people don't like it.

This song alone is amazing.

https://youtu.be/MnzelBd0lcQ
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

BlakeK

Did this come before or after CB4? I prefer Fear of a Black Hat but most people know more about CB4 even though it's not as good.

pronetoaccidents

i don't know if this counts as an underated movie because it was a big budget/big director/ great reviews, but not many people talk about The Master. I fucking loved that and think Joquian Phoenix was absurdly on point.

Though lovers be lost love shall not.

BlakeK

Quote from: pronetoaccidents on July 15, 2016, 08:42:34 AM
i don't know if this counts as an underated movie because it was a big budget/big director/ great reviews, but not many people talk about The Master. I fucking loved that and think Joquian Phoenix was absurdly on point.

I love The Master! It is very underrated. Great performances all around. I'm a big fan of Joaquin Phoenix, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, and Paul Thomas Anderson.

Have you seen Inherent Vice? You would love it.

pronetoaccidents

yeah i actually did. inherent vice was great
that, there will be blood and the master are my favorites of his.

and as far as other underrated flicks... paperboy, directed by lee daniels. has a strong cast with matthew mcconaghuey, zac efron, nicole kidman, macy gray, john cusack.. no one i spoke to has seen it. highly recommended.

also the movie brick with joseph gordon levitt. its an homage to noir themes/style but deals with high school kids.

and speaking of levitt, looper is a great flick.
Though lovers be lost love shall not.