My wife's ex husband is an asshole

Started by BlakeK, July 09, 2015, 09:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeK

Just came here to vent. My wife's ex husband, Bryan, was physically abusive and well as severely emotionally abusive. She feared for her life when she was with him and was finally mentally strong enough to leave a few years ago. They are in a custody battle right now and even though there is a no contact order, he keeps messaging her (he is allowed to talk about the kids to her but that's supposed to be it). He makes threats to sue, is demanding, won't acknowledge ever doing anything wrong despite being convicted with evidence that leaves no doubt, is condescending, and is a fucking sociopath. She has me screen his emails to leave out that sort of thing when I relay messages. They've been going back and forth with me helping her find the words to say as she just wants to tell him to fuck off which would look bad in court, as he brings all of the emails in even when they are damning for hi,. He doesn't realize that he looks bad. Bryan wants Amanda to "talk like an adult about the kids future but when she tries he uses the tactics described above. When called out on this, he says she's misreading his emails and he couldn't possibly be communicating in that manner because it is "female speech".  Talking to him is like talking to an evil robot as he does not seem to have real emotions or a grasp on reality. He's former military and thinks that he's an American hero. I hope him and hope he gets hit by a truck. End of rant.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

DAF

Hope things get resolved and you two get to move on with your lives. My gf's ex is an asshole too. He might as well drop a bag of rice off on the doorstep once a month for all he helps or cares.

I'll pass your wish for a violent Mack-induced death on to the prayer group when we get together for beer pong on Sunday.
Dominus Nabisco. May the assholes all be consumed in burning hemorrhoidal flames. Amen.
Laws are for people who can't police themselves.
Anarchy: It's like government for grown ups.

momitsnowme

Ugh, he sounds awful. I'm sorry you have to deal with him

AaronTheCabe

i'd like to ask him in a court of law,"what *exactly* is female speech?"
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

mama

BlakeK

Quote from: AaronTheCabe on July 10, 2015, 05:33:40 AM
i'd like to ask him in a court of law,"what *exactly* is female speech?"
The judge presiding over the case is a woman. She usually won't read the emails we submit but hopefully she will read that one.

skateandannoy

I'm so sorry Blake, what a nightmare.
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

BlakeK

Well, I think the keys to getting him to be civil and to engage in behaviors that at least somewhat resemble a caring human being are going to me and Amanda being nice to him, pretending like he did not abuse her, and pretending this is just a run of the mill divorce. I may even have to pretend to like him. I guess when you deal with a manipulative asshole you also have to be a bit manipulative. It's exhausting talking to him. This whole situation sucks. I just wish he would allow me to adopt the kids or at least the one who is younger and all for the adoption. I know that's not going to happen. It would require him to actually consider other people's feelings and that's just too much for him to handle.