favorite mainstream newscaster?

Started by BlakeK, June 25, 2015, 08:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeK

This is going to shock people but Shepard Smith at Fox News does a damn good job and is entertaining. His hour report is the only good hour during s Fox News day. I'm not quite sure how he hasn't been fired as he has criticized Fox News while on Fox News. He also is the only one taking the other hosts to task. He's not as critical as I would like him to be, though it's a start.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

momitsnowme

I listen to all things considered and morning edition on npr!

lindsey

Anna Karina

Newscasters weird me out. They aren't people.

BagginSagginBrian

I have a huge crush on Erin Bernet. Not saying she's a good news person, just dreamy.

BagginSagginBrian

Quote from: BlakeK on June 25, 2015, 08:38:19 PM
This is going to shock people but Shepard Smith at Fox News does a damn good job and is entertaining. His hour report is the only good hour during s Fox News day. I'm not quite sure how he hasn't been fired as he has criticized Fox News while on Fox News. He also is the only one taking the other hosts to task. He's not as critical as I would like him to be, though it's a start.
They keep him just so all the other hosts and fans can say "see we have Shepard Smith, We are impartial and fair and balanced"

ramblinrabble

Aaron

Quote from: BagginSagginBrian on June 26, 2015, 12:37:09 AM
I have a huge crush on Erin Bernet. Not sayings a good news person, just dreamy.

pronetoaccidents

Though lovers be lost love shall not.

BlakeK

BlakeK

Quote from: BagginSagginBrian on June 26, 2015, 12:39:05 AM
Quote from: BlakeK on June 25, 2015, 08:38:19 PM
They keep him just so all the other hosts and fans can say "see we have Shepard Smith, We are impartial and fair and balanced"
Lots of people say that and I tend to agree to an extent. I think it goes slightly beyond that sometimes as I have seen him completely destroy the narrative that all hosts have pushed for that day and have also seen him take shots at other Fox News employees. He also has a charm about hime. I should probably listen to NPR more. I usually only watch Shepard Smith clips online. The person I watch daily is Amy Goodman of Democracy Now! John Oliver is great but there's only so much he can cover in 30 minutes a week.

Here's a Shep Smith video I like:

http://youtu.be/GkMqvy-D5hM

skateandannoy

Jon Stewart, John Oliver, everything on NPR and Democracy Now. Surprised to not see any love for Larry Wilmore, The Nightly Show is so good.
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang