Adelie's Top 5 Musicians/Bands

Started by BlakeK, August 17, 2017, 05:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeK

So I know a dude always talking about his baby can be annoying but my daughter, Adelie, loves music but she doesn't like just any music. It can be fast but it can't be too abrasive which means that while she definitely has a Nirvana onesie as well as a Nirvana hoodie, she's not a big fan yet. After trying different bands or singers, these are her favorites.

1. Elvis Presley (favorite song is "I can't help falling in love")
2. The Beatles (can't tell what her favorite song is of the Beatles but I can tell you that unlike her dad, Addy prefers early Beatles. They were playing the Beatles when she was delivered. We chose it because they asked what we wanted playing and it was one of the choices)
3. Michael Jackson (was almost #2 but while she really likes Michael Jackson, it's only a few songs that she really digs while with the Beatles I can play it for a long time and she's fine with it. Favorite song is "Rock with you".)
4. The Beach Boys (favorite song is "God only knows")
5. Jimi Hendrix (very weird but she seems to like a lot of Jimi Hendrix despite it being a little harder than her usual tastes. There's no favorite song that I can tell).

***Very honorable mention: whoever sings the Winni the Pooh theme songs from the movie from the 70s as well as the new adventures of Pooh from the 90s.

Amanda and I do play more kid oriented songs that we find online but I thought it would be fun to make a top 5 list of bands that we can both somewhat enjoy.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

momitsnowme

Haha awesome!
Check out the podcast Spare the Rock Spoil the Child! I listen to it with the kids and enjoy it too!

More Adelie pics please!

BlakeK

Quote from: momitsnowme on August 18, 2017, 08:54:24 PM
Haha awesome!
Check out the podcast Spare the Rock Spoil the Child! I listen to it with the kids and enjoy it too!

More Adelie pics please!
Her taught me how to post pictures on here but I don't remember how. I know it has to do with Imagur but I mess it up when I try. Are you friends with my wife on Facebook or follow her? She is better about posting pictures than I am but I could post some too.

momitsnowme

I'm not! Will she think it's weird if I'm like "I know your husband from the internet. I thought of your child's name. Be my friend so I can see pictures of her?" Haha

BlakeK

Quote from: momitsnowme on August 19, 2017, 10:00:46 AM
I'm not! Will she think it's weird if I'm like "I know your husband from the internet. I thought of your child's name. Be my friend so I can see pictures of her?" Haha
She knows where I got the name and I have mentioned you. I told her about the things you were telling us to try at the hospital and she's fine with it. I'm not going to lie, when Amanda first learned about the message board she didn't quite get it and was a little weirded out by me talking to other women online. Once she realized what it actually is though she didn't really view it as the standard "talking to other women on the internet" which is something that I think most spouses are a little freaked out by. Everything is cool though and I can just post more to my account (which I did yesterday). If we lived closer we could all meet. We don't have many friends around here so it would be nice. It's hard to make friends as adults especially when you have kids and are wrapped up in family stuff constantly