I loved this article about This Bike, Carrie Nations, touring and growth

Started by thetrashisright, January 20, 2019, 10:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thetrashisright

http://www.southerncultures.org/article/seasoned-punks/

Pcola was my first real punk stomping grounds around this time. I was never superfriends with most people but I dated a 309er, went to the shows, rode around the city, went to the scant protests and learned about vegan food and diy and anarchism. The Pcola punk scene probably ruined my life and I thank the void every day for that. I also would eventually do all this other places with other people in this scene, making the breakdown of things later very very upsetting and difficult. But this isn't about that-, this is just a bittersweet article that does not get into scene drama, just living and changing and taking the good with the bad.

Joe

dakotafloyd

I read this whenever it was first posted!  Such a solid read.  Made me proud to have grown up in the Southeastern punk scene.
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

thetrashisright

Quote from: dakotafloyd on July 04, 2019, 07:14:07 PM
I read this whenever it was first posted!  Such a solid read.  Made me proud to have grown up in the Southeastern punk scene.

Glad others saw and appreciated this. I honestly cried when I read it the first time. Strange we never crossed paths but I suppose I was more Florida/AL than Atlanta anyhow. But yeah it resonated so much with my feelings about my world then and my world now. I miss every chance to sleep in a strangers bed (platonic or not) and make ten people vegan breakfast and take long humid bike rides to infoshop cafes. It was winding down a little when I left but now it's so hard to find this again. Age and costs (of everything for everyone) and a lot of factors...

Uncle