so it's done round here i guess for reals?

Started by pronetoaccidents, April 24, 2018, 11:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pronetoaccidents

it was instinctual to check here when i get online because i've been doing it for over 15 years, which is fucking insane when i think about that and i don't want it to be the case but i guess we're old and.. old.
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

jer

It was barely alive on life support when PIX was still around. With PIX gone... It's bleak.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

Joe

I probably post as much as I ever did.  The unifying factor was PIX (which for me meant my town and a few friends and acquaintances), so all the random convos could at least connect back to that.

I play music more than I ever did, which feels great.  I like that music has stuck with me regardless of the various social scenes and dramas that always seem to rip stuff apart. Now I'm at that stage where I want to make it grow into another dramatic social scene that will rip itself apart... ok, not the drama or ripping it apart stage... I just want to build something or contribute to something that feels good and surprises me.

I still swing by this board regularly.  I may not post, but I'm reading.

momitsnowme

I check this several times a day out of habit.

thetrashisright

I check in every month but just don't have anything to say. I just don't see anyone anymore that were involved in this, the bands are all but gone, there aren't any shows I really want to see aside from a few pix adjacent bands. I know the queer poc scene is a thing and I was involved but it really started to turn into a cool club honestly, and I didn't have the energy to be on either side of the dichotomy. Rich fuckin irony there. Not doing zines now for the same reason. Honestly Erik was a big uniter too in my neck of the woods and could pull a lot of people together and, well, that's that. Folk punk now has been eclipsed by the Johnny hobo-days n daze rips which is fine in doses/part of the whole but I just can't make that my world. So what's there to say? I miss it and I miss you, I miss my exes and my lovers and my friends and roadmates. I've tried other worlds and I get I'm not young anymore and nothing really lasts, but I just can't find something else I feel as good in. Bummer it wasn't REALLY south at the end.