+/- Thread

Started by AaronTheCabe, June 10, 2014, 02:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kw

- this job hunt is incredibly stressful and, so far, fruitless. i am really strapped and am, at this point, hoping for anything just so i can get my feet under me.
- i live in the second most expensive city in canada, and live alone... i chose to, which is a +, but it is incredibly expensive, hence the -

+ playing music again for the first time in years has been a real positive, and i've been doing it with my partner which has been really cool. we finished our first three songs, which is about 30min of music, and are gonna keep working on them til she is confidant enough to play a show. this could be fun!

dakotafloyd

+ Lots of shows lately.  Delay, Spoonboy, Laura Stevenson, All Dogs, The Sidekicks, Hard Girls, Lipstick Homicide, and a ton of other great bands over the past week or so.  Eric Ayotte is also coming through on Monday, which will be great!
- So. Tired.
+ Almost done with this semester.  I like all my classes and my 8th graders, but it'll be nice to have a break.
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

bee

+ had a cute date yesterday where i introduced them to the wonders of mac and cheese nachos, then we had a lil smooch with my cat watching.
+/- a bit worried i'm having a manic episode, i am generally feeling great right now, like hyperactive great, but am jumping into a lot of stuff head on and having fleeting thoughts of needing to chill out but being unable to.
+ i kinda wanna kiss everyone. this may be related to the point above.

rory

Quote from: bee on November 05, 2014, 09:34:21 PM
+/- a bit worried i'm having a manic episode, i am generally feeling great right now, like hyperactive great, but am jumping into a lot of stuff head on and having fleeting thoughts of needing to chill out but being unable to.

I was thinking the same thing about myself yesterday. Two days ago I had 4 band practices, and yesterday I cleaned the whole house, drew something I'm very happy with, and had another band practice. I've been active and relatively spontaneous. I'm worried it's gonna switch on me and the depression/anxiety/overwhelmed feeling that happens when you take on too much is gonna sneak up on my quickly.

Hopefully we're just feeling great though!
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

AaronTheCabe

- drunk
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

AaronTheCabe

edit

momitsnowme

+I went to a workshop on using an integration of mindfulness and CBT to treat ocd and anxiety and I feel really optimistic about it having a positive impact for me
-I don't get enough sleep and haven't for over a year
+feeling good in general

kw

- fuck fuckFUCK my car just died, ontop of the wave of negative happenings this is just so un-needed. i know my car is old, i bought it with hard earned money when i was 15 and have had it for 11 years now, but i just needed it to get me through the winter... now, even if it is fixable, i won't have the money to fix it, nor is it valuable enough to fix in monetary terms. bad things always happen in piles, and i always forget that, or maybe just try to will it not to. fuck.

momitsnowme

Sorry Kdub :(

+Skyped with kW today

lindsey

becca how do you find workshops like that? sounds really interesting

rory

- snow.
+ Hey at least it's mid November, a perfectly acceptable time for the show to begin falling.
+ Trying to book a spring tour is exciting. I'm very pleased with how my band is sounding these days, and the three of us get along great. The idea of taking this stuff out for two weeks is super awesome to me.
+ Two of my housemates I've lived with for 3.5 years are moving out, which is a little sad, but it means one of my best pals gets to move in, and one of my current housemates gets to shift to a larger room, which is another forward for his mental health. Also my partner moves back in a month! Positive changes!
- Currently there's no cats in the house, and it's just devistatingly sad.
+ All I do is work and play music but I actually kind of like it that way.
- My drinking was getting out of hand so I'm stopping for a couple of weeks. Since my partner left, it's been hard to set a limit for the night and stick to it, I always go too far once I begin. It's upsetting to see those patterns emerge, and I have to work to keep myself in check. But these few days without drinking have been good and productive, so at least there's some reward.
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

momitsnowme

Quote from: lindsey on November 13, 2014, 09:34:14 AM
becca how do you find workshops like that? sounds really interesting

i had just been checking out the website for the center that put it on because they offer telephone counseling that i was considering. they had a contest to win a scholarship to the workshop so i entered it and won!

michaelcopeland

Never mind

michaelcopeland

:)

