General Category > General

Watcha readin?

(1/13) > >>

Eugene:
watcha read lately?

skateandannoy:
Just finished Cursed in Cairo (no one else has read it yet?!) Have a big list of stuff to read. Not sure what next. Maybe the board will help me decide? I was gonna read Camus' The Fall but maybe I'll hold off to make some content on the board. Someone pick what I read next!

Steinbeck In Dubious Battle
Greene The Lawless Roads
Salinger Franny and Zooey or Raise High The Roofbeam, Carpenters
Bradbury The Martian Chronicles or The Sound of Thunder
Morrison Beloved
Dostoyevsky The Idiot

as for comics, lately I've been reading Motor Crush, Mighty Thor, Mosaic, Spell on Wheels, Flash, Wonder Woman, Ms. Marvel, Sex Criminals, and Black Panther.

What about you Eugene?

hatmoose:
i'm dumb as shit and i can't make myself read as often as i think i should sometimes but i've been working my way through a bunch of books on film for the past year or so. the main one is tim lucas' epic biography of mario bava. in between trying to force books into my face i read a lot of comics, i really enjoyed the image comics run of "Prophet" and i highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of science fiction or fantasy (it's kind of like Heavy Metal)

skateandannoy:

--- Quote from: hatmoose on March 09, 2017, 11:29:45 AM ---i'm dumb as shit and i can't make myself read as often as i think i should sometimes but i've been working my way through a bunch of books on film for the past year or so. the main one is tim lucas' epic biography of mario bava. in between trying to force books into my face i read a lot of comics, i really enjoyed the image comics run of "Prophet" and i highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of science fiction or fantasy (it's kind of like Heavy Metal)

--- End quote ---
Gonna check Prophet out!

Eugene:
books I've read or finished recently enough (probably in the last 5 months) include

Sidewalk - Mitchell Duneier
What Ive Stolen, What Ive Earned - Sherman Alexie
Prison Writings: My Life is a Sun Dance - Leonard Pelteir
Indian Killer - Sherman Alexie

and Im at least half way/nearly done with

Refusing to be a Man: Essays on Sex and Justice - John Stoltenberg
The Satanic Verses - Salman Rushdie
and self help book on communicating but its kinda weird, only book I wouldnt recommend here
refusing to be a man is weird at times too, pretty great in others

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version