New Years Resolutions

Started by michaelcopeland, January 01, 2015, 12:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelcopeland

Mine is to own some land and to begin building my house. Does anybody else have any resolutions?

BlakeK

Mine is to lose 20 pounds and to smoke less than half a pack of cigarettes a day.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

lindsey

mine is to become more effective and productive in working towards my goals, learn to empower myself more in personal challenges, foster my relationship with water (both in painting, health wise, and making an effort to take more trips to the coast), do not let myself become a people pleaser in planning our wedding, to really really take care of myself now that i have health insurance again (therapy and chiropractor on the reg), find a way to get in better shape in an enjoyable and sustainable way. most tangibly/more "plan" than "resolution" - get engaged (this sounds presumptuous but we've already bought my ring together, but it was custom so we're just waiting to get it in the mail and gary wants to do a whole thing for it, so we're not saying we're engaged yet), learn to drive, and go to tattoo school!!!!!!!!

BlakeK

Wow! So many board members are getting engaged, married, and having kids. It's been really cool to see people's lives change on this board over the nearly 10 years that I've been posting here.

Congratulations, Lindsey! It sounds like things are going well for you. I'm sure you will meet your goals.

momitsnowme

Rapture Ready Blowhard

Mine is basically the same as last year-- get full-time work that pays enough to get by in a better city than this one.  Other than that, I made a couple of false starts at learning Turkish in 2014, and I'd really like to get back into it and make it stick this year.  Additionally, I want to keep up some of the good habits I acquired over the past year or so: exercise, a healthy vegan diet, a little Spanish each day, and mindfulness meditation.

CrackyMcCrackerson

Lose weight. I gained a bit over the holidays and my gym membership is collecting dust so, I am going to be vigilant on that for about 4 months.  4 times a week no exceptions.  2 miles of cardio a day at least plus 45 mins lifting(legs, midsection, arms). Eat better.  That is the plan.

BlakeK

Boy, you have it figured out when it comes to exercise. I just plan on starting slow given how long it has been since I exercised regularly. I don't care about anything but shrinking my gut. The rest of my body is relatively in shape it's just this big ol' gut that has to go. I just plan on doing sit ups or crunches on a daily basis for a start.

rory

Same as it is every year - make someone do a spit-take. Gonna really dedicate to it this time around, though.

Also I think I'm going to not have more than one alcoholic drink in a day. Seems do-able. Last year was the first time I ever actually seriously set a goal, which was to not eat cows or pigs and aside from a couple of slip ups I did a really good job and enjoyed doing that. I may just live a primarily beef/pork free life from now on.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

lindsey

i want to be a better activist this year. but how.

also, THANKS GUYS i am crazy excited about my year already and i seriously can't believe i'm like a month away from being engaged it feels so surreal but also so great

CrackyMcCrackerson

Quote from: lindsey on January 02, 2015, 12:53:44 PM
i want to be a better activist this year. but how.

also, THANKS GUYS i am crazy excited about my year already and i seriously can't believe i'm like a month away from being engaged it feels so surreal but also so great

Planned engagement?

lindsey

yep, as i said before, we bought a custom handmade ring (because my boo knows i'm the pickiest) which will come in about a month, so i know about the engagement but we haven't done it yet :)

ramblinrabble

I rsolv to rplac th  on my kyboard

amanda

I'd like to get a new job, eat more salads, and get the ball really rolling on this podcast/possible live show a friend and I have been working on developing.

lindsey

if you need any tips on how to NOT make a successful podcast, hit us up  8)

momitsnowme

Still working on my 101 in 1001. I checked off 60 in 2014!
more generally, though:
more showers
more sleep
less facebook

Phitney

Quit my job. Get a job I enjoy and that pays better.

Move to another town. I'm rethinking moving back to California because that would mean going back to working in the office at my company and I know that's not good for me.

Referee 15 or more roller derby bouts.

Cook more at home.

pronetoaccidents

try to ween off methadone and xanax.

try to be okay with the things i've done, do, and the person i am.

try not to to lie. it's amazing how often we (well i should say i because i only know myself for sure) lie in small ways i don't even know about. like when someone asks if i'm okay and i really feel like how it'd be easier to just die that particular day and i say "i'm good. everythings great!"

try to actually finish some artistic projects and endeavors that i've either mulled over for years, or started and got distracted and moved on to another (which had the same fate as the previous ones).

to forgive.
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

bee

i didn't really think about this too much when new years came around as i was so busy and everything happened too fast. but i guess...

keeping a clear head about what i need in my life, to help me achieve what i'm trying to. in terms of jobs, creativity, and the people around me.

re-evaluating friendships on a regular basis as i have a tendency to rely on people easily which can lead to me depending on people that aren't necessarily good for me because i am scared to lose them, even if they are doing me more harm than good. i need to remember my own worth.

my canadian visa runs out in spring next year, so this year i have to determine what my plan of action will be after that - whether i'll stay in canada, go elsewhere...

write more lists. be more organised. get more done. organisation is never a thing i have found easy and i need to explore ways that make it easier for me. i have issues with my memory and organising thoughts in my head, so i probably need to start writing things down more to confuse myself less.

take some further steps in my 'mental health journey'. i feel like i'm perhaps not on the most ideal medication after all, and i want to explore other routes and understand my needs better.

dakotafloyd

Finish school and get a teaching job.
Finally record and release the record I've been putting off for years.
Take better care of my mental / emotional health.
Be a better, more active friend.
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307