Name a Movie You Love That Everyone Else Seems to Hate

Started by Anna Karina, December 13, 2014, 06:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeK

Holy shit! I was waiting for the page to load and trying to figure out which movie I'd say and I'll be goddamned if one second after I thought "Freddy Got Fingered" it appeared on the screen.

I'm less embarrassed now. I own it and saw it in the theater when it came out. I was a big Tom Green fan in high school. I'll have to rewatch it to see if I still like it. The scene where he's talking on a cordless phone in the restaurant was hilarious. 3 out of 5 stars (I don't know why I'm giving movies stars all of the sudden).
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

amanda

Anna Karina

Quote from: BlakeK on December 13, 2014, 08:27:59 PM
Holy shit! I was waiting for the page to load and trying to figure out which movie I'd say and I'll be goddamned if one second after I thought "Freddy Got Fingered" it appeared on the screen.

I'm less embarrassed now. I own it and saw it in the theater when it came out. I was a big Tom Green fan in high school. I'll have to rewatch it to see if I still like it. The scene where he's talking on a cordless phone in the restaurant was hilarious. 3 out of 5 stars (I don't know why I'm giving movies stars all of the sudden).
I was actually gonna post that scene but couldn't find a YouTube. I SAY GENEVA, YOU HEAR HELSINKI?!

Nate Rainey

Young Einstein. And I get it, I guess, but....it's about splitting the beer atom, for fuck's sake.
Signature get.

RankResistance

As much as it embarrasses me to say it, this movie is usually on TV once every, I dunno, six hours. I usually watch it and quote the whole thing.

amanda

Quote from: momitsnowme on December 13, 2014, 11:59:11 PM
Josie and the pussycats

This is one of my top 3 favorite movies and almost all of my friends, except for Rob, love it.

BagginSagginBrian

Hollywoodland

Love this movie, but everyone I've met who's seen it hates it.
Adrian Brody is amazing in it.

BagginSagginBrian

Quote from: Rapture Ready Blowhard on December 14, 2014, 06:54:48 AM
I am a Nicolas Cage fan.

Bringing out the dead
No one hates it, but people refuse to watch it because of nic cage, even though Scorsese + John Goodman negate cage.

BlakeK

Do people hate Hollywoodland? I thought it was a good movie and would watch it again.

There's another movie that was similar to Bringing Out the Dead that came out around the same time. I think it's called Broken Vessels. I get the two confused. I know one consists of EMTs buying crack and other drugs. I liked whichever one has that in it.

Also, don't be ashamed of liking Joe Dirt. I think this thread will contain mostly comedies due to the fact that everyone I know seems to have at least one movie that they find hilarious that others might not.

A non comedy movie that I don't think that others like but I do is Mr Brooks.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

Nate Rainey

Attack the Gas Station. I've tried everything, but I can't get anyone to see what I'm seeing.
Signature get.

pronetoaccidents

well i used to love eraserhead. or i think i did. I saw it a buncha times when i was about 18. i don't know if i was stupid and impressionable because that was required and mandatory for what i thought i wanted to be. but yeah, i really did actually enjoy it. i don't know if i could sit through it nowadays honestly. but i do like that in heaven everything is fine song. it's really quite beautiful.
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

Anna Karina

pronetoaccidents

usually when I mention it people either say they hate it or they saw it and " oh yeah that movies a classic!! david lynch is CRAZY" but you know they wouldn't watch it if it was just them sitting at home alone looking at their stack of DVD's deciding which one to pick for the night.

pronetoaccidents

Cannibal Holocaust

I hate that the animals are hurt but I dunno, the movie is a horror movie and it brought out emotions of fear, terror, disgust, revulsion.. it made me FEEL. that's the point of film.

manmagic

I remember "The Watch" getting fairly negative reviews, but I dug it. Good mix of sci-fi and comedy, Morris Moss from the IT Crowd was a huge plus for me as well. 

Nate Rainey

Signature get.

manmagic

ramblinrabble

Except Sea Parks.  They're the funnest, wettest, most splish-splashy place on the earth!

thujone

I love the Lost Boys more than almost any other movie from my childhood

i also liked mallrats which kevin smith actually apologized publicly for making

pronetoaccidents

i think a buncha folks like lost boys but i'm with you on mallrats.

gummo.