Plan-It-X Soda Thread

Started by Semi, July 03, 2014, 05:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Semi

Today i drank Pepsi Max, today was the day I sold out.
I play accordian/guitar and sing together with my girlfriend who plays ukulele in our band Lagom, we sing songs about the internal contradictions of capital and watching Rupauls Dragrace.

moreaboutwhozackis

Quote from: dakotafloyd on July 07, 2014, 03:10:24 PM
Keep me posted on that RB zine, bee.  Super interested!  I'm assuming you've tried the Virgil's Special Edition RB w/ Bavarian Nutmeg?  It's seldom seen for under 3 bucks, but is totally worth it.

Starbucks has a new (well, they've been in the South for awhile for test marketing) line of sodas, so if anyone on here goes there, they might be worth your time.  So far I've able to try the Cane Cola and the Spice Root Beer flavors.  The CC was tasty, but the RB was pretty bland.  Definitely not worth the $2+, but if you have a gift card or something like I did what do you have to lose?
shame that the root beer was bland, I want to try the cane cola. I'm looking forward to trying the special edition, I'm ordering a bottle Wednesday. I've been meaning to ask, do you prefer root beer with or without sassafras?

AaronTheCabe

Quote from: lindsey on July 07, 2014, 03:40:27 PM
Anyone into Italian sodas?
love'em. i can't remember the brand but whenever i would visit family in st. petersburg florida this shop next to my cousins apartment had the best freakin' italian soda. sometimes i try to make my own with sparkling water and different syrups, my cousin said thats how a lot of Italian sodas are made really. i mean i know thats the whole basis of soda period, but i mean like a splash of a syrup and then 8 oz. of sparkingling water.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back breakfast

dakotafloyd

Quote from: moreaboutwhozackis on July 07, 2014, 04:45:03 PM
Keep me posted on that RB zine, bee.  Super interested!  I'm assuming you've tried the Virgil's Special Edition RB w/ Bavarian Nutmeg?  It's seldom seen for under 3 bucks, but is totally worth it.

Starbucks has a new (well, they've been in the South for awhile for test marketing) line of sodas, so if anyone on here goes there, they might be worth your time.  So far I've able to try the Cane Cola and the Spice Root Beer flavors.  The CC was tasty, but the RB was pretty bland.  Definitely not worth the $2+, but if you have a gift card or something like I did what do you have to lose?
shame that the root beer was bland, I want to try the cane cola. I'm looking forward to trying the special edition, I'm ordering a bottle Wednesday. I've been meaning to ask, do you prefer root beer with or without sassafras?

With!

Also, they might not have them in your region, but you should look for Live Soda Kombucha's Revive Root Beer.  It's exactly what it sounds like.  Pretty darn tasty!
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

moreaboutwhozackis

Quote from: dakotafloyd on July 07, 2014, 06:42:41 PM
Quote from: moreaboutwhozackis on July 07, 2014, 04:45:03 PM

With!

Also, they might not have them in your region, but you should look for Live Soda Kombucha's Revive Root Beer.  It's exactly what it sounds like.  Pretty darn tasty!
if nothing else, I'll order it online. I'm all for with as well.

kw

Quote from: bee on July 06, 2014, 09:05:45 AM
so happy that dakota was the first person to respond to this thread.

having just moved to canada from the uk i am very excited at the amount of new soda pops i get to try. i am mostly trying to sample every kind of root beer possible but jones's bubblegum is also up my alley, as are most apple flavoured things. the jarritos i've tried have been good. there is also a higher quality of cream soda over here, they were mostly all terrible in the uk. i'm not a huge cream soda fan but could be partial to one once in a while now i know i can get decent ones.

also me and kw are planning a root beer zine so any root beer fans should look out for that in the not too distant future.

came into this thread to post about the zine, then saw you already had!

pretty damn stoked to drink all the root beer ever.... not that i already don't.

dakotafloyd

Hey kw, have you had DANG! Butterscotch RB before?  It's pretty readily available in the States, and is quite tasty.
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

Phitney

Has anyone tried these? I just had the ginger one today and was really underwhelmed by it. It boasted "More Ginger! Less Sweet!" annnnnd it just tasted like watered down unsweetened ginger ale. I have three more bottles, so maybe it'll get better.

