Alright I almost don't want to

Started by manmagic, May 12, 2017, 07:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manmagic

but let's talk about the PWR BTTM news.

Like every other situation like this and for good reason, I'm having a hard time following exactly what is going on. I was planning on seeing them play next month and have been jamming their album non stop these last couple weeks, but now I don't know what to do.

ramblinrabble

Can't remember if PWR BTTM is legit or another FRNTRNNR.   I'm also too lazy to google it so I'll await your confirmation.

manmagic

Alright, ALOT has happened since I first posted this.

Instead of it being very vague and confusing. It is now very serious and sad.

They were one of my favorite bands at this time last week. Such a sad thing to have happen again and again, but especially this time with it being who I thought were a trans/queer empowerment band.

Kudos to the majority of people associated with the band (minus the main two members) for how they have handled it though.

kw

looks like everyone involved who is not ben and liv handled it with poise and grace. they were never my cup of tea but it goes to show ya shitheads are everywhere and present themselves in many-a-way

skateandannoy

I never knew anything about his band other than that I didn't like the way they spelled their name. I would have definitely listened had I known what they were supposedly about before now. I'm glad I didn't now. I feel terrible for all the victims of that awful dude. Glad he's not getting away with it any longer.
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

BlakeK

I'm not a big fan of PWR BTTM but assuming the allegations against Ben are true, it's pretty insidious and terrible to gain entry into and trust of a group by saying the right things and purporting to believe the same things as other members of the group. Very sad for all involved.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

Uncle

Thats so frustrating. Such enjoyable music. People need to be good to each other though. I hope no one will make excuses for Ben. Its just not acceptable.

pronetoaccidents

i have no idea what this is about. missed some stuff due to being in jail from april 30th to june 22nd.
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

BlakeK

Quote from: pronetoaccidents on June 26, 2017, 09:20:39 AM
i have no idea what this is about. missed some stuff due to being in jail from april 30th to june 22nd.
The article I linked explains it pretty well. I'm glad you're out of jail. Hopefully you can get help and stay out and stay clean.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

pronetoaccidents

yeah i'm doing really well actually.. i had to kick 140 milligrams of meth in jail and was on it for 6 years. it was pretty hellish, i didn't sleep for the first three months literally but i'm living in a sober home in harlem now and have a few months off everything and things are finally picking up
Though lovers be lost love shall not.