Congratulations Blake!!

Started by momitsnowme, October 23, 2016, 01:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

momitsnowme

I think Adelie works better because it's a different number of syllables. January is awesome! Along those lines, I think Wednesday is really cool.

BlakeK

Yeah, there's a lot of names I'm open to that are "no ways" from Amanda. I think Jade is morphing into Jada as the favorite. Adelie was well received and is currently in 2nd place.

EDIT: Elise is being thrown around. I like it.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

momitsnowme

Ahh! That's awesome. I think Adelie Rose is really nice

BlakeK

Quote from: momitsnowme on January 17, 2017, 05:31:28 PM
Ahh! That's awesome. I think Adelie Rose is really nice
It's now in the lead and looks like it may stick. Amanda wants to call her Addy as a nickname

momitsnowme

I love it!! I'm so excited my other favorite girl name might get a little human! Haha

momitsnowme

Elise is really good too. I could talk baby names all day.

BlakeK

Quote from: momitsnowme on January 17, 2017, 08:42:15 PM
I love it!! I'm so excited my other favorite girl name might get a little human! Haha
Adelie is it for the first name. Rose is favorite for middle name but others are still in play (I feel like I'm discussing sports trades and free agent signings).

momitsnowme

Quote from: BlakeK on January 19, 2017, 06:12:56 PM
Quote from: momitsnowme on January 17, 2017, 08:42:15 PM
Adelie is it for the first name. Rose is favorite for middle name but others are still in play (I feel like I'm discussing sports trades and free agent signings).

Ahh! I'm so excited. I'll have to meet her now :)

jer

Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

BlakeK

Quote from: jer on January 19, 2017, 07:58:39 PM
Adelie Jera
Jera was MY first choice, I just couldn't convince Amanda of its greatness.

It would be cool to meet in Bloomington some time or if we go to California to meet up there in the future. We have discussed going to California some time on vacation though it would be to L.A. and hopefully at least some time in San Francisco.

momitsnowme

We could get to LA. it's only an hour away!

momitsnowme

BlakeK

She's good. She's due on July 1st. Everything looks good so far. There were some cysts on the brain at one ultrasound but they said that it's nothing to worry about and they weren't there on the next ultrasound. All blood work and tests are normal. I'm very nervous that something will go wrong but I don't say that out loud. I'm just neurotic. We have a lot of baby stuff and her shower is in May when hopefully we can get some of the last things we need. They have some badass baby monitors nowadays and I'm going to have to get one where I can watch her through an app on my cellphone when I'm at work. Thanks for asking and for the name! I will tell her that she was named by a nice person on a small message board that some of us will still hopefully post on when she's old enough to understand and say "hi".

BlakeK

Well Amanda went in after hurting her arm and after checking her urine, blood pressure, etc. they decided to induce her tomorrow morning at 8 AM. I am so nervous as it's about 3 weeks early and feel completely unprepared. I'm so stressed out but am trying to act like everything is cool with me so I don't stress Amanda out. I feel so bad for her, she has a torn ligament in her arm and is giving birth tomorrow morning. We are chilling out in the hospital. Small chance she gives birth tonight but most likely not until tomorrow after 8. Holy shit.

momitsnowme

Are they worried about pre-eclampsia? Was there protein in her urine?
Let me know if you have any questions during the induction! It can be a long process, especially early.

BlakeK

Quote from: momitsnowme on June 08, 2017, 06:52:02 AM
Are they worried about pre-eclampsia? Was there protein in her urine?
Let me know if you have any questions during the induction! It can be a long process, especially early.
Yes to both. That's  exactly what they were worried about. It definitely seems like it's going to take a while before stuff really starts happening. They think Adelie will be fine.

momitsnowme

If she had protein then inducing is definitely a good idea. Adelie will be fine. Pre-eclampsia is actually dangerous for the mom but she will be fine too. That's why they're inducing her. If it was more urgent, they would have performed a c section right away.

Good luck today! You'll have a baby within 48 hours 😍

momitsnowme

The best thing you can do is to help Amanda not stress. They'll likely be monitoring her blood pressure a lot, if not continuously, and if it rises, regardless of the reason, recommend more interventions that come with side effects. If it's rising because of eclampsia, you want emergency action, but if it's just rising because a nurse is stressing her out or something, you don't. So anything you can do to keep her as calm as possible will help. Talk to her about your favorite memories, look at pics of her son, talk about the things you'll do together as a family, etc.
As much as you can, do the talking to care providers so she doesn't feel pressured. You can bring back what they say and talk to her about it calmly. message me if you want!

BlakeK

Adelie Rose is very good. 5 lbs 14 oz, 19 inches. She's 3 weeks early but I'm very glad she's here. I think everything is okay with her unless something comes up (fingers crossed nothing comes up). Amanda is doing better and is on the mend. We finally got to go to the post partum room and she doesn't have any IVs anymore. Hopefully releases on Monday but probably no later than Tuesday. It felt so strange going out into stores and driving around after essentially being in one room since Wednesday night. I hope Amanda recovers well and Adelie stays on course.

momitsnowme

Happy for you and your family!! Enjoy tiny baby cuddles and sleep as much as you can while you're in the hospital!! ❤️❤️

jer

blake had sex with his wife, everyone!

now there's a baby.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

BlakeK

Quote from: jer on June 12, 2017, 08:13:22 PM
blake had sex with his wife, everyone!

now there's a baby.
Wait, what? So THAT'S how she got pregnant?

ramblinrabble

Well not directly, obviously.

BlakeK

Our baby has been home since Tuesday night and she's doing really well. We had a really hard time getting the doctor to discharge Adelie but we took her to the pediatrician the day after and she's doing great.

momitsnowme