didn't anyone else love batman the animated series growing up?

Started by pronetoaccidents, February 25, 2016, 11:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pronetoaccidents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQVC2zCC5qA

Street sharks was a close second.

Other top contenders..

• Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
    • Bucky O'hare
    • Inspector Gadget
    • Creepy Crawlers

[/list]

Though lovers be lost love shall not.

manmagic

I just watched captain planet on repeat. All other shows were obsolete.

pronetoaccidents

Best Captain PLanet was the episode where there's a giant rat who wears a trenchcoat and pushes a drug called "bliss" on one of the characters, the blonde, which makes her turn into a zombie and she and other zombies chase them all the way to a building where they have to barricade themselves. I remember thinking it was ridiculous before I even knew what a drug was.

leads to...

MIND POLLUTION EPISODE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFoOMH3i-Yg

skateandannoy

Batman: The Animated Series is amazing to this day. It's maybe the best non-comic representation of the character. Don't forget 1994's Spiderman animated series. Also incredible!
    https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
    kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

hatmoose

if you like b:tas you should check out the fleischer studios superman serials from the 40s, they were a big influence on bruce timm's artstyle and stuff i think. there's some ambitious animation in certain episodes of b:tas that is cool to look at now, like the one with clayface. it's also neat that it wasn't overly silly or anything, that they respected kids enough at that time to make a show that was serious
    ask me about my high score

ramblinrabble

Quote from: skateandannoy on February 27, 2016, 08:00:43 PM
    Don't forget 1994's Spiderman animated series. Also incredible!

Are you saying 60's spiderman wasn't the best?  Because you're wrong.

skateandannoy

Quote from: hatmoose on February 27, 2016, 08:10:30 PM
    if you like b:tas you should check out the fleischer studios superman serials from the 40s, they were a big influence on bruce timm's artstyle and stuff i think. there's some ambitious animation in certain episodes of b:tas that is cool to look at now, like the one with clayface. it's also neat that it wasn't overly silly or anything, that they respected kids enough at that time to make a show that was serious
    I'm gonna check that out! And yes! You're so right about B:tAS.
    Quote from: ramblinrabble on February 28, 2016, 02:56:40 PM
    Quote from: skateandannoy on February 27, 2016, 08:00:43 PM
    Don't forget 1994's Spiderman animated series. Also incredible!

Are you saying 60's spiderman wasn't the best?  Because you're wrong.
    Believe it or not, I've actually never seen the 60's Spiderman. I'm blowing it.
    https://deadformat.net/tradelist/anthemforadoomed

Quote from: tinybitsofheart on August 01, 2014, 06:53:17 AM
    kinda weird how the earth continues to spin on its axis and everything eventually dies even when you don't want it to dang

hatmoose

the superman shorts have a kind of interesting story behind their creation, fleischer studios was busy working on an animated movie and didn't want to commit to anything else, when paramount pictures hit them up and was like "we should make some cartoons about this superman guy everyone is buying comics of".

the fleischer bros didn't want to outright reject them for whatever reason, so they just asked for 4x the per-episode budget that was typically used at that time (something like 1.6 million per episode adjusted for inflation) hoping that paramount would be like "fuck that" immediately. instead, paramount wound up agreeing to 50% of that and the fleischer bros were like "alright, well, shit"

the only thing i should say i guess is that the studio kind of blew up on itself and paramount kind of fucked them over, so probably don't watch past episode 9. they start being WW2 propaganda movies for the last 8 instead of cool things where superman beats up king kong
    ask me about my high score

pronetoaccidents

i don't believe i've seen the superman shorts either. i was never a big superman fan. the only superman related thing i like was the alan moore take on the last superman story