band you hate that everyone seems to love

Started by kw, January 17, 2015, 05:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kw

dakotafloyd

Literally every "emo revival" band.  I don't get it.
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

Anna Karina

BlakeK

Quote from: kw on January 17, 2015, 05:24:22 PM
propaghandi. i truly can't stand them.
Are you talking ALL Propagandhi? They've had several different sounds since they formed. Do you hate it all?
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

Anna Karina

Anna Karina

BlakeK

I don't hate them but I don't care for the Mountain Goats.

BlakeK

Yeah, I'll second Minor Threat. Black Flag aren't that great either. Any band that is hardcore and doesn't have much variation or melody really doesn't do a thing for me. I can tolerate it but don't like it.

Anna Karina

ramblinrabble

Not hate, but I really don't like the majority of PIX bands

kw

kw

Quote from: BlakeK on January 17, 2015, 10:39:03 PM
Quote from: kw on January 17, 2015, 05:24:22 PM
propaghandi. i truly can't stand them.
Are you talking ALL Propagandhi? They've had several different sounds since they formed. Do you hate it all?

yes, all propagandhi. listened to the whole discography, all of it didn't connect with me at all.

kw

Joe

Listening to Neutral Milk Hotel is like getting trapped at a party by someone repeatedly insisting that you let them finish telling their 30-minute joke, while fearing that the punchline will be that they kept you captive for 30-minutes while you kept trying to walk-away from a joke that had no punchline.

RankResistance

Really hate The Smiths.

Strongly dislike Neutral Milk Hotel (won't use "hate" because "King of Carrot Flowers, Pt. 1").

Really, really hate Arcade Fire's music.

rory

Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

RankResistance

Quote from: rory on January 18, 2015, 12:23:34 PM
RVIVR

I agree with their politics and I appreciate the fact that they exist, but I do not particularly care for their actual music at all.

manmagic

This thread is spot on with the title I like every band mentioned so far. I even like generic hardcore music.

fun.
lemuria
kevine devine (Other than brothers blood which was a decent album)
Mars Volta
The Misfits

momitsnowme

I've never been able to get really into RVIVR except the song Real Mean

michaelcopeland

Against Me! Even their old stuff I just can't stand.

skateandannoy

I hate Neutral Milk Hotel. So much. The Smiths, Bright Eyes, Green Day, Any of the non-punk stuff listed already: fun., MGMT, etc. (not that all I listen to is punk, I just can't stand any of those listed bands).

As for Black Flag, I like their music (first two records anyway) but I think they're revered way too highly in punk. What they did for the DIY scene is awesome but there are lots of bands with better music and messages doing the same stuff in that era. Too much macho guy bullshit.

oh, and
Quote from: dakotafloyd on January 17, 2015, 07:10:15 PM
Literally every "emo revival" band.  I don't get it.
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

Eugene

Love pop punk, but I've never liked the descendants.

BlakeK

I am still baffled that someone who is into punk music doesn't like any Propagandhi. I'm getting an error message in my brain when I try to process it.

jer

i don't think kw is much in to punk music, is the issue.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com