Mnemonics (I have successfully built a mind palace)

Started by AaronTheCabe, July 03, 2014, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronTheCabe

I know i have posted here and there about having a true blue phobia of "dementia" and alzheimers, a serious probloem with memory (just as much an aspect of my depression as from my decade of drug use), and my passion for nootropic / smart drugs / cognitive enhancers whatever you want to call them

My mind palace is a store, a big box retail store. Blue for things that happened before i was 18 (like lowes home imporvement) orange for after (like homedepot). Aisle dealing with events that happened outside are filled with vines and sicks and stuff hanging around. Electricial and games likewise.
Aisle three, orange, first time hearing beethoven's 9th, first bay (favorites) at the bottom (first time). Half way up a with favorite expericens , the same 9th symphony, that night on LSD when it felt... when i experienced it.

and so on.

I am currently buildings and practices my mind palace. It IS a real thing, no just something made up for sherlock. I  have honestly and sadly lost all my will to live...and this is one way i am trying to find meaning in continuing to do so. I will create and build a mind balace so incredible that i may, just may, content for the memory olympics.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

pronetoaccidents

so this one time i took about 8 hits of really clear, super potent lsd from a trust friend kid/junkie buddy of mine. he started off as my heroin dealer and since i was meeting him multiple times a day to score for about a year, we got to talking and a friendship developed. we'd get high and have snowball fights and go sledding and go on his roof and shoot guns. his downstairs neighbor was deaf and didn't have the slightest clue that we were firing shotgun rounds a few feet from their useless ears. andway he somehow scored a batch that was saved in a freezer from the original oswald doses (oswald was connected with ken kesey and the acid tests and all that wacky wild mind blowed wide open type of shit) and

i took about 8 hits and all i can say is that yes, i am aware of what you are referring to as the mind palace, i just didn't know how to articulate it then or now. i feel that acid allows you to use more of your brain. everyone says that whole "we only use 10 percent of our brain" thing and i don't know where they get that from and if there's any scientific validity to that or if it's just some random arbitrary number someone said and told someone else and they told someone else and before you know it everyone assumes that's factual but if it is, hallucinogens definitely are the "doors of perception" as huxley famously wrote.

i remember each time i've tripped and it's been quite a bunch and i came out of each one a slightly different person.. well maybe not different, but more at peace, more accepting, less afraid of death and just generally enlightened. and no, i'm not a fucking hippie.
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

AaronTheCabe

ATTENTION! to all the haters to the misc. thread that Brett created.....

this is why he created that, because when we make complete threads like this one
the kind no one gives it a shit about
it makes the thread creator fell less bad about the small amount of responses
so YAY to the miscellaneous thread!
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast