20th anniversary of Less Talk More Rock

Started by momitsnowme, May 26, 2016, 03:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

momitsnowme

I saw Ryan and Jeremy post about this on facebook. One of the most formative albums for me, ever.

pronetoaccidents

Though lovers be lost love shall not.

skateandannoy

One of the best records of all time! It would be sick, although unlikely, if they did a 20th anniversary tour where they played the whole record.
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

GrownFolk

Quote from: skateandannoy on May 27, 2016, 09:44:54 AM
One of the best records of all time! It would be sick, although unlikely, if they did a 20th anniversary tour where they played the whole record.
Agreed, but I think only half the lineup from that period is even in the band anymore if they're even still together.  Less Talk probably shaped me more as a person than any other record ever.  I couldn't have asked for a better album to shape my impressionable teenage mind.

BlakeK

Lots of ideas discussed in this album that I had not heard discussed before. I think Rage Against the Machine (as with Propagandhi, literature was provided on a number of topics) exposed me to a lot of important ideas, problems, and events about which I had little to no knowledge. I feel like since we did not have the Internet when I was a young teenager, I had to learn about non mainstream topics from music.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

momitsnowme

Blake, exactly! Cd liner notes taught me about radical politics! And say what you will about anti-flag but their 9/11 for peace album and the liner notes played a big part in radicalizing me. I remember learning about Mumia from it and being blown away

BlakeK

Quote from: momitsnowme on May 30, 2016, 08:52:52 AM
Blake, exactly! Cd liner notes taught me about radical politics! And say what you will about anti-flag but their 9/11 for peace album and the liner notes played a big part in radicalizing me. I remember learning about Mumia from it and being blown away
I have always liked Anti-Flag and still listen to them from time to time. I like their newest album American Spring
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

GrownFolk

Agreed on the politics.  It wasn't just an album of fuck this and fuck that.  The liner notes really explained the causes and the deeper meaning of the songs and politics.  At a time when information wasn't as readily available as it is today this was a great introduction into a lot of political ideas that I still believe in now.