presidential election predictions

Started by pronetoaccidents, March 02, 2016, 10:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronTheCabe

Quote from: BlakeK on March 27, 2016, 03:57:46 PM
That makes sense. Indiana is generally one of the first states called for Republicans but I believe Obama may have won the state in '08 so it isn't completely automatic. I do see a lot of Trump bumper stickers so it may go to him pretty quickly.

Would anyone vote for Bernie Sanders as a 3rd party candidate? It sounds good but it would only take from Clinton and help Republicans in my opinion but I may be wrong. Anyone feel differently?

No one with morals *not in a swing state* should write in Bernie if he doesn't get the nomination. The problem I forsee is Cruz, by and far scarier than Trump in terms of policy. We're talking about a literal theocratic who could nominate judges to overturn Roe vs. Wade and will begin the dismantling of the first amendment. It'll start small, creationism in schools, more christian doctrine obvious within government. From their, they'll make sure Islam and anything else can be treated with the same equality. A slippery slope. His economic advisor is one of the top men who helped cause the recession of '08.... while many neoconservatives have already come on record saying they would vote for hillary over trump [if that's not telling of her actual policy I don't know what is], there has been talk of putting everything behind Cruz at convention. If trump runs third party, you give democrat victory. If Trump doesn't run third party, in swing states you vote could help prevent the growing evangelical and ignorant culture brewing throughout the country from taking over with their sky god and anti-science madness.

After learning Hillary's [and Bill's] actual policy, I can no longer use the term democrat to describe myself, especially if she wins the nomination, and double so if she loses popular vote on pledged delegates but super delegates don't switch to Bernie [very unlikely, superdelegates have always gone with the popular vote, but then again, the super delegate system is not very old]

The best scenario if Bernie isn't elected is the destruction of the democrat party whilst simultaneously a broked GOP convention which destroys the GOP. From the ashes hopefully a four party system of progressive, libertarian, and whatever is left of GOP and Democrats.

Alternate media recommendations:

Secular Talk [radio/youtube]
The David Pakmon Show [radio/some tv/youtube]
The Benjamin Dixon Show [small New York based radio/community tv/youtube, focus on bringing the African American politics to the true progressive side.]
and of course NPR, PBS NewsHour, and Democracy Now

TYT ...meh, occasionally.

Representative to watch for: Nina Turner and Elizabeth Warren
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

BlakeK

I agree that Cruz is more dangerous. I doubt that he gets the nomination given his recent sex scandal. I know that it's not a big shock anymore when a man who claims to be for family values and is a conservative bible thumper has numerous affairs but I think it will cause conservatives on the fence to abandon Cruz altogether.

The last time I voted, I didn't see where I could write in a candidate. I don' know how much good that would do just because the majority of his supporters will not write him in. I don't even know how the whole "write in" process works as far as rules and regulations. I don't think a person is immoral simply  because they vote for Hillary. I think they may be misguided or uninformed or else they are fine with the status quo which is what Hillary represents to me. I honestly don't know he many folks out there are thinking, "things are going well as is and I like the path the country is on" but there probably are such people.

As far as a shake up of the system, I don't think it will happen any time soon. It's unfortunate but people as a whole aren't going to push for change. I think it's hard to push for change just because it's hard to identify how and where to start and what that process will look like.

I have watched videos from the sources you recommend. You should check out the Rubin Report (he used to be on TYT but left presumably due to disagreements regarding how to address the issue of Islam and terrorism). There's an anarcho capitalist from Canada names Stefan Melanoux (spelling is incorrect) who claims to be all about reason and logic. He fancies himself as a philosopher but he's been called a cult leader. I think you would enjoy arguing with him. He's got a shitload of videos and is in my opinion pretty intellectually dishonest.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

BlakeK

Aaron, I recommended Dave Rubin but lately he's been leaning awfully right and seems to have come to the conclusion he's a libertarian. I've been having a hard time finding any online news sources that I really enjoy. I like David Pakman the most at the moment, though I've found his show to be kind of tabloidish in the past. At first I liked that Rubin was having people with hard right views because I like the discussion. It just gets annoying when they're not challenged.

I don't know what to do as far as voting now that Bernie is pretty much through. I am so sick of how Bernie and his views have been portrayed in both mainstream and online media.

BlakeK

I think I'm going to vote libertarian this year if Hillary is the democratic nominee. I disagree with him on a lot of stuff but Gary Johnson seems like a relatively good guy. I might vote for Jill Stein even though I don't know anything about her and doubt she's on the ballot in Indiana. Who are you guys considering voting for? Obviously I like Bernie Sanders but California will most likely be the final nail. You never know, though! They said the same thing about Indiana and he won.

jer

Hillary is awful but Gary Johnson isn't better. He's Ron Paul lite.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

BlakeK

Quote from: jer on May 30, 2016, 02:10:23 AM
Hillary is awful but Gary Johnson isn't better. He's Ron Paul lite.
You're right. I did more research last night and it wouldn't be a good move on my part. I was just going off of a clip I saw on Joe Rogan's podcast. The things I like were emphasized but you're right about him not being a good choice overall. Jill Stein?

BlakeK

I went on isidewith.com and it says that Hillary and Jill Stein are tied for 2nd best fit for me (Bernie Sanders is first).  Of course that's based on what she says she stands for and policies she claims she supports but what she actually will do and has done is another story. This is all so frustrating!

pronetoaccidents

how is hilary still running, let alone not facing criminal charges
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

skateandannoy

Quote from: pronetoaccidents on May 31, 2016, 08:46:39 AM
how is hilary still running, let alone not facing criminal charges
Because the rich and the powerful can get away with anything. I'm amazed she's still winning despite her low approval rating. I know the party is doing everything in their power to give her the upper hand but damn. The silver lining of this election is that the Democratic Party has made it abundantly clear that they would rather risk losing by pushing Hillary (even though Bernie has a projected double digit lead over Trump were they facing off in November) than put in someone that would change the way the country is run.

They are more afraid of Sanders than Trump. If that doesn't say something to the public about where the allegiances of the "people's party" lies I don't know what does. Hopefully after another four years of red/ blue Washington cold war we can finally elect someone that will do something about our problems!
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

jer

Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

skateandannoy

Quote from: jer on July 05, 2016, 10:27:40 AM
Quote from: jer on March 04, 2016, 10:13:41 AM
Quote from: skateandannoy on March 04, 2016, 09:39:11 AM
What happens if Clinton gets indicted? This election cycle is fucked up.
meh. won't happen.

teehee.
I mean, I knew that would happen. My original post was hypothetical, referring to how thoroughly messed up this election is. It's amazing that both parties brought the absolute worst possible candidates to the table this year. I guess that's the state of America and its politics: bottom of the barrel.

What a stupid world.
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

BlakeK

I'm going to go in and vote for Hillary in November. I've been through all of the stages of grieving and have reached acceptance. Jill Stein is not going to cancel my student loan debt for my contribution to what will amount realistically to her pulling 1-2% of the popular vote. Donald Trump scares me too much not to vote for his most threatening rival.

BlakeK

This probably belongs in a separate thread but what the fuck is going on in Britain? The prime minister resigns after the whole Brexit fiasco and now the two doofuses who led the movement to leave the EU have said that they aren't running for prime minister despite the fact that they are both at the height of their political careers. What the fuck is going on over there? No one wants to be prime minister?

The whole Brexit deal reminds me so much of the Trump candidacy in that I don't think he would know what to do if he were to become president, just as Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage don't know what to do now that they've fucked up and actually achieved an end that they never thought would actually happen. I guess they don't make demagogues like they used to.