scariest songs

Started by pronetoaccidents, July 10, 2016, 12:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pronetoaccidents

The lyrics for this song were inspired by and largely taken from a letter written by physician Blaster Al Ackerman describing a woman in a burn unit. The lack of concern for humanity is appalling,

"...By far the worst is the hamburger lady, and because of shortage right now of 'qualified technicians', e.g. technicians who can work with her and keep their last meal down, Screwloose Lauritzen and I have been alternating nights with her, unrelievedly. If you put a 250-lb meatloaf in the oven and then burned it and then followed that by propping it up on a potty-chair to greet you at 11pm each night, you would have some description of these past two weeks. Which is to say the worst I seen since viet napalms. When somebody tells you that there is a level of pain beyond which the human mind cannot retain consciousness, please tell them to write me. In point of fact this lady has not slept more than 3-5 minutes at a stretch since she came to us – that was over two weeks ago and, thanks to medical advances, there is no end in sight; from the waist (waste?) up everything is burned off, ears, nose etc – lower half is untouched and that, I guess, is what keeps her alive. I took one guy in to help me change tubes and he did alright, that is alright till he came out, then he spotted one of the burn nurses (pleasant smiling zombies) eating a can of chile-mac at the desk, and that did it: he flashed on the carpet. It is fucking insane is what it is."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTljpH7cfW8
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

hatmoose

frankie teardrops, i don't wanna listen to that one in an alley
ask me about my high score

rory

I had a weird childhood so I've been familiar with that Throbbing Gristle track since I was probably 10, but reading that letter and backstory and then listening to it really added a new effect, and it is pretty creepy. Which isn't to say the song wasn't eerie before, I just liked a lot of unsettling music when I was a kid so it doesn't usually shake me so much.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

jer

Quote from: pronetoaccidents on July 10, 2016, 12:35:12 PM
written by physician Blaster Al Ackerman

Blaster Al Ackerman was a fiction-writer/artist. He was not a physician, and this was one of his works.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

ramblinrabble

rory

Quote from: jer on July 11, 2016, 04:49:11 PM
Quote from: pronetoaccidents on July 10, 2016, 12:35:12 PM
written by physician Blaster Al Ackerman

Blaster Al Ackerman was a fiction-writer/artist. He was not a physician, and this was one of his works.

Good to know.
Quote from: Winged Killick
I'm an anarchist, but I'm not going to drive ninety-five miles an hour down the road tossing illegal, invasive species of snakes from my car while texting and fraudulently doing my taxes.

pronetoaccidents

good to know as well. still super creepy
Though lovers be lost love shall not.