Better Call Saul season 2 finale (spoilers)

Started by BlakeK, April 18, 2016, 08:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeK

So it had to be Victor who put the note on Mike's car at the request of Gus, right? I looked for info on whether Gus would be returning but couldn't find anything. If you take the first letters of the episodes of this season you can spell "Fring's back". That's too big of a tease not to deliver in season 3. I don't particularly like cliffhanger endings to seasons but if Gus comes in, I'm cool.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

Anna Karina

I wanted to like it, but man, what a meandering and aimless season. Everything important could have been covered in about three episodes, and it ended at essentially the same spot Jimmy (and Mike) was in at the end of season one. Kim was great throughout though.

Anna Karina

Also, who the fuck decided they needed to bring the Cousins back?

Anna Karina

Regarding the original question, I doubt Gus himself would've left the note, but I wouldn't doubt Tyrus did for him. I'm pretty good with the return of Tyrus, unlike the Cousins (and also I could do without Tuco but whatever).

And Gilligan admitted the anagram was on purpose.

BlakeK

Quote from: Anna Karina on April 19, 2016, 12:39:49 AM
Regarding the original question, I doubt Gus himself would've left the note, but I wouldn't doubt Tyrus did for him. I'm pretty good with the return of Tyrus, unlike the Cousins (and also I could do without Tuco but whatever).

And Gilligan admitted the anagram was on purpose.
I liked the season but I do agree. The story arc with Chuck and Jimmy could have wrapped up several episodes ago if some of the filler was taken out. That would have helped move things along. I would have liked to see more Mike this season. I'm happy with how his story ended for the season as long as it was Victor who left the note (Tyrus would be fine but seeing Victor again knowing how things end for him would be nice). You are right that of course Gus wouldn't personally bring the note. That wouldn't be very Gus-like. I wonder if Gus will get a good amount of screen time given that he's not the type to meet regularly with Mike and don't know what role Gus would even have at this point. I also don't care for having the cousins around but I suspect something will happen that sends them back to Mexico for some time.

Kim has been wonderful. I was worried we would have a Skyler situation after the confrontation at Chucks but thankfully it didn't turn out that way. I would have hated to see her carry on and on about how messed up Jimmy is for having committed fraud while at the same time keeping the benefits. I'm glad that didn't happen and she has been great.

I like the direction the show is going I just feel like it's taking longer than it should to get there.
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

Anna Karina