Do you make electronic music?

Started by Pat2099, August 23, 2015, 04:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat2099

If so what program do you use, or what Midi controller? I really want to get into this, it seems chill. I already play a variety of instruments, but have limited piano playing skills. Any advice is appreciated!

AaronTheCabe

https://flywheelshyster.bandcamp.com/album/electronic-collections-1998-2005

i did all these with Fruity Loops 3.0 (i think its up to 12 now). I bought the producer edition and worked really hard to create this to sound somewhat organic, meaning less looped based. One song the main loop is 16 measures long before repeated. I am willing to give you the password so you can download the newest one on the condition you don't change the email and password and take it from me, cause that wouldn't be very nice
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

jerkemy

i make music with a program called Little Sound DJ that runs on Game Boy or in a Game Boy emulator. I then play guitar over it, mostly because I need something to do with myself live, but also I think it sounds cool.

I also dabble with FamiTracker, which is free but only for Windows, and exports files that can be played by an NES.

here's some stuff if you wanted to check it out: http://tonightwelaunch.bandcamp.com

I have some songs with vocals but that's all instrumental. It's all just one Game Boy and guitar over it.

AaronTheCabe

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

pronetoaccidents

i tried to make myself hate this Neutral Milk Hotel mashup thing, but i actually can't.. i'm sure someone here will, but maybe someone else might be a fellow anamoly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXoajiCbrJk
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

pronetoaccidents

i want to start making punk/noise/industrial music... does that count or fit this thread?

been getting into more ministry/big black/throbbing gristle/suicide (of course and forever cuz they were like the best, listen to frankie teardrop and lemme know if hairs don't stand up in places you didn't even knew could tingle like that from something aural)

it'll probably fit in my category of random ideas, which is archival and completed projects could be counted on one hand, maybe even a hand with some fingers cut off or something but i wanted to make songs that kinda combine the vocals of the juxtaposition beautiful stupid neanderthal punk/mutant/hardcore like lumpy and the dumpers,crazy spirit, hankwood,etc and of course without forgetting their creepy uncles, Feederz, Die Kreuzen, crucifucks, brown sugar) vocals, but for added layers have amps facing each other just letting the feedback do it's thing (lou reed era Metal Machine Music rip-off) and apply some tape splice-age, which i highly doubt i'd be able to do on my own i heard it's very difficult, but the intention of doing it, or mine at least, is more along the William Burroughs idea of finding out true meaning in seeming chaos.

record whatever noises emanate from a subway car. the idea, an homage to the alleged inventor of "noise-rock", John Cage, when he premiered the three-movement 4′33″ which has the orchestra/band put down their instruments and not play a single note. Every single time it's recorded or performed it's different because some form of external noise is evident, and just as one can not easily explain that beauty arises from Burroughs cut-up technique with words, unexpected and almost paranormally coherent, musical beauty arises from lack of instrumentation. 

"They missed the point. There's no such thing as silence. What they thought was silence, because they didn't know how to listen, was full of accidental sounds. You could hear the wind stirring outside during the first movement. During the second, raindrops began pattering the roof, and during the third the people themselves made all kinds of interesting sounds as they talked or walked out."- John Cage   / and "In 1951, Cage visited the anechoic chamber at Harvard University. An anechoic chamber is a room designed in such a way that the walls, ceiling and floor absorb all sounds made in the room, rather than reflecting them as echoes. Such a chamber is also externally sound-proofed. Cage entered the chamber expecting to hear silence, but he wrote later, "I heard two sounds, one high and one low. When I described them to the engineer in charge, he informed me that the high one was my nervous system in operation, the low one my blood in circulation."Cage had gone to a place where he expected total silence, and yet heard sound. "Until I die there will be sounds. And they will continue following my death. One need not fear about the future of music."The realization as he saw it of the impossibility of silence led to the composition of 4′33″.

It's not far fetched to see the frustration of the Harvard University and other elite musical figures who still had a very sub-conscious draconian form, even the avant-gardists that music needed some "structure". John cage was a musical anarchist, and yes, it's inspired by that piece in thought and heart.

I believe that whatever created one thing in our universe, created everything. We're all Africans, precisely Ethiopian. or that's what i heard last time i did some home sapiens origin snoopage.. but i mention the unity to say that everything, as random as snowflakes when combined can form a real unique form of synchronicity.. thoughts at the moment of combining as my drum track.. elvis records (backwards maybe?) at a different RPM speed, irrate boot camp drill sergeants, tranquil female voice giving yoga instructions, Jim Jones/ etc..

also can't forget that i'm going to loop my favorite punk rock opening of any ep/LP/tape/etc, the drums from Discharge, Realities of War. (bear in mind if this happens i'd be surprised but I want to FORCE myself to DO SOMETHING while I have something to offer, or at least a chance to try to offer something, anything.

This is something that I could probably use a hand in, if anyone finds anything about this remotely foreseeable/listenable?
Though lovers be lost love shall not.