kw

Quote from: dakotafloyd on July 08, 2014, 04:43:20 PM
Hey kw, have you had DANG! Butterscotch RB before?  It's pretty readily available in the States, and is quite tasty.

i have not, butterscotch rootbeer sounds super interesting though, almost what butterbeer at the wizarding world would be made of... hmm.

i wonder if its distributed in canada

rory

I have made a concoction at work using butterscotch flavoring into fountain rootbeer and made a pretty darn good butterbeer for myself before.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

disa

Quote from: Semi on July 07, 2014, 04:13:51 PM
Today i drank Pepsi Max, today was the day I sold out.
I drink pepsi max pretty much every day, but I'm already a sell-out

dakotafloyd

Quote from: Phitney on July 09, 2014, 08:39:54 AM

Has anyone tried these? I just had the ginger one today and was really underwhelmed by it. It boasted "More Ginger! Less Sweet!" annnnnd it just tasted like watered down unsweetened ginger ale. I have three more bottles, so maybe it'll get better.

Been hearing about these for awhile now.  I'm always skeptical whenever people try to market sodas as being something that's not bad for you.
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

dakotafloyd

Found an Indo-Pak grocery store kinda close to my house.  Grabbed a small handful of stuff I had never tried before, including this tasty little gem.

21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

lindsey

bee

Quote from: kw on July 07, 2014, 08:42:35 PM

came into this thread to post about the zine, then saw you already had!

pretty damn stoked to drink all the root beer ever.... not that i already don't.

can we do it soon canwecanwecanwe

moreaboutwhozackis

I tried my first ginger beer today! I really enjoy the flavor, the slight spiciness makes my tongue very happy!

rory

Drinking a Reed's Extra Ginger Brew and realizing that it's probably my favorite Ginger Beer.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

avivatigerlily

So. Get with cola champagne if you haven't. Sorry UK dorks, it's Irn Bru but better :P

There's all sorts of brands of this but if it's orange and latinx/Caribbean it's this stuff, it tastes like fruity bubble gum and amazing.

dakotafloyd

Uck.  I hate champagne kolas.  Too bubblegummy.  If you're into that flavor, though, give Big Red a look.
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

dakotafloyd

Quote from: moreaboutwhozackis on July 13, 2014, 04:42:23 PM
I tried my first ginger beer today! I really enjoy the flavor, the slight spiciness makes my tongue very happy!

What'd ya have?  Some of my favorite ginger drinks are Buffalo Rock Ginger Ale, Maine Root Ginger Brew, Gosling's Ginger Beer, Trader Joe's Triple Ginger Brew, and Swamp Pop Jean Lafitte Ginger Ale.

Honorable mention goes to Goya Jamaican Ginger Beer, Bundaberg Ginger Beer, Ale-8-One, Royalty Ginger Beer, and Red Rock Golden Ginger Ale.
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

dakotafloyd

Quote from: lindsey on July 11, 2014, 11:09:15 PM
TELL ME MORE

Limca is a lemon lime soda that Coke bought the rights to back in the 90s.  It reminds me of a better, more flavorful version of Sprite or 7UP in which you can actually taste both the lemon and lime flavors, and pretty strongly at that.  If you ever see it and are into that sort of thing, I'd recommend it.  I usually skip lemon lime sodas because the flavors are almost always weak, but this one is pretty unique.

Interesting fact: Limca publishes their own India-specific book of world records, ala the Guinness Book.

Another Indian soda that Coke bought the rights to, to keep Pepsi from doing so first, is Thums Up.  It's a cola with a punch of ginger!
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

jer

Quote from: dakotafloyd on July 14, 2014, 02:52:45 PM
give Big Red a look.

This is probably the only soda I've ever had that I would never in my life drink again.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

dakotafloyd

Yeah.  It's definitely disgusting.  As far as champagne kola goes, it's right up there with the rest, though.
21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307

bee

Quote from: dakotafloyd on July 14, 2014, 03:01:16 PM
Another Indian soda that Coke bought the rights to, to keep Pepsi from doing so first, is Thums Up.  It's a cola with a punch of ginger!

thums up is pretty nice. i used to go to an indian restaurant in the uk that described it simply as "like coke but more indian".

dakotafloyd

Awwww yeah!  The store I went to was all out of Thums Up when I went, but I'm hoping they'll be restocked by the next time I head back.

21 Moreland Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30307