young rollins being a dick (and kinda funny) tearing into a kid interviewing him

Started by pronetoaccidents, February 04, 2016, 11:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pronetoaccidents

Though lovers be lost love shall not.

rory

I have seen this before and though compelling, it makes me really uncomfortable. Maybe it hits close to home because it's a Michigan kid.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

pronetoaccidents

yeah, it is a bit intimidating. even though he doesn't attack it kinda makes me think of the sigfred and roy tiger and how at any moment, even if he never has, he could jump and bite on their face and chew it off

the kid holds his own. i'd probably have ran away crying ha and ripping up my black flag poster or something

pronetoaccidents

lol at when he starts buttoning the kids shirt and fixing his collar like a dad. fucking rollins..

rory

I remember watching this once and liking when Rollins was essentially saying to not talk shit about your own place, to make it better and actually do something. And, though that sentiment is something I still support, Henry has kind of a lot of nerve telling some young kid in Dearborn to just buck up and improve his situation. It takes momentum, it takes work, it takes first and foremost being pretty upset about how shitty your place is. The kid is at step one. He's not in a famous punk band. He's some kid trying to do an interview. He doesn't get to tour around and tell other people how to be punk, he's in the midwest trying to figure some shit out. Like sure, maybe this is the kick in the ass some folks need to get things up and moving, or, more likely, this is solid discouragement that makes this kid realize there's really no hope in punk and it's a big dud-bro show off competition like everything else.
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

BlakeK

It is kind of entertaining but he is being a complete dick and it is hard to watch. I wonder how Rollins feels now when he watches this video. I imagine it would be like the folks who have been mean to Nardwuar only to feel like fools 10 years later when they see the old footage. I can't remember who the folks were who stole his hat and were being mean only to apologize later.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

rory

I tried to watch this and clicked through to see if I could just find a clip that's okay, and of course stumbled onto the part where someone asks if they can fuck the local girls in the scene, and the kid responds to say to get them knocked up so they can't participate because they're not wanted.

Punk should have been burned and desecrated a long time ago, everyone. Don't know how I'm just realizing this now.

pronetoaccidents

Quote from: BlakeK on February 06, 2016, 07:33:09 AM
It is kind of entertaining but he is being a complete dick and it is hard to watch. I wonder how Rollins feels now when he watches this video. I imagine it would be like the folks who have been mean to Nardwuar only to feel like fools 10 years later when they see the old footage. I can't remember who the folks were who stole his hat and were being mean only to apologize later.

my sentiments too. and nardwuar seems like the nicest fucking dude in the whole world too! getting people such thoughtful presents for the interviews and all that.