suicide squad trailer looks awesome

Started by pronetoaccidents, October 22, 2015, 11:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pronetoaccidents

Though lovers be lost love shall not.

pronetoaccidents

c'mon, i'm the only one who thinks it looks sweet? not even A LITTLE BIT guys?

skateandannoy

I love Batman, but I'd be lying if I said this didn't look like hot topic the movie
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

pronetoaccidents

Damn.. you got me. I feel like a douche canoe now

manmagic

I'm boycotting all comic book movies until they finally make a LOBO one.

pronetoaccidents

i'd like to see a proper spawn remake, an animated (ala persopolis) take on pride of baghdad, 100 bullets and Scalped.

but seriously, anyone who hasn't read scalped should. it's by jason aaron and it's an unflinching portrayal of life on an indian reservation. it's part noir, part western, part it's own breed and a horrifically tragic and beautiful story with amazing writing and art. get with it.

jer

Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

skateandannoy

Quote from: pronetoaccidents on October 26, 2015, 12:23:12 PM
i'd like to see a proper spawn remake, an animated (ala persopolis) take on pride of baghdad, 100 bullets and Scalped.

but seriously, anyone who hasn't read scalped should. it's by jason aaron and it's an unflinching portrayal of life on an indian reservation. it's part noir, part western, part it's own breed and a horrifically tragic and beautiful story with amazing writing and art. get with it.
+1 for the Persepolis reference! That would be amazing. I'm gonna check Scalped out.
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

pronetoaccidents

seriously man, do it. anything by jason aaron is notable. before scalped, he wrote a really good Vietnam story that simultaneously told the story of both an american and a Vietcong, both same age, similar sentiments in their own right. (his cousin wrote the short story that was tweaked a bit and became the screenplay for a little film called Full Metal Jacket.

i tried looking for PDF files online for you, so far no luck. if you want i can loan you them via mail. I've always wanted free pizza for life, i think we talked about me burrowing that or something a bit back (or maybe that was aaron?) either way whatevs.

but a bit more on scalped..

"The series focuses on the Oglala Lakota inhabitants of the fictional Prairie Rose Indian Reservation in modern-day South Dakota as they grapple with organized crime, rampant poverty, drug addiction and alcoholism, local politics and the preservation of their cultural identity....Writer Jason Aaron and artist R.M. Guera mixed crime and Native American culture in "Scalped." The Vertigo series began to undercover agent Dashell "Dash" Bad Horse as he returned home to Prairie Rose Reservation to infiltrate the tribal leader's criminal organisation. Hired to be a cop by the reservation, Dash soon found himself caught up in the reservation's problems and became conflicted between life as an FBI agent and as a tribe member. "Scalped" remains a brutal noir thriller that is not scared to reflect the grim reality of life for many modern-day Native Americans."

reception?

"Scalped has been met with near universal praise throughout its run. Comic Book Resources referred to it as "one of the few comics capable of evoking real, visceral emotion from the reader",[4] and Newsarama called the final issue an "awe inspiring conclusion" and gave the issue a score of 10 out of 10

AaronTheCabe

Spawn deserves a re-make. I remember enjoying the film as a teen in the 90s, but I recently tried to watch it and Tank Girl and just couldn't get through them at all

I like Jared Leto as an actor and think he will do Joker justice, albeit the joker Hot Topic thing is just wrong. poor design choice. hope leto can over-come it

I don't like will smith as deadshot cause i don't think he's a great actor, suspect they will weave the film around him, and it'll be superhero "I AM LEGEND" will smith. If i hadn't read the book I am Legend I might have enjoyed the movie more, but I don't know. I hope he pulls it off and proves me wrong
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

BlakeK

I agree with the folks on here describing this as "hot topic: the movie" but I am somewhat intrigued after reading about Leto's method acting and preparation. Back when 30 Seconds to Mars was at their peak, I would have never guessed I'd respect Jared Leto.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin