Summer Goals

Started by Gator Punch, June 19, 2014, 06:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gator Punch

I seem to remember a thread of people's plans for the summer, which made me think about what I would like to accomplish. So here goes.
Finish writing and illustrating my children's book.
Edit and rewrite the novel I started.
Record twelve songs with my band in a way I'm actually proud of.
Get a job as a sub so I can start subbing in the fall and not have to work retail anymore.
Finish a full watercolor painting.
Finish a full acrylic painting.
Land a second 360 flip. This one is obviously most important.

lindsey

-launch my plus size fashion blog
-work on getting involved with the local fat fashion community and try to see if any local plus designer might trade work for professional-level sewing lessons
-start collecting vintage to launch an online store in the fall (also prepare all the provisions like tags, flyers, etc)
-get my work area and also the rest of the clutter-collecting areas of my apartment hella hella clean and organized
-get my boob checked out to make sure i don't have cancer
-SAVE UP ALL THE MONIES FOR MY ALICE CARRIER TATTOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(google her if you're not familiar and then sob at the beauty like i do every day. her books only open like twice a year and i'm GETTING ON THAT SHIT THIS TIME WITHOUT A DOUBT)

rabbit

- continue improving songwriting, get at least an EP's worth of stuff recorded (this.... well, i've got probably a double album's worth of stuff recorded already. but i want to start from the ground up on entirely new stuff and i want to get recordings that do it justice. so this is definitely the most important one to me and is also potentially the trickiest)
- continue learning python and start putting it to use (i just got a laptop (linux) and have just started learning python. the plan is to make some of my own applications, things to help me sort and store my music recordings rather than just have them all in a huge mess like they are right now)

edward

In two days I'm leaving to ride my bike across the country then will be spending a couple weeks in the NW and California.  West coast friends, I'll be hitting you up soon!  Take me surfing!
I might do a blog, I'll post the link but I probably wont but if you are all interested you could follow me on the gram: lavender_time !

Gator Punch

Quote from: edward on June 19, 2014, 07:41:31 AM
In two days I'm leaving to ride my bike across the country then will be spending a couple weeks in the NW and California.  West coast friends, I'll be hitting you up soon!  Take me surfing!
I might do a blog, I'll post the link but I probably wont but if you are all interested you could follow me on the gram: lavender_time !

This is pretty awesome. Where is your starting point?

Quote from: lindsey on June 19, 2014, 07:00:45 AM

(google her if you're not familiar and then sob at the beauty like i do every day. her books only open like twice a year and i'm GETTING ON THAT SHIT THIS TIME WITHOUT A DOUBT)
Her work really is great. I love her animal skulls. What are you getting, if you don't mind me asking?

SoniaButton

- Record more often, including a new demo to take out this summer.
- Woody Guthrie Festival to meet an old friend, and of course have fun.
- Tour in August.  This will be after I leave my job (this is the hardest time I have EVER had parting ways with a job.)
- Hitching to the states I haven't been to yet.
- I may try my hand at the Appalachian Trail for a few months

lindsey

Quote from: Gator Punch on June 19, 2014, 07:49:20 AM
Quote from: lindsey on June 19, 2014, 07:00:45 AM

Her work really is great. I love her animal skulls. What are you getting, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm obsessed with her floral pieces! I'm planning to get a mix of Roses and Dogwood flowers, representing my two homes of Portland (city of roses) and NC (state flower is dogwood) I'm sooooo stoked

Gator Punch

That's perfect for her style.

Nyla

- finish my goddamn masters application