Pet peeves thread

Started by ramblinrabble, July 31, 2014, 01:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramblinrabble

I really hate it how in TV and movies, whenever someone is talking on a cell phone and gets hung up on, they get a dial tone.  I get that you want the audience to know that they hung up, but show me one fucking cell phone that gets a dial tone.  They really need to start working the standard cell phone disconnect single beep so we can progress together as a species

Anna Karina

I hate that in almost every show and movie, no one says hello or goodbye when they're on the phone.

Common courtesy, ya bozos!

BagginSagginBrian

When you call some one and their voice mail has no message or name just numbers.

jer

people leaving me voicemail instead of just texting.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

Anna Karina

pronetoaccidents

stupid or old dads who call and say "hey it's so and so".. yes, we know it's you. it's not like the first phone ever invented
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

ramblinrabble

Quote from: jer on July 31, 2014, 09:28:03 PM
people leaving me voicemail instead of just texting.

I'm ok with it if its a long message that wouldn't translate to text as well, but the voicemails that are just "Oh hey, I called.  Call me back." are the most annoying.  There is no need for me to go to call a number, wait for prompts, type in another number, wait for prompts, press a number to listen to my message just for a message giving me information I already gained forty seconds ago when I saw that I missed your call.

AaronTheCabe

USE A BLINKER DAMN IT ITS NOT THAT HARD!
STOP TAILING ME LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT (only to turn into a neighborhood after passing me)
FIRE WALK WITH ME GODDAMN IT!
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

Joe

Ring tones. I don't understand why people need them.  If vibrate isn't enough, then you are too far away from your phone for a ring tone, anyway.

Dog owners who don't keep their dog in check. 

Auto drivers who feel entitled to be a jerk at everyone, whether it be pedestrians, cyclists, or other autos.

michaelcopeland

When people use the word literally in a way that makes no sense. Example: That joke was so funny I literally just died.

When people say something is ironic when its really just coincidental.

ramblinrabble

Quote from: michaelcopeland on August 01, 2014, 01:58:40 PM
When people use the word literally in a way that makes no sense. Example: That joke was so funny I literally just died.

When people say something is ironic when its really just coincidental.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ly1UTgiBXM

skateandannoy

https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

Anna Karina

Quote from: Joe on August 01, 2014, 11:49:39 AM
Ring tones. I don't understand why people need them.  If vibrate isn't enough, then you are too far away from your phone for a ring tone, anyway.
This isn't true.

Courtney

No one can convince me to change or turn off my 69 Boyz "Tootsee Roll" ringtone.

Joe

My biggest beef with ringtones is at work, when someone ventures far away while their phone is still on their desk.  It might be funny the first 17 times you hear their Tootsee Roll ringtone loop over-and-over at full volume.

Joe

Also, I think I hate the word "beef".

ramblinrabble

lindsey

lindsey

i hate when people getting on the train crowd around the door and block the people who are coming off. WE HAVE TO GET OFF SO THERE IS ROOM FOR YOU, YOU STUPID ASSHOLES

when people(men) can't read the LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE social cues

people who are hideously entitled

yeah i guess brett pretty much nailed it with "people". i also have a metric fuck ton of retail-worker specific pet peeves. being forced to cheerfully serve the general public is a real fucking bummer most days.

lindsey

oh also apparently the "walk on the right side of the sidewalk/aisle" rule didn't make it to the west coast or portland or something, sometimes walking down the street is like a goddamned obstacle course

also when people walk three deep as slow as humanly possibly through enclosed corridors which completely blocks you from being able to get around them so you're just stuck behind these assholes until you get mad enough to plow through them.

lindsey

people who act like their cultural snobbery is anything other than thinly veiled classism

lindsey

lindsey

i've been thinking about this all morning guys

jer

Quote from: lindsey on August 08, 2014, 09:24:14 AM
oh also apparently the "walk on the right side of the sidewalk/aisle" rule didn't make it to the west coast or portland or something

Yeah, is this really a thing? As a west coaster, I've literally never heard that this was some unwritten rule. Seems kind of stupid... I'm not going to stay to one side and get stuck behind all the other assholes going slow on that side.

jer

Quote from: lindsey on August 08, 2014, 09:24:14 AM
also when people walk three deep as slow as humanly possibly through enclosed corridors which completely blocks you from being able to get around them so you're just stuck behind these assholes until you get mad enough to plow through them.

wait how come in corridors you can walk on the left side, but not in aisles and on sidewalks? everything about the east coast is so dumb.