Random thoughts and questions

Started by BlakeK, August 10, 2016, 05:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeK

Quote from: skateandannoy on September 22, 2016, 06:44:21 PM
Quote from: BlakeK on September 20, 2016, 07:43:56 PM
Say what you will about his accomplishments and whether or not he kept various promises but every time Obama gives a speech, I remember why I voted for him twice. I don't know how he can be so hated by so many without bringing race into the discussion. I can't stand listening to conservatives and/or Republicans talk about how he's the worst President ever. I completely understand the disappointment some, including myself, feel regarding his policies but I have yet to hear a good reason why he's worse than Bush Jr and Sr, Clinton, or Reagan. Does anyone have any idea excluding race why people hate him so much?
Because the right wing is more radical and organized than ever and use their televised propaganda arm to character assassinate him and everyone else that disagrees with their opinion. And the Republican controlled Congress have blocked everything he's tried to do for the sake of making him look like a lame duck to give them a better chance at winning the White House in 2016 by making Democrats look incompetent. People dislike him because there is a lot of misinformation about him floating around and the fact that little has gotten done in years under his presidency. Not for lack of trying, but because he is up against extreme opposition. It's why everything he's done lately is through executive order. There's just no other way. I watch Fox every day. They're like fucking comic book villains.
I never hear anyone give a detailed explanation as to the specifics of what makes him worse than others. I really do most often hear "everything!" or "where do I start?" said often with no specifics ever given. When I do hear people give reasons, they usually have to do with the continuation of programs/policies from previous Presidents, though those Presidents are never spoken about by members of the right with such vitriol.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

BlakeK

The new Against Me! album is interesting. I like it. Has anyone else listened to it?

skateandannoy

Quote from: BlakeK on September 23, 2016, 05:42:06 PM
Say what you will about his accomplishments and whether or not he kept various promises but every time Obama gives a speech, I remember why I voted for him twice. I don't know how he can be so hated by so many without bringing race into the discussion. I can't stand listening to conservatives and/or Republicans talk about how he's the worst President ever. I completely understand the disappointment some, including myself, feel regarding his policies but I have yet to hear a good reason why he's worse than Bush Jr and Sr, Clinton, or Reagan. Does anyone have any idea excluding race why people hate him so much?
Because the right wing is more radical and organized than ever and use their televised propaganda arm to character assassinate him and everyone else that disagrees with their opinion. And the Republican controlled Congress have blocked everything he's tried to do for the sake of making him look like a lame duck to give them a better chance at winning the White House in 2016 by making Democrats look incompetent. People dislike him because there is a lot of misinformation about him floating around and the fact that little has gotten done in years under his presidency. Not for lack of trying, but because he is up against extreme opposition. It's why everything he's done lately is through executive order. There's just no other way. I watch Fox every day. They're like fucking comic book villains.
I never hear anyone give a detailed explanation as to the specifics of what makes him worse than others. I really do most often hear "everything!" or "where do I start?" said often with no specifics ever given. When I do hear people give reasons, they usually have to do with the continuation of programs/policies from previous Presidents, though those Presidents are never spoken about by members of the right with such vitriol.
Because that's as much as Fox explains it
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

BlakeK

Quote from: skateandannoy on September 25, 2016, 06:00:15 PM
I know, but as much as everyone talks shit about FOX and how terrible they are (and they are terrible), how much of an influence do they actually have? I though FOX was mainly watched by senior citizens.

skateandannoy

Quote from: BlakeK on September 26, 2016, 06:06:47 PM
Quote from: skateandannoy on September 25, 2016, 06:00:15 PM
I know, but as much as everyone talks shit about FOX and how terrible they are (and they are terrible), how much of an influence do they actually have? I though FOX was mainly watched by senior citizens.
For whatever reason the stuff they say manages to get passed around. Facebook and word of mouth I guess. Mostly I think people that don't like him are frustrated that not enough got done during his presidency and that we have some new issues now without really solving things that were plaguing America prior to him taking office i.e. income inequality, poor economy, racial tension, not prosecuting white collar crime (banks, Wall St etc), wars and so forth. But blaming him for a lot of this shit is misplaced. A lot of criticism of him is really just political illiteracy.
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

momitsnowme

Quote from: BlakeK on September 06, 2016, 06:07:01 AM
Quote from: pronetoaccidents on September 05, 2016, 01:09:44 PM
There song laughing is amazing. The album hold me up, I think it's called is amazing descendentsy type punk
I'm glad that someone else appreciates their music. I think Becca does too if I'm not mistaken.

On to a new random thought, I am so sick of hearing/seeing the terms social justice warrior and cuck. It is getting ridiculous. I hope this alt right thing is just a phase and that people like Milo Yiannapolous fade away soon.

I saw them when I was 12 and guiltily enjoy their popular music. I should actually check out their good stuff,haha

BlakeK

Quote from: momitsnowme on September 28, 2016, 05:43:54 PM
Quote from: BlakeK on September 06, 2016, 06:07:01 AM
Quote from: pronetoaccidents on September 05, 2016, 01:09:44 PM
There song laughing is amazing. The album hold me up, I think it's called is amazing descendentsy type punk
I'm glad that someone else appreciates their music. I think Becca does too if I'm not mistaken.

On to a new random thought, I am so sick of hearing/seeing the terms social justice warrior and cuck. It is getting ridiculous. I hope this alt right thing is just a phase and that people like Milo Yiannapolous fade away soon.

I saw them when I was 12 and guiltily enjoy their popular music. I should actually check out their good stuff,haha
I enjoy A Boy Named Goo but couldn't get into anything after. I really think I may have been able to enjoy some of their later songs if Iris wasn't played on a loop for like 2 years on the radio.

pronetoaccidents

I listen to anything that sounds good at the moment. All music has something to offer
Though lovers be lost love shall not.