+/- Thread

Started by AaronTheCabe, June 10, 2014, 02:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindsey

Quote from: jer on September 23, 2014, 10:54:31 AM
Quote from: lindsey on September 23, 2014, 10:44:18 AM
I guess that makes me a shitty person

Company loyalty to an employer that doesn't give a shit about you isn't admirable. You're not a shitty person for not caring about those who don't care about you.

Thanks buddy. I definitely feel like I've given this company plenty of time and plenty of chances, but when my job starts to be a dark cloud over my whole life, and I have another, crazy amazing company that wants to come work for them, I can't justify putting myself through this anymore.

Anyway, on that note, I got the job! It's as a virtual receptionist and the place is, like I said, crazy amazing. They've won all these awards for being the best small company to work for in the US and I got a tour of the office yesterday and it's like magical land of happiness. It's like a call center on ecstasy. They have a huge laundry list of employee perks and benefits and I just can't wait. Plus I'll be working office hours for the first time ever and I won't be having my life threatened by shoplifters anymore!!!!

I'm going to tell my boss today... She's going to be soooo pissed. woooo 

jer

Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

Phitney

Congrats, Lindsey!! Happy for ya

momitsnowme

Awesome!! Congratulations!!

Semi

+ Wrote a song about Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hillary, the first people to climb Mount Everest.
+ Wrote a song about honeybees and how cool they are, it's going to be called Natures Little Communists.
I play accordian/guitar and sing together with my girlfriend who plays ukulele in our band Lagom, we sing songs about the internal contradictions of capital and watching Rupauls Dragrace.

rory

- I have never thrown up from just drinking beer until last night. I feel totally awful.
- Going out to the bar by myself and drinking alone, really bad choice
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

AaronTheCabe

Quote from: rory on October 02, 2014, 09:35:24 AM
- I have never thrown up from just drinking beer until last night. I feel totally awful.
- Going out to the bar by myself and drinking alone, really bad choice

woke up with a bit of hangover? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdlXGmtNy_g

i hope that made you laugh! all peace

ac
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

kw

+ thou's record heathen has kind of defined every positive and negative moment ive had this year. it is making me feel really important things when i am sad to help me feel better, and it is making me appreciate how great things are when i am doing well. fuck i missed loving music.

rory

+for the first time that I'm aware of since my partner, someone had a crush on me
-/+ Had to tell them I am in a monogamous relationship that is important to me
+ That's a positive mostly in that, even when we are apart, I feel really good and grounded in what my partner and I have. It's also positive because it's flattering, and it's positive to meet other queer kids that resonate with me, even if I do not feel like being romantically involved with anyone except my partner.
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

lindsey

thanks for the encouragement guys! the first week and a half of my new job has been INTENSE! I really like it though and I'm meeting really rad people. now i wake up every morning at 6 and go to bed every night at 10. it's so wild. I'm getting used to the schedule pretty well and am starting to consider joining a gym to get more exercise now that I actually have energy. on the down side, my fucking old boss didn't enter my separation in the system until almost a week after I left, so I'm having to wait almost two weeks for my final paycheck, when it's supposed to come on the first business day after your last day if you give at least 48 hrs notice. Which I did. The brightside is I'm getting paid out for my PTO so my check is like $600 more! wooooo 

also me and gary are getting a hedgehog!!!!!

jer

If you're not naming it sonic then it's a waste of a good hedgehog.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

Phitney

Post pictures of the hedgehog when you get it!!

AaronTheCabe

+/- while i am still horribly suicidal to the point that i've been writing letters to put in envelopes for specific people, i am 2 week clean from last time i smoked meth. i went back to it for some reason and hit it hard. to get sober and stay that way i told my parents, gave my father my debit card, and gave my password to my online banking. basically giving me complete control of my finances. i should have done this a long time as its really the best way to keep me from making bad choices after seeing whatever various triggers that make me want to do it.

kid.

+i just remembered pix board after being busy with life and things for too long.
+just remembered Algernon existing this morning so im listening to that right now.
-missing carey and anthony and melody and the man cave before it was the crucial fun house and not even that anymore.
+i get to do a really fun tattoo tomorrow and im nervous but excited because it was really fun to draw.
+Love life is lingering on the back burner while i try to progress in the art territory
-kt is in oregon and should be here

dakotafloyd

Give me a tattoo, friend!

- Coworker is having to put down his dog (only 10 months old), and he's devastated.
+ Student teaching is going really well.
+ Got to talk (and take selfies) with John Lewis and his assistant Andrew Aydin today:

21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

kw

- was let go from a job i loved, without cause nor reason. laws in ontario state that within the first 3 months of working, the proprietor doesn't need a reason to let someone go. just that happened, even though as early as 5 days prior the owners told me how happy they were to have me there. it sucks, puts me in a precarious position financially, and sets me back in a time when i was focusing really hard on getting my mental health in order.

