i am in a new band, it is called vile creature, here is some music & tour dates

Started by kw, December 19, 2014, 09:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jer

Quote from: baby talk on March 17, 2015, 12:34:27 PM
I won't take back what I wrote because I feel that it needed to be said.

I dismiss your work because your attitude towards others has given me the right to.

You haven't done anything to harm me personally, but I feel that you have harmed the community.

On the old message board you were rude and discouraging to other musicians that were new to the board. This kind of behavior doesn't sit well with me and is also what disappoints me the most about this board and the punk community in general.

* I also don't feel you deserve your own thread just because your friends with the moderator, but whatever.  I hope you understand where I am coming from. Peace.

It's been a long standing "guideline" on this board that people who are active participants get more leeway to promote their projects.

This stops people, like you, from just coming here to promote their stuff without any intention of being part of the community, just trying to use what we've built as a free bullboard without putting in any effort or giving back. This is something you should try, and you'd be much more appreciated here.

kw has never been anything but nice to people on this board who are not here to be jerks. If you can state one specific example of him doing anything otherwise, we can certainly discuss it and I can re-asses that statement. However, I think it is pretty clear that you're either confusing him with someone else, or making shit up.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

kw

Quote from: baby talk on March 17, 2015, 12:34:27 PM
I won't take back what I wrote because I feel that it needed to be said.

I dismiss your work because your attitude towards others has given me the right to.

You haven't done anything to harm me personally, but I feel that you have harmed the community.

On the old message board you were rude and discouraging to other musicians that were new to the board. This kind of behavior doesn't sit well with me and is also what disappoints me the most about this board and the punk community in general.

* I also don't feel you deserve your own thread just because your friends with the moderator, but whatever.  I hope you understand where I am coming from. Peace.

i don't have any specific memory of an instance like this. my memories of the board include being the moderator of the tour section and specifically helping all sorts of bands get shows, as well as booking a ton wherever i lived. i don't believe i have ever made a habit of talking down to anyone who plays music on a message board, especially this one where i have been active in the community for 12 or more years and have made a ton of friends through it.

i am truly sorry if i am forgetting an instance where i was mean to a new person, but i truly believe you've either mixed me up with someone, or have a distorted memory concerning this.

regardless, your tone and aggression in your original post is unwarranted and unnecessary. solving problems comes from a good, consistent line of communication. i am happy to foster that, but you've been hostile and accusatory without any real facts being presented. this doesn't really present any reason for me to treat you, nor your accusations, with respect... but here i am trying to do so because i want a better understanding of what upset you.

as for the thread about my music, jer covered it in his last message. as previously stated i have been involved in this community for a long time, and furthermore have rarely used it as a platform to promote what i have been doing. this thread was to share something i have been working on for a long time with a group of people i feel comfortable around, and it seems you are the only person who is taking issue with me using it as such.

kw

furthermore, the only recollections i have of ever posting negative things about anyone on this board are the few times we had accused abusers, people who harassed others, & rape apologists around. xjeremyx, alex from baltimore, and applesandonions all come to mind as specific instances of that.

rory

I have zero recollection of kw being discouraging to new folks? Although my memory of who says what on here is pretty awful, and most of what I remember about kw still involves the weird kw is dead thing that happened many many years ago.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

jer

i am shocked, shocked i say, that he wasn't able to bring up anything specific.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

kw

Quote from: jer on March 20, 2015, 01:49:39 PM
i am shocked, shocked i say, that he wasn't able to bring up anything specific.

i am still a little perplexed by this whole thing. don't get me wrong, i've totally been an asshole before. i'd say these last 3-4 years i've made a huge conscious effort to be a more considerate, understanding, and communicative individual... i just don't think i've ever been a dick on this message board. so weird i say, so weird!

kw

http://noisey.vice.com/en_ca/blog/staff-picks-and-good-shit-for-the-week-of-march-27

we were a staff pick of the week at vice magazine's noisey website. ignore the whole "they got our band name wrong" thing haha.

kw

rory

I just saw your band in relation to something else, probably while I was on tour but now I cannot remember the context, and at the time I could not remember the context in which I knew the name Vile Creature.

This is not helpful.
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

kw

Quote from: rory on April 20, 2015, 09:15:12 AM
I just saw your band in relation to something else, probably while I was on tour but now I cannot remember the context, and at the time I could not remember the context in which I knew the name Vile Creature.

This is not helpful.

not at all, hahaha. intrigued to hear your thoughts if they come back to you rory! hope tour was amazing!

kw

Stinkbug

This is crazy good! I'm sorry I missed you guys in Philly, should've listened sooner.

kw

Quote from: Stinkbug on May 30, 2015, 11:00:41 AM
This is crazy good! I'm sorry I missed you guys in Philly, should've listened sooner.

thanks =]. its cool, the philly show was fun but insanely packed for sheer mag and priests and downtown boys... it was kind of a hectic nightmare of fun

rory

kw

naturally we miss each other so very narrowly! im stoked to play ground zero though, never been but heard so much