+/- Thread

Started by AaronTheCabe, June 10, 2014, 02:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovelyseaside

+ oh & posting on this board is great and i am happy to be back on here :)

bee

+ i just ate some nice pizza
+/- finally talking some stuff out with someone who made me feel pretty sad before i left the uk
- i need money
+ i am happy alexis is here

dakotafloyd

+ (Kinda) New Endless Mike and the Beagle Club record
+ Other friend named Mike is putting out a new record tomorrow.
+ 4.0 my first semester of grad school.
+ Going on my first solo tour in five years in a month.
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

AaronTheCabe

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

Joe

Quote from: dakotafloyd on July 14, 2014, 08:23:39 PM
+ 4.0 my first semester of grad school.

Congrats on the 4.0 dakota.  Also, one time I wrote "www.internet.com"(or something similar) on some outgoing mail to you when I was visiting Cairo, just because I recognized your name from PIXboard as I was going through a stack.

+my new job has gotten super awesome in the last year, and I just got a huge raise and I feel like I'm worth it.
+an analog audio electronics class that wouldn't admit outside majors is now opening an online certificate program and I'm enrolled this semester.
+My hackerspace just moved into a 3300 square foot warehouse, and its biking distance.  4-years ago we had 120 square feet downtown. 2 years ago we moved into 1500, but it was really far away and I rarely went.

-I've been feeling slightly distanced from all of my best friends for the past 6 months. . .   Some seem addicted to nostalgia, some seem stuck in the limbo of pubs, and others seem trapped behind their own eyes.

+I'm beginning to not feel so guilty about being an artist.   

bee

+ today i got some of the soap i make up for sale in a shop in toronto for the first time since being here so that's pretty exciting for me
+ the sewing machine i ordered off the internet arrived today yay
+ i ordered some cute boots (calf-high black vegan doc martens)
- been having a stressful time contacting my ex to get back money/some of my things that appear to be taking me months to get back
+/- i start a second job on tuesday. yay extra money but boo i'll be working 7 days a week. not all full days but still, one day completely off would be nice

kw

- today someone destroyed my bike (snapped the handlebars, bent the fork, broke the wheel, bent the frame, brakes, etc. its like they drove into it repeatedly with a scooter or took a bat to it.) they also left a note on my bike that read "fagot." they couldn't even put the second g in.

momitsnowme

Wtf, that is awful, kw. I'm sorry. :(

AaronTheCabe

i'm sorry the world is shit KW. you shouldn't have to experience that. i can't imagine that kind of hate for hate's sake.

i''m giving up on hope and life personally. not that i think it matters much. sayin'

Courtney

What in the fuck, kw. I wonder if they were targeting you specifically, or just looking for a nice bike to smash up. Either way, be careful, dude.

+Meds are working and I feel better than I have in a long time.
+Side effects include loss of appetite, which isn't bad when you're obese. Just making sure I get enough healthy calories every day.
+Friend that I thought I was squarely in the "friend" category with... not so much :).

Rapture Ready Blowhard

+  I'm starting on the job hunt again (my supervisors at work are super supportive, by the way), and for a while it was slim pickings, but in the past couple of weeks I've been finding and applying to about five jobs a week or more.  Most of them are things I'm actually qualified to do, and I'd like to hope I have enough experience that I would at least be considered for them.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I'm pretty excited.

kw

yeah, people are awful. luckily i no longer work where i did so i don't park my bike there anymore, and truly don't go to that part of town ever. i got the bike fixed and it looks / rides great... unfortunately it cost a lot, but i am happy to have it back.

AaronTheCabe

-ready to die
but i ain't gonna die here. any thoughts on where i could go?

+glad kw got his bike fixed. i love biking, my bike is like ..i don't know... the way some people think of their cars as a part of them. except its a bike cause cars suck

rory

My bike received a little taped-on note about a local facebook closed queer group today. It's positive, obviously, but I can't help but feel a little wigged out that someone that I don't know has pieced me and my bike together.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

rory

- My partner and her cat just moved away, beginning what we are calling "relationship medium mode" status. Everything has been so easy with us, we communicate so well and work together so well, so this is a major hurdle we're taking.
- I bawled my little eyes out listening to her cat crying in the crate, I'm gonna miss him so much!
-/+ though I am mildly excited to have a room to myself again, it's still in bummer phase.
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

Phitney

Rory, that's so sad :( It seems like y'all have a pretty solid foundation, though, so I'm sure you guys can work through the distance. Also, this is an awesome opportunity to send each other neat things and letters in the mail!

