General Television Thread

Started by Anna Karina, June 10, 2014, 02:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amanda

Quote from: BlakeK on December 09, 2015, 06:34:34 PM
I've not had a chance to watch it but is The Man in the High Castle any good? I saw a commercial for it and thought it looked interesting.

We put it on a couple weeks ago while I was doing some stuff for work and what I saw was pretty good.  I've never read the book and I felt like there were some things I was missing, but Rob is a huge Philips K. Dick fan and he was absolutely engrossed in it.

BlakeK

Quote from: Anna Karina on December 10, 2015, 10:47:25 AM
There's a very, very slight possibility of a movie, but I'm pretty sure the series is over.  Which I'm actually fine with, because the way the finale ended was perfect.
It was but I miss it. You know how it is.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

BlakeK

Quote from: amanda on December 11, 2015, 09:26:24 AM
Quote from: BlakeK on December 09, 2015, 06:34:34 PM
I've not had a chance to watch it but is The Man in the High Castle any good? I saw a commercial for it and thought it looked interesting.

We put it on a couple weeks ago while I was doing some stuff for work and what I saw was pretty good.  I've never read the book and I felt like there were some things I was missing, but Rob is a huge Philips K. Dick fan and he was absolutely engrossed in it.
I might have to check it out. Thanks!

AaronTheCabe

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

manmagic

I'm seeing Noel Fielding in Chicago in March. Making the 5-6 hour drive from Ohio. Can't fucking wait.

AaronTheCabe

Quote from: manmagic on December 14, 2015, 05:13:28 AM
I'm seeing Noel Fielding in Chicago in March. Making the 5-6 hour drive from Ohio. Can't fucking wait.

say wuuuuuuuuuuuut!? I have a paid vacation that i have to take between feb-march.... to see a british comedian live would be epic.

i am green with envy

manmagic

I forget where you live, but he has a dozen American dates. Maybes one of them is near you!

AaronTheCabe

Quote from: manmagic on December 14, 2015, 02:57:54 PM
I forget where you live, but he has a dozen American dates. Maybes one of them is near you!

Chicago is the closest :-(

Not surprised, Atlanta is in the south. and people outside US must be aware that a significant majority of the  'Murica! culture exists more or is more vocal in the south. Atlanta can be a really liberal, awesome city though, for what its worth

AaronTheCabe

SInce i'm here, PEEP SHOW SERIES 9!

watch it! watch it now!!

i mean, if you like, of course

Anna Karina

Highly recommend Making a Murderer on Netflix.

Kind of their version of The Jinx, mixed with Rectify and Serial.

pronetoaccidents

if you're looking for random, ridiculous yet entertaining, i'd recommend Banshee.

This is one of the best choreographed fight scenes I've seen since the opening to Kill Bill 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1yh6Nq35F0
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

manmagic

Holy shit, I just watched the 6 new episodes of peep show and I don't think I laughed that hard at any television show so far this year.

Best early Xmas gift.

AaronTheCabe

lindsey

manmagic

The new season of it's always sunny is maybe the best to date. That Water Park episode was infreakingcredible.

Also watching santa clarita diet, Taboo, Baskets, and man seeking woman. All are good.

BlakeK

I am really enjoying the new season of Better Call Saul. If this season keeps going on the same track, it will be the best one yet in my opinion. I don't really have a desire to rewatch old episodes unlike Breaking Bad which I could watch any day. There are certain shows that I like to rewatch and some I don't. As great is the Wire was, I never went back and rewatched episodes.

momitsnowme

I liked Life in Pieces on Netflix
I'm sucked in to Grace and Frankie now

manmagic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpR-5gzK04U

Binged watched the first season of this over the weekend. I thought it was absolutely fantastic.

Anna Karina

I highly recommend Catastrophe on Amazon Prime. The third season goes up in three days.

BlakeK

Better Call Saul keeps getting better. I missed last weeks episode so I had to catch up last night. It was nice being able to watch these episodes back to back. It feels like the Gus/Mike storylines are slightly overpowering Jimmy's but it isn't that bad. I'm still interested and invested in Jimmy's story and feel like both are great and are coexisting pretty well.

lindsey

Better Call Saul is so fucking good and I really really don't want anything bad to happen to Kim but it feels inevitable