tattoo thread~

Started by bee, June 13, 2014, 01:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kw

Quote from: jer on June 15, 2014, 09:39:06 AM
Quote from: Sketchward on June 13, 2014, 06:16:04 PM
gypsy lady

just a heads up, "gypsy" is a racial slur and you probably want to stop using it.

was my first thought and i cringed upon seeing it.

Gator Punch

The holocaust remembrance museum in D.C. uses gypsy a lot, with Roma in parentheses, which I thought was very strange.  Especially since it points out that Roma is the preferred term, but then still used gypsy.

Not to derail the thread, sorry.  I have 2 stick and pokes, one which says "Black Coffee for a Black Heart" and has a coffee mug with a black heart on it, and another that has ssac in the nyhc logo, which is a joke amongst my friends for a club we made up called the super secret awesome club. 

rory

I guess if we're going to talk meaning of tattoos, the reason I have a friend's name across my toes is because he's a long time friend I grew up with, who died in a moped accident about 6 years ago, when he was 18. Jay was one of the best people I've ever ever met, funny and compassionate, just one of those bright bright light kind of people. Someone you knew would go on to do great things. I bought a moped, and he came into town to ride with me. He gave me a helmet, and about two weeks after that he came into town and we rode around again. He got into an accident that night on his way home, no helmet. It's hard to not feel responsible, and though I've learned to cope with it, it still eats away at me sometimes.

I have his hair sewn into my dread as well. I keep him around so I don't forget to be at least half as awesome as he was going to be. It's been 6 years but I still miss him dearly. While I was on tour I ran into someone I'd never met who had dreads, only to find out she went to high school with him, and got dreads after he did. She's going to send me some of his old writing I don't have. Weird world.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

Pwoink

Thanks for telling us, Rory! I've noticed your dread before, but I didn't know the extra significance. That's a touching way to remember someone!

manmagic

Phitney

My tattoo stories aren't very cool or meaningful, but I love my tattoos.

My Godspeed kitties. I love Godspeed You! Black Emperor and have toyed around with getting some of their album artwork tattooed on me (I thought about getting the fists from Lift Yr Skinny Fists... for a while), but settled for the flying cats from Yanqui U.X.O. because it combines my love of cats with my love of Godspeed!

My lady. There's a tattoo artist in Austin, TX named Stacey Martin who I really like. I just found her online when my then-boyfriend was searching for tattoo artists in Austin when we were planning on moving there. She had this original artwork of a woman with a gramophone on her head, that I fell in love with. We ended up not moving to Austin and I took the artwork to a tattoo artist I really liked in Asheville and told him I wanted to keep the same basic idea of the art, but I wanted him to put his own spin on it since he had a much different style. This is what happened and I fell in love with it:

I use these tattoos mostly as bookmarks for where I was at at that time in life. I remember where I was living, how I felt, and the hopes that I had at the time. And that's enough of a meaning for me.

disa

And this is my newest addition:

Milpool

I just got this dude on my forearm a couple hours ago. 

orange

Quote from: jer on June 13, 2014, 10:34:00 PM
Michale Graves is a shitbag

He's actually a super nice guy.

Not that'd i'd get his signature tattooed on me, but to each their own.
i chose my last signature so anthemforadoomed didn't hold up a TJMaxx.

jer

his cheerleading for the Bush administration was pretty laughable.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

orange

Quote from: jer on July 16, 2014, 10:13:48 AM
his cheerleading for the Bush administration was pretty laughable.

true.
i chose my last signature so anthemforadoomed didn't hold up a TJMaxx.

Drewcifer

I did a thing this weekend.

lindsey

i got a tattoo this past weekend too! i got it from one of my fellow students at tattoo school and it was only $20 omfgggg

bee

bumping my own thread because damn i sat for 7 hours straight getting my chest tattooed ok. it's not finished because my tattooist is on another continent so i have to wait until earlyish next year but this is where we're at so far:

rory

Holy shiiiit that looks great.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

manmagic