Music that you like that you assume people on the board hate

Started by BlakeK, March 01, 2016, 07:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeK

Quote from: pronetoaccidents on March 11, 2016, 09:24:21 AM
And the warning greenday album in particular. Church on sunday rocks
In my opinion, everything up to and including American Idiot is golden. Afterwards, not so much but still some gems
Quote from: BlakeK on March 09, 2017, 06:59:37 PM
Having said that, I'd rather listen to Papa Roach than GG Allin

skateandannoy

Quote from: kw on March 11, 2016, 04:41:12 PM
Quote from: manmagic on March 10, 2016, 10:47:23 AM
I listen to alot of Christian artist still from tooth and nail and solid state records in the early 2000s.

beloved, stretch armstrong, xlooking forwardx, ten33, further seems forever, anberlin etc

you ever get into that band terminal? how the lonely keep was such a solid christian emoish record from that period
What a weird genre that early 2000's Warped Tour Christian Rock/ Rap/ Nu-Metal/ Emo scene was. Although, the contemporary Warped Tour Christian Metalcore/ Emo scene is just as bizarre. Warped Tour is just weird I guess.
https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

pronetoaccidents

saves the day, every blink 182 album up to take off your pants and jacket.

and pix bands.. matty pop chart,rosa,defiance ohio.

i also love early gg allin, when he played with the jabbers and sounded like buzzcocks
Though lovers be lost love shall not.

BlakeK

I don't think anyone has mentioned Sublime yet. Sublime were awesome. I still love listening to them. I know they got hijacked by "bros" and hippies but they were terrific nonetheless. I'm not down with the Sublime with Rome shit. That leads me to my next old man, finger wagging thread....

momitsnowme

Yep, I still like singing along to Sublime. Haha, Blake, we have the same lame music taste

BlakeK

Have you ever considered THEY are the ones with the lame musical taste?

ramblinrabble

I know, by heart, an unreasonable amount of Biggie lyrics

BlakeK

Quote from: ramblinrabble on April 12, 2016, 04:35:43 AM
I know, by heart, an unreasonable amount of Biggie lyrics
I know a shitload of rap by heart. Mostly "gangsta rap" from the 90s. One question. Do you sing the Biggie song out loud? If so, do you censor yourself?

pronetoaccidents

I personally get intensely into it and let the n bombs fly.. not to say I'm proud of it

BlakeK

pronetoaccidents

I think bat outta hell is one of the greatest albums ever

BlakeK

I bought a soundtrack to a movie I never saw called Godmoney in 97 or 98. It was a badass soundtrack. I was revisiting some of the songs and came across this one. What band and/or song does it clearly rip off? Anyone hear it?

http://youtu.be/bO2mSQnnyOI

BlakeK

momitsnowme

https://youtu.be/qB1eBM5Ghe8

Edited...I posted some weird version of this by another person before

jer

Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

BlakeK

I always wondered that. I think it was good to put them in a music video. Maybe Kanye West or someone with similar popularity could do the same thing today.

pronetoaccidents

BlakeK

Oh I owned Live Through This and had a recorded cassette of Pretty On the Inside. I quit listening to Hole relatively quickly once it became clear to me that she killed Kurt. Most people I hung out with believed that. They may still believe it. I think there is definitely something fishy about the whole thing. I won't get into that, though. Most people I knew believed Kurt wrote part if not most of Live Through This. Conspiracy theories in the 90s didn't require much evidence for people to believe them. Maybe that's not changed but at least now people try to present evidence, flawed as it may be much of the time.

BlakeK

Quote from: BlakeK on April 16, 2016, 03:44:18 PM
I bought a soundtrack to a movie I never saw called Godmoney in 97 or 98. It was a badass soundtrack. I was revisiting some of the songs and came across this one. What band and/or song does it clearly rip off? Anyone hear it?

http://youtu.be/bO2mSQnnyOI
The answer to my question is a guilty pleasure of mine growing up.
http://youtu.be/1qB6XdAkkAo
The Gin Blossoms were one of those bands that people pretended not to like but knew most of the words and wouldn't change the radio if they were on. The Farside song sounds like a cross between the above song and this one:
http://youtu.be/ah5gAkna3jI

BlakeK

You see, back in the day the cooler, harder music was on MTV while the lighter, safer music was on VH-1. The Gin Blossoms were about as hard as VH-1 got. 120 Minutes was a show on MTV Sunday night from like midnight until 2. I used to record it every Sunday. I discovered a lot of cool bands on that show. They need to have something like that for kids nowadays. I feel like even though there are bands available from anywhere to anyone at all times, there needs to be a spotlight for bands that don't get much radio play. Maybe I'm just out of touch.

jer

Quote from: BlakeK on April 19, 2016, 06:56:23 PM
there needs to be a spotlight for bands that don't get much radio play. Maybe I'm just out of touch.

hey dude, check out the world wide web, i think you'd dig it.
Anti-Creative Records sells some things.
http://www.anti-creative.com

pronetoaccidents

Quote from: BlakeK on April 19, 2016, 06:40:24 PM
Oh I owned Live Through This and had a recorded cassette of Pretty On the Inside. I quit listening to Hole relatively quickly once it became clear to me that she killed Kurt. Most people I hung out with believed that. They may still believe it. I think there is definitely something fishy about the whole thing. I won't get into that, though. Most people I knew believed Kurt wrote part if not most of Live Through This. Conspiracy theories in the 90s didn't require much evidence for people to believe them. Maybe that's not changed but at least now people try to present evidence, flawed as it may be much of the time.

i try to talk about this to people but they laugh it off and say how they thought that when they were in middle school but if you actually dig into it a bit, as you said, it's certainly pretty fucking "fishy"

i also heard that thing about him writing live through this. everything about the album, even the lyrics and song structure is very similiar to kurts.. of course she could of been influenced by him, "inspired" what have you, but i doubt that too.

edith__

I miss 120 Minutes. There was a lot of awful stuff on it but there was the occasionally good song.

And I had to google whatever happened to the Soul Asylum video kids, not a lot of good stuff with too many of them.