i think i've learned to love pop punk again this summer

Started by tinybitsofheart, July 06, 2014, 04:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinybitsofheart

High Dive, Swearin', Crabapple--I've been feeling so good listening to this kinda stuff. I thought I'd gotten bored of pop punk but something changed I guess. What are y'all jamming to this summer??

rory

Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

tim

I've been listening to Crabapple a lot, yeah, and Dogbreth and Parasol.

Rapture Ready Blowhard

Chumped and Cayetana are in frequent rotation for me.

dakotafloyd

Been rockin' a lot of Street Eaters lately.  Blood:Muscles:Bones is one of the best records to come out this year.
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

Semi

Radiator Hospitals new record is absolutely fantastic. Other than that I've been spinning a lot of Caves and RVIVR who both hold a spot each in my top 3 favourite bands of all time.
I play accordian/guitar and sing together with my girlfriend who plays ukulele in our band Lagom, we sing songs about the internal contradictions of capital and watching Rupauls Dragrace.

dakotafloyd

Man, I just haven't been able to get into Radiator Hospital.

Not having a computer for awhile made me miss out on a big ol' chunk of music.  When I finally got one, I felt like all of my friends had new favorite bands that I didn't really care for...
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

kw

Quote from: dakotafloyd on July 07, 2014, 08:06:12 PM
I felt like all of my friends had new favorite bands that I didn't really care for...

this describes my life scrolling through the internet & my friends' presences on it.

rory

Sam of Rad Hos is a friend of mine, and I've been listening to his music since he was in high school, which I'm sure is a part of it. I'm super proud of him and know how much he puts into what he does, and how truly genuinely into creating music and DIY he is. He's been impressing me for over 5 years now, so I'm kind of personally invested in what he's up to.

That being said, way into his new album, listening to it a lot. But it's not really like any other music I get super excited for.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

dakotafloyd

Yeah!  I've heard nothing but good things about Sam.  Maybe it's one of those things that I'll need to see live / meet the person before I can really get into it.
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

lindsey

i felt like it was gonna hella relate to this thread but then it was all bands i'd never heard of

i listened to new found glory and the ataris the other day and it made me really happy

dakotafloyd

Which records?  I bumped "So Long Astoria" in the car a couple weeks ago.
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

lindsey

end is forever and the nfg st!

end is forever was my jaaaaaam in 10th grade

tinybitsofheart

Quote from: lindsey on July 08, 2014, 08:25:35 PM
end is forever and the nfg st!

end is forever was my jaaaaaam in 10th grade

New Found Glory's self-titled is still one of my favorite albums. I kinda wish I had seen them perform it live when they did the anniversary tour a couple years back. End is Forever and Blue Skies, Broken Hearts... are definitely pop punk classics or whatever the heck you wanna call them.

I'm glad I gave Radiator Hospital a chance. At first the vocals kinda turned me off and reminded me of a whinier Paul Baribeau, but now I'm really digging them and stoked for the new album to be released.

Uncle

I am now 31 years old and I still listen to tons of pop punk. Always finding new bands I dig. For alot of people its just a phase I guess. But it shouldnt be. Its tremendous fun in a world with not enough. Also, The Max Levine Ensemble is the reason i first started lurking this board way back in the day. How To Build..... is still one of my all time favorite albums ever ever. What a masterpiece. 

pronetoaccidents

i think all punk that's not hardcore is called poppunk these days and i'd like to state on the record that there's poppy punk and pop punk.. that being said i want to listen to the bananas everyday
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

bort

pronetoaccidents

Though lovers be lost love shall not.

IMAWRAETHTHU

WHOEVER YOU ARE, WHATEVER YOU DO, WHERE EVER YOU ARE, YOU DON'T DESERVE ABUSE!!!

SUR-VI-VOR!!!

IMAWRAETHTHU

WHOEVER YOU ARE, WHATEVER YOU DO, WHERE EVER YOU ARE, YOU DON'T DESERVE ABUSE!!!

SUR-VI-VOR!!!

michaelcopeland

I'm glad someone put Modern Baseball on here, great band! Joyce Manor is one of those bands that I really wanted to get in to, but just can't. There's also this band called The Caffiends that I've been super into lately.