Phitney

- My boss sent me a weird questionnaire to be sent to HR. It's supposedly confidential, but I have to send it to my boss to send to HR. Something seems really fishy about it
- I gotta get out of this company
- I'm realizing more and more and more that I should not have left California. I miss it too much. I want to move back, but I know I can't just move back and continue working for my company at their headquarters there. That was one of the reasons why I moved away. Working in that office was so bad for my mental health. It's still not great for my mental health,  but it's slightly better since I work from home and am somewhat distanced from it all.
+/- I've recently started talking to a guy on okcupid who lives near where I used to live in California. He's super awesome and we talked for several hours on the phone last night. I would try and date the shit out of him if I lived there. I'm trying to not make this a reason to move back, especially considering my track record with dating lately where I get super stoked on a person and then my feelings for them fizzle out very quickly after meeting them. I have to move for myself and no one else. The - is because I worry that I'm making this a reason to move back, though I was contemplating going back ever since I visited my friends there a few weeks ago.
+ Doing lots of derby stuff. I've been populating my weekends with these big scrimmage events that I can skate ref at. I'm channeling so much energy into this and it feels so awesome.
+ I think I'm going to stop drinking as well, or at least cut back by a lot. I haven't drank much lately, but I did drink more than I meant last weekend on a date and it really threw my off for the rest of the weekend. I'm finding that drinking isn't quite as fun anymore and it's usually just something I do when I'm nervous and then I feel like shit the next day.

michaelcopeland

+ This is probably my favorite thread :) not only because I can vent about stuff with people who actually listen, but I get to learn a little more about all of you and I get to be the listener. For some reason I find that very refreshing!

michaelcopeland

Also congrats for trying to cut back on drinking! I'm not one of those people who is totally against it, but it's always nice to keep yourself in check and under control :p

rory

Quote from: Phitney on November 18, 2014, 07:13:15 PM
+ I think I'm going to stop drinking as well, or at least cut back by a lot. I haven't drank much lately, but I did drink more than I meant last weekend on a date and it really threw my off for the rest of the weekend. I'm finding that drinking isn't quite as fun anymore and it's usually just something I do when I'm nervous and then I feel like shit the next day.
This is exactly how I feel on this, too. My goal to stop completely for a couple of weeks floundered a bit, but I still haven't had more than one drink in a day, and that seems to be the reasonable moderation I strive for, generally. My drinking was making me act out in a totally goofy way for a 25 year old to. Nothing particularly harmful.  the day before halloween I drew on a bunch of stuff in my neighborhood with lipstick, later I took a tiny chair out of a neighbor's abandoned yard, then sometime shortly after that I stole a traffic barrel and put it in my housemate's room. Just petty theft/vandalism of a 15 year old.

The traffic barrel was pretty funny, though.

AaronTheCabe

Courtney

+No more boyfriend! He was a nice enough guy, just not for me.
+Having my apartment to myself is the best.
+Going to see Saves The Day Friday in Orlando with my best friends from high school.
+Seeing Doug Benson in Tampa the next night.

kw

+ was offered an amazing job at one of my favourite vegan spots in canada
-/+ it is located in st. catharines, about an hour and a half outside of toronto, in the niagra falls region.
+ moving there means i'd get to live in a huge house with my partner and another rad person, and i'd be paying $900 less a month than i am making now
- i do actually love living in toronto, and would miss it a lot. st catharines is rad, but it doesn't compare to this city.

-/+ now that i have basically made up my mind to move, and have been looking work for almost a month, i have been offered two jobs today... the day i made up my mind. UGH

Phitney

Quote from: Courtney on November 19, 2014, 06:08:17 PM
+No more boyfriend! He was a nice enough guy, just not for me. .

Was this the guy I met? I'm glad that it's a + and not a -! Being sad about break up stuff is...well...sad.

In other news, we need to hang out again!

Quote from: AaronTheCabe on November 19, 2014, 05:55:59 PM
-sad aaron is sad

Aaron! Call me when you're sad. I'll tell you dumb jokes that hopefully make you less sad!

Courtney

Quote from: Phitney on November 19, 2014, 08:40:09 PM
Quote from: Courtney on November 19, 2014, 06:08:17 PM
+No more boyfriend! He was a nice enough guy, just not for me. .

Was this the guy I met? I'm glad that it's a + and not a -! Being sad about break up stuff is...well...sad.

In other news, we need to hang out again!
Yes, that was him! Nice dude, but nah. And yes, we do need to hang out again! I'm leaving to Florida for a week tomorrow, but I'll holler at you on facebook when I'm back.

michaelcopeland

+ moving to Bentonville, Arkansas on the 2nd. It'll be a good opportunity to start over and get my life back in order. p.s. If anyone lives near there, lets become friends :)

- I'm leaving a lot of really good people behind and people never stay in touch like they plan to

+ I'm playing one last house show on the 28th with some super cool people

Drewcifer

+ I rejoined the PIX board since it crashed

- I hate my job.