you look nice today.
Started by BlakeK, December 19, 2015, 06:29:22 PM
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PMHaving said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin
Quote from: jerkemy on December 20, 2015, 09:01:39 PMlike no, seriously.... Sargon and his #GamerGate crew, who went absolutely nuclear because of an article with the obviously metaphorical and quite-well-explained-if-they'd-bothered-to-read-it headline "Gamers" Are Dead" is now trying to make a career of telling other people they're too sensitive?I mean, I know you want us to engage with this bullshit academically but like....I can't stop laughing long enough
Quote from: jerkemy on December 20, 2015, 08:54:55 PMI wonder what the crossover is on people gnashing their teeth about both trigger warnings and movie spoilersTrigger warnings aren't censorship, they're used on material that is being taught. If the material were being censored there wouldn't be warnings, the material would be, you know, censored. 98% of this "college students are demanding censorship" stuff is mostly just a new front in the ancient traditional "college campuses are lie-beral hotbeds" thing used to try and shut up Vietnam War dissent. The other 2% is college kids sometimes being dopey, which isn't a big new existential threat, it's actually been around for awhile. "SJW" is just a new term for "Politically Correct" now that most people finally recognize "PC" as racist grandpa talk.and that "Sargon of Akkad" guy is a stupid piece of shit who's only proved that Americans will think any steaming garbage is deep if you say it in a British accent