+ i have been playing music again recently after four-ish years of not doing so. it is weird, but it has been really positive to be playing as i work on figuring out what space in my life music can healthfully take up. we've been playing for a few months and the band is called "vile creature," it is kinda blackened doom metal-ish and i really enjoy what we have been writing,

AaronTheCabe

States in the US that have the "right to work" law (which means right to fire, gotta love out politicians name their bills to mean the exact opposite of what they are) have the same thing, you can fire anyone for anything with no written reason within first 90 days

bee

- i spent ages being sad and down on myself over the latter part of summer and i feel like that didn't put me in the best position still being relatively new to the city/country/continent
- all that kinda led to a relationship going sorta weird
+ but that all has seemed to have given me a bit of a shake and now i'm trying to do things about it
- but seeing a doctor about mental health stuff when you're not eligible to be covered by healthcare is not easy
+/- so i'm generally pretty up and down right now but trying to be okay

rory

+ My partner is moving back into town and leaving school!
- But not for another 2 months
- She'll probably not be happy to move back here, and soon find another school program, even further away, to look into. I'm happy for her but worried about what it means for me/us.
- I've been requiring a lot of attention these days, and I feel like my mental stability is slipping further with each week. I'm falling into habits that I should be and have been beyond.
+ At least I know myself well enough that I wont do anything that will hurt anyone else in the process. If I start slipping towards something more destructive than where I am now, there will be many more warning signs prior.

AaronTheCabe

my post halloween thoughts: Doing good deeds and favors and thoughtful things in leu of halloween activities isn't so bad. listening to dakota floyd's live UTC stuff at 6am having had no sleep because i drank too much beer to the point where if i did go to sleep, i wouldn't wake up in time to do my last good deed of the week, so i have to stay up and sober up. his music is going well with my ambigious feelings.

he's a much better musician than me and always says thanks after finishing a song. its making me smile

bee

+ i'm figuring out a lot of mental health stuff and feelings towards myself
+ been discussing hangouts and makeouts with a cutie
+ working on ways to maximise my creativity
+ planning a trip to california after christmas
+ been bonding super well with one of my roommates and am very glad that person exists in my life
- still feeling a little off about aforementioned relationship going weird although it seems to be on a better path now
- still feeling a little shaky as far as mental stability goes, but it could be and has been much worse

Phitney

----- My paycheck from my job potentially bounced. The bank is going to try again tomorrow (I tried to cash it last Thursday), but if it doesn't go through (for the third time), it will have officially been rejected due to insufficient funds. Fuck my company.
- I learned about a lot of shady shit my company is doing, as well
- Late paying rent because of possibly bounced paycheck
- I found out I'm not getting PTO or sick pay benefits that I'm supposed to have as a salaried employee, either. Just another thing to add to the list of "Things I was promised by my company that have not been delivered" along with commission, health insurance, and working no more than 50 hours per week.

I've had my fears of my paychecks bouncing because I know my company isn't doing so well, but I never thought it would actually happen. If it doesn't go through tomorrow, I don't know what to do. I'm looking into the labor laws applicable to this situation, so I'll be prepared to talk to my boss about it.

lindsey

+++++ weed is legal in oregon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

michaelcopeland

+ played a show with Walter Mitty last night and it went great!
- rick scott is still our governer
+ I've decided to go straight edge and I've been sober for almost 2 weeks now
-- rick scott is still our governer
+/- I may move to Bentonville, Arkansas soon and work for Wal-Mart. Although I'm not happy about working for a company this big, I may finally be presented with an opportunity to get back on my feet.

rory

Keep up the good work on your sobriety, even though it'll be difficult with all I've heard about Rick Scott.

+ I had a really solid halloween. It was an event without going overboard.
+ I am contemplating cutting drinking out of my life, or taking it way down in the new year. I don't drink a ton, but I drink like a beer or two on the frequent, and I can see myself becoming much like my parents going this way.
-/+ In my neighborhood on halloween some fliers of a guy many of us know from local bands and from being a general character was circulated with info about him lying, manipulating, infidelity, knowingly spreading STIs, and threatening suicide in order for someone to get an abortion. It's got the whole neighborhood talking, and it is definitely bringing to light a lot of stuff that was only vaguely on rumor level for some time, but is coming out concrete in numbers. Some aspects of how this is being handled are going to create an unnecessary rift, but I think other aspects are doing a good job to give people awareness and protection from chronically shitty behavior. This is 3-4 years in the making in a way. I don't know. It's very complicated.
-/+ Two of my housemates that have been here for the last 3.5 years are moving out with less than a months notice. The short notice puts us in a bind, but it does mean that people get to shuffle around to better rooms, and hopefully we'll get a new person in the house that contributes to the house in meaningful ways.
+ I am currently involved in 7 musical projects?