+ Moving to Virginia Beach on Sunday
+ Excited to meet the new derby league and meet all of the roommates and explore a new city!
- Had to say goodbye to my derby league last night
---- E-mails with my ex. He says he has regrets about our breakup. I'm sad but also angry. Sad because I miss him and thought we were going to be life partners and I was more in love with him than I've ever been with anyone. Angry because fuck yeah he should have regrets (broke up after we moved across the country together, while I had a broken ankle, and all because he took it upon himself to decide that I "needed" to be taken care of and then he couldn't provide me with that when he admittedly said he knew deep down it wasn't what I needed because I never led him to believe that and he knew I can take care of myself)
- Whyyyyyy can't I just get over this dude already!? It's been over 8 months since we broke up!

lindsey

knowing how i feel about my boo/our future plans together, if we ended up breaking up for whatever reason, i think it would take me way longer than 8 months to get over that. it's more than just losing your love and your partner, you have to grieve the death of the future you planned together, explicitly or  implicitly, and that can take a really fucking long time. i hope it's gotten and keeps getting easier buddy.

-/+ really really torn on my job situation. a friend recently got a new job as a virtual receptionist and the company she's working for seems really amazing and also the work seems REALLY EASY AND CHILL and once she gets permanent status (after 90 days) she gets a $2 raise and will be making more than what i'm making now, and she was a position below me at my current job. she is 100% sure i could get a job at the same place and i'm running out of reasons to stay where i am. i'm getting soooo burned out by all the shitty shit i have to deal with all day and the promises that were made to me are looking more and more like bullshit and my new manager who seemed really promising for training me is turning out to be kind of the worst. I have reasons to stay - I love the company i work for (most of the time) and i love working with clothes and rad ladies and i've made some pretty serious commitments to my district manager, plus the prospect of moving to alaska... but at this point i'm busting my ass to pick up the slack of everyone else, including my manager, and honestly that's all i've ever done at this store, despite being promised otherwise countless times. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DOOOOO

amanda

+ I have a job interview at the end of the week. 

dakotafloyd

+ Started the first stages of student teaching today!  I'm in a fifth grade joint Language Arts / Social Studies classroom.
- It's 25 miles from my house, and sometimes I have to go there straight from an overnight shift at work.
- Food poisoning.
+ Grad classes started back up today.  Seems like they're gonna be fairly fun.
- I'm in class from 4 - 10 PM straight.
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

Rapture Ready Blowhard

Quote from: dakotafloyd on August 26, 2014, 09:12:44 PM
+ Started the first stages of student teaching today!  I'm in a fifth grade joint Language Arts / Social Studies classroom.
- It's 25 miles from my house, and sometimes I have to go there straight from an overnight shift at work.

That's rough.  I worked a night shift at a hotel when I was in grad school, and one semester had to go from my job to six hours of classes (two classes, each of which were three hours long.)  Good luck!

dakotafloyd

Yeah, I've definitely got some really long days.  Nothing too unmanageable, though.

+ My fifth graders are great!  They say so many goofy things.
- Booking / Playing / Going to fewer shows.
+ Looking at PhD programs?  Kind of a weird feeling, but it seems absolutely achievable.
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

skateandannoy

I hate to bump this thread but,
+ I just schooled the living fuck out of an MRA #gamergate asshole on twitter and it felt so good to put that fucker in his place.
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

lindsey

+ i have a job interview at a reeeeally exciting company and i'm so stoked!
- i'd have to give a really short notice at my current job because training starts on MONDAY ack
+ they'd fucked me over so many times I'm not thhaaaaaaat broken up about it?? I guess that makes me a shitty person

jer

Quote from: lindsey on September 23, 2014, 10:44:18 AM
I guess that makes me a shitty person

Company loyalty to an employer that doesn't give a shit about you isn't admirable. You're not a shitty person for not caring about those who don't care about you.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

rory

+ I've been mostly adjusting to my partner being away at school and figuring out how to live alone again.
+ I love my room the way it's set up. It's a perfect productivity cave and I've been using it to great effect.
- My low-level constant anxiety is up, and I'm definitely reverting back to myself a few years ago with my in-group nervousness. Not having a person to fall back on is tough.
- I'm generally scheduled to work through the weekends, which are not only the hardest shifts my job has to offer, but because the tips are split instead of alone, also do not pay out as amply. I feel a bit like I'm being punished for being an employee who is up to snuff.
- Sometimes I worry I will never be able to get up the gumption to leave this job and try and embark on a new chapter of my life. I'm very attached to this job/this house/this city/this community but in some ways I feel like by not leaving I'm just limiting myself and taking the easy route.