Plan it x is for sale

Started by manmagic, May 26, 2017, 02:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manmagic

Really don't know what that means for whoever would buy it. $100,000 makes you the new owner though.

Who's in???

BlakeK

This seems a little steep. I'd go in if it was a little lower (a lot lower actually). Where did you see that it was for sale? What would we get if we bought Plan It X other than the rights to distribute/license the songs on the label and use the name? I'd like to know what all we would have the rights to if we bought Plan It X. It seems very unlikely that this is really a thing.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

jer

Guys it's a joke on Facebook. He's asking for a major label to buy him out.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

manmagic

It's a joke that he is hoping someone calls his bluff on.

I'd buy it for $10k though, like he always said, if it ain't cheap it ain't punk.

BlakeK

Quote from: manmagic on May 27, 2017, 10:58:29 AM

I'd buy it for $10k though, like he always said, if it ain't cheap it ain't punk.
What would you do with it if you bought it?

GrownFolk

Really, somebody else buying it wouldn't be such a bad deal necessarily.  It's not like a lot is getting done with the label as it is now.  There is a ton of classic material on PiX that is criminally out of print.  Hell, just put digital copies of everything up on bandcamp to make it accessible.

BlakeK

Quote from: GrownFolk on May 28, 2017, 05:26:38 PM
Really, somebody else buying it wouldn't be such a bad deal necessarily.  It's not like a lot is getting done with the label as it is now.  There is a ton of classic material on PiX that is criminally out of print.  Hell, just put digital copies of everything up on bandcamp to make it accessible.
Some PIX stuff is on Apple Music. I'd have to research to see how much of it is there.

EDIT: It's pretty sparse. They have a few albums but overall they don't have a lot. I did just add some Operation Cliff Calvin to my library. I wish I hadn't have lost my CDs that came with the little booklet and had all of their songs. I can't remember what it was called.

skateandannoy

https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

manmagic

Quote from: BlakeK on May 27, 2017, 09:35:13 PM
Quote from: manmagic on May 27, 2017, 10:58:29 AM

What would you do with it if you bought it?

TBD

GrownFolk

Quote from: BlakeK on May 29, 2017, 08:10:10 AM
Quote from: GrownFolk on May 28, 2017, 05:26:38 PM
Some PIX stuff is on Apple Music. I'd have to research to see how much of it is there.

EDIT: It's pretty sparse. They have a few albums but overall they don't have a lot. I did just add some Operation Cliff Calvin to my library. I wish I hadn't have lost my CDs that came with the little booklet and had all of their songs. I can't remember what it was called.

It just seems it would be so easy to load the entire catalog on Bandcamp to make money and please the fans at the same time.  I'm not on Apple Music but I did buy the entire OCC catalog of Bandcamp awhile back.  Not sure if it's still on there or not but it was all for sale as one download. 

jer

Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com