anyone know any good fantasy books

Started by pronetoaccidents, April 20, 2016, 04:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pronetoaccidents

along the lines of Lord dunsany, tolkien, game of thrones dude.

if you're into it, I found one John darnielle recommended that pre dated them all, the worms of ouroboros  (I posted this months ago).

I can use some escapism and been reading a little too much of crowleys sex magik books and losing my mind a little more and more each day as a result
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

ramblinrabble

Piers Anthony's Xanth books are a fun read.

skateandannoy

https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

Aaron

I'm (or at least have been) a pretty huge fantasy nerd so I can come up a long list given a few minutes.  But definitely check out Guy Gavriel Kay, probably my favorite.  He's like a more romantic and lyrical version of George R.R. Martin.  Gene Wolfe is cool if you want something sort of difficult (for fantasy..) and esoteric.  Also, I've never read Lord Dunsany, but I recently read a novella by Lovecraft influenced by Dunsany.  It was called something like "The Dream World of something somebody" or something.  It was brilliant.  Haha, I'm tired.  I'll try to think of more suggestions after passover.

amanda

I haven't read them yet, but my younger brother is a huge fan of Patrick Rothfuss. 

jer

Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

BlakeK

Controlled demolition! Building 7! Inside job! False flag! New world order!
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

ramblinrabble

Dont forget about the second shooter, Paul McCartney's faked death, vapor trails, and the "moon landing"

BlakeK

Quote from: ramblinrabble on April 29, 2016, 06:59:11 AM
Dont forget about the second shooter, Paul McCartney's faked death, vapor trails, and the "moon landing"
Second shooter? Please, if we're going to talk like thinking people we have to talk about the second and the third shooter. Triangulated crossfire!

Paul McCartney has been dead since 1966. Got to keep the fat cats in the music industry's pockets full!

Chem-trails are not simply vapor but poison designed to make the population stupid and violent. Population control!

The moon landing? Kubrick's best work!
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin