the petitioners in these cases demonstrate, marriage
embodies a love that may endure even past death. It
would misunderstand these men and women to say they
disrespect the idea of marriage. Their plea is that they do
respect it, respect it so deeply that they seek to find its
fulfillment for themselves. Their hope is not to be condemned
to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization's
oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the
eyes of the law. The Constitution grants them that right.
  The judgment of the Court of Appeals for the Sixth
Circuit is reversed.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

BlakeK

Quote from: BagginSagginBrian on June 27, 2015, 07:12:34 PM
I still won't marry the State.
I don't think the State is into you either.

In all seriousness, this is awesome and the statement is spot on. Kennedy's fellow conservative judges are pissed!
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

rory

My partner and I are still not gonna get married but if y'all want to add to the pool of money to buy us a Dyson, we really want one.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

momitsnowme

Anna Karina

Keeping sharks around in your house just seems like an even bigger problem, sheesh.

rory

Quote from: momitsnowme on June 28, 2015, 10:37:59 PM
Rory, I love our shark and it is cheaper!

Everyone keeps saying this to me, and I feel like I'm so deluded in my want for a Dyson that I refuse to hear it.
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

BlakeK

Quote from: rory on June 29, 2015, 08:31:56 AM
Quote from: momitsnowme on June 28, 2015, 10:37:59 PM
Rory, I love our shark and it is cheaper!

Everyone keeps saying this to me, and I feel like I'm so deluded in my want for a Dyson that I refuse to hear it.
I've got a shark too and I have to agree that it's pretty awesome. God I'm getting old.

momitsnowme

Yeah....the most interactive discussion on the board in months and it is about vaccuums. What have we become?

Anna Karina

BlakeK

Old and boring. This board is like a dying town with a handful of holdouts who refuse to let go. I wonder what happened to everyone who used to post. It would be cool if they would pop in and say hello. The funny part is that for the longest time I was too intimidated to post because I thought I wouldn't fit in. I wish I would have met people at PIX Fest who post. Same thing, though, scared of not fitting in. Oh well, at least I have my Shark.

Brett posted when I was writing. I'll bet that kid wherever he is doesn't even have a vaccuum cleaner. You can't quit bring the shit if you don't even have a fucking vaccuum.

skateandannoy

Such a good closing statement. My vacuum is like 20 years old and it works really well. I don't know who makes it though.
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

Courtney

We have a Shark at the office and that thing rules, but I've also never used a Dyson.

And I don't own a vacuum because I have a tiny apartment with hardwood floors.

momitsnowme

Yeah, I guess I might completely change my mind if I tried a Dyson.

rory

Y'all are warming my old and boring heart by having opinions on high quality vacuums.

My favorite thing is how I've been reading posts about "how this board is dying" on any forum I've ever posted on since 2004. But truthfully, yeah, the activity on this board is pretty lacking. It happens, it's insular and has gone through a few major losses. Plus this board has never been lacking in truly involved with things individuals. Everyone has interests and activities or at the very least an incredibly demanding job. On this board and pretty much every board the only thing that really rallies activity is someone saying and doing things that get a rise out of the majority of posters, whether on purpose or not. So I guess it's kind of good that the most involved discussion in awhile is about vacuums.

BlakeK

I know in the past people have talked about lack of activity on the PIX board but it was always up and down. I would be really interested in knowing what past board members are doing because I suspect quite a few of them are completely different people.

Anna Karina

Really this board was still somewhat active until Jer done goofed up and deleted everything. I think a lot of people who used to post here forgot their previous name, or are too lazy to sign back up, and just stopped posting altogether.

And also most people aren't 15 anymore and got a life because they're losers.

Let's bring Paul Baribeau back, eh?

jer

The board was down to like a post or two a week before i fucked it up. I remember it being so dead I almost didn't bother bringing it back.

Now we're up to like 3 posts a week. I'm a hero.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

Phitney

I haven't posted in a while, but I'm here to say hooray for the Supreme Court and Dysons are great. I used to sell vacuums and the Shark is pretty comparable to the Dyson. I still want a Dyson, though. My mom has one and it's amazing and I want to steal it from her.

momitsnowme

Any tips for not getting gobs of hair wrapped around the brush? Or for cleaning it out when that inevitably happens?

Phitney

I'm not sure how to prevent it, but in the past I've just used scissors to cut the hair and then pulled it out. Some vacuum cleaners allow you to take the roller completely out (I thiiiiiink some Shark vacuums have that capability), which makes it way easier.

momitsnowme

Yeah, I spent like half an hour with scissors the other day. I think I just need to do it each time instead of waiting til there's so much that it stops it from spinning

BlakeK

Quote from: SHARK on June 30, 2015, 08:29:43 AM
YES, SHARK IS SUPERIOR TO ALL
Yes! I was awaiting your arrival and you didn't disappoint! You have given me hope to all.

I also just use scissors to cut the hair out. I don't see how women have any hair on their heads as much of it I find while cleaning. It's everywhere in every room!

I usually cut it out every other week. I do a pretty good job of cleaning the filter once a month. There's another filter that needs changed but less often. I need to find the instructions and figure out when it needs changed and how much they are. Does anyone know off hand?

Irrelevant Facts

Your chances of being killed by a vending machine are actually twice as large as your chance of being bitten by